Using minoxidil and dermaroller - Results?

Dmhead

Hi. I'm new here. Been losing my hair for about 8 years. Have receding hairlines, the front is thinning and the vertex is is also thinning.

I've been using Kirkland minoxidil and dermaroller, which is a microneedling device since may to december months now. I'm very lousy to judge my own results, so I wondered if peope can see some difference. Her are pictures of my crown:

11_05_2015_small.jpg

29_12_2015.jpg

Looks like some re-growth there to me.

Thanks for the comments :) I've consider to add DHT blocker and the Hairmax lasercomb. I want my balding spots to be filled with hair, so that it is not visible anymore.

Based on the pics you've presented, I' would agree that there appears to be some regrowth. I purchased a dermaroller several months ago but have yet to try it out. I may just give it a try now.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• Administrators

It looks like regrowth, I've been using the dermaroller for 3 months now, I've noticed some improvement, especially on the outer fringes, where the crown expanded.

Home212 the science behind the dermaroller is similar to PRP, the science is that the tiny wounds release proteins in your body that are responsible for hair development. The science between the dermaroller and minoxidil together is basically your body releases the proteins that are responsible for hair growth in addition you use minoxidil which stimulates growth as well it's supposed to work synergestically. Im gonna buy a laser comb and throw that in the mix too. Here's the study

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I have heard about the dermaroller and that it works. I am confused as to how often you are to actually use it. There are many different opinions on the web. To those of you that use it

how often do you use it?

I used laser therapy for about 2 hrs. Maintenance is difficult to assess but its easy w/ no sides. The Lasercap, not comb, was the best one available in market. That said I heard there's a new product coming out. I'll find out the name.

First I've heard of dermaroller. Sounds interesting and you definitely have seen some results.

I have heard about the dermaroller and that it works. I am confused as to how often you are to actually use it. There are many different opinions on the web. To those of you that use it

how often do you use it?

In the first 4 months, I only used it once a week, like what they did in that experiment in Mumbai. After that I've been using it three times per week. It seems for me that new more hairs did grow after I began using it three times.

I used laser therapy for about 2 hrs. Maintenance is difficult to assess but its easy w/ no sides. The Lasercap, not comb, was the best one available in market. That said I heard there's a new product coming out. I'll find out the name.

First I've heard of dermaroller. Sounds interesting and you definitely have seen some results.

Thanks :) I heard also if you use DHT blocker with minoxidil and the dermaroller, you will get better results. I want to try the hairmax laser also, but I'm not sure how good results you can get from it. Isn't it more suited to people in the earlier stages of hair loss?

Based on the pics you've presented, I' would agree that there appears to be some regrowth. I purchased a dermaroller several months ago but have yet to try it out. I may just give it a try now.

Thanks :) Yeah I would give it a try. Was skeptical to it when I heard about the roller, but my pics proves otherwise.

• 1 month later...

hi Dmhead, the results you have posted are impressive. I have 2 questions which i hope u will help me with so that i too can purchase the dermaroller....

1. What was the needle size that you used..0.5 mm, 1 mm, or 1.5 mm....in the study 1.5 mm had been used....

2. What was your endpoint during the rolling procedure? In the sense, did you see erythema/redness and stop the particular session or did you do it for few minutes and then stop the session?

3. How difficult was it to dermaroll without shaving head? Did the hair not get tangled within the needles?

Hope to hear from you soon....

hi Dmhead, the results you have posted are impressive. I have 2 questions which i hope u will help me with so that i too can purchase the dermaroller....

1. What was the needle size that you used..0.5 mm, 1 mm, or 1.5 mm....in the study 1.5 mm had been used....

2. What was your endpoint during the rolling procedure? In the sense, did you see erythema/redness and stop the particular session or did you do it for few minutes and then stop the session?

3. How difficult was it to dermaroll without shaving head? Did the hair not get tangled within the needles?

Hope to hear from you soon....

• 1 month later...

The second picture looks like it was taken closer than the first but the hair does look thicker.

In person check is the best especially as the cost of these products can add up to a lot.

Has anyone had any miracles while using Monoxidil 5% ?

The second picture looks like it was taken closer than the first but the hair does look thicker.

In person check is the best especially as the cost of these products can add up to a lot.

Has anyone had any miracles while using Monoxidil 5% ?

No it's not a miracle drug, but it does help. I've been using it over 2 years along with finasteride and have experienced some regrowth. Every hair helps lol.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've not been using the derma-roller or nizarol that much about once per week.

I think it could be affecting the hair i already have and it can cause scalp irritation especially if used alot.

Once the scalp gets problems it becomes very hard to get back to normal