Dr Koray Erdogan, Asmed Clinic – 3400 grafts – FUE -Dec 2015

ersko72

I agree you look right on track at 3 months, when high density is placed into the recipient area you can expect to have some colour for longer as you are experiencing. Exciting times ahead.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Erkso,

Great to see your update with pics.

Being only 2 weeks ahead of you with my HT, my hair regrowth looks pretty much identical to yours. However in the last 10 days I've noticed a fair few lighter finer hairs coming through so hopefully they darken and thicken up soon. As soon as I notice any significant changes I will be sure to post some pics.

Hopefully we are both on the brink of some great results.

Looks great for 3 months erkso. As mentioned by everyone looks on track for what it is expected. Would welcome pics of your donor area in your next update. As you know I'm going to ASMED in June so really looking forward to updates from patients at the clinic.

Just a question about disguising your transplant - you mentioned in your original post you used a variety of excuses as to the redness etc. but has anyone cottoned on you've had an op? From the pictures you can see the difference between the native and transplanted hairs.

Hi Garageland,

I agree, dense packing was a major contributor to my ongoing redness. 3 months later and still somewhat visible!

Raman!

By the sounds of it we are tracking very closely, and hopefully on track for a 4 month result like HT-FUE's. I'll be keeping an eye out for your pics!

quackhairny,

Yes, 17 years of almost zero progression on Finasteride did give the confidence to aggressively restore my hairline. That said, I'm aware future procedures would be required if my hair loss progress super slowly throughout my forties, fifties, sixties... so I'll be extra diligent on the Finasteride for the next 17 years. :)

HT-FUE,

I'm seeing heaps of sprouts. I have my fingers crossed that I can keep pace with your amazing 4 month check-point!

Vpac,

Donor has been a non-issue for me. It was undetectable about a week after the procedure. I'll post a donor pic at 5 months. Yes, the HT is obvious and disguising is a nightmare. My look got worse by the day up until the 2 month mark, then gradually improved every day since. I'll need another month or more before I lose my peculiar look. People at work know something has happened but I just put it form my mind and go about my business, and people don't think to ask. I've gotten this far without admitting to it and will not be giving the game away now that I'm through the worst of it. Make sure you have a cap for all social occasions, and definitely no photos without the cap!

Hi mate, if you're seeing loss of sprouts they will all come at once and you'll have a great 4 month update as soon as I noticed all them I had a good feeling and I didn't realise how good the growth was until I posted my 3 and 4 months side by side, was a good improvement.. Looking forward to seeing your final result as thatoldchesnut said 3400 into 50cm2 is very dense even if your hair isn't so thick

• 4 weeks later...

Things are starting to happen now. Still sparse, however I can see improvement week by week and more hairs are sprouting.

I'm feeling less self conscious these days. I have moved to a believable 'regretful short haircut' look and have started to head to social gatherings without a cap.

During these sparse days, my worst enemy is bright overhead lighting!

5b32ec09725b9_4months-frontview.thumb.jpg.c3d3fb2bbd7c1707b6ad28c4c5deb68f.jpg

5b32ec09956f2_4monthsfrontlookingdown.thumb.jpg.4a14ee3565fddbf2bbd2b062c75d6e1a.jpg

5b32ec09a93d9_4months-leftside.thumb.jpg.0ff6e450267184a14c50a0c675cf6440.jpg

5b32ec09bb8e5_4monthsleftsidelookingdown.thumb.jpg.65cbc166e28162b7426e27b1c67e9849.jpg

5b32ec09cda69_4monthsrightside.thumb.jpg.218b40b05d1e9bad02cf61b14075f03e.jpg

Edited by ersko72

Things are starting to happen now. Still sparse, however I can see improvement week by week and more hairs are sprouting.

I'm feeling less self conscious these days. I have moved to a believable 'regretful short haircut' look and have started to head to social gatherings without a cap.

Whoa, this is gonna be a great result. Had I opted for FUE, Erdogan would have been my guy...

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

I would agree with the others that say this looks promising for 4 months looks like the redness has faded too.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

thatoldchesnut- thanks for the tip on Toppik. I did try it several times throughout the past few months. It looked like a bad dye job on me so I decided to manage without. That said, I've kept in contact with some of the guys who were at Asmed the same week as me and they swear by it.

Ernie - yeah, I'm pleased with Erdogan as my FUE choice. I'm loving the hairline, now I just need to wait a few more months for decent density.

Garageland, thanks for the comforting words. The redness is still there, but now so faint under my light coverage of hair that it's invisible unless you're looking for it.

Ersko72, just found your thread. Looks awesome for 4 months, can't wait to see further updates. I am seriously considering Erdogan for my FUE treatment so your results/hairline is really inspiring. I'm hoping to get a slot to see him in London when he's visiting next month.

Hey Erkso, your hair looks great for 4 months mate! Your hairline looks much better than mine at my 4 month mark. I'm 3 days off my 5 month mark now and am happy to say my growth is now starting to kick in - bring on the growth!

JustJax - definitely try and see Erdogan when he is on tour. Being from Australia there was no such luxury; to avoid a 2nd massive trip I took the gamble and flew to the other side of the planet for the consult, and hoped like crazy the consult went well enough for me to progress to surgery the next day. A hometown consult would negate all that uncertainty.

Raman! Yeah, it's not as good as HT-FUE's 4 month checkpoint but I am happy with my progress. I'm 4.5 months now and am still seeing new sprouts. It's great to hear yours is starting to come in - yay! Happy growing, and can't wait to see future updates from you.

Looking real good mate!!!

JustJax - definitely try and see Erdogan when he is on tour. Being from Australia there was no such luxury; to avoid a 2nd massive trip I took the gamble and flew to the other side of the planet for the consult, and hoped like crazy the consult went well enough for me to progress to surgery the next day. A hometown consult would negate all that uncertainty.

Can't believe you traveled that far, I think I would have had the confidence to chance it. Thankfully your gamble is clearly paying off, loving your results so far. So how long was the flight from Australia? TBH, the lack of a consult in advance is one of the reasons I've been dubious about going overseas, the good news for me is that it looks like I've secured a consult for London next month, I'm just waiting confirmation on times, etc. I just hope that when I see him he doesn't think I need more than the 3000-3200 grafts estimated based on my pics as that'll throw my budget out the window.

• 2 weeks later...

I can finally rejoin my social life! I had a family BBQ at our place this weekend and comments were limited to how young I look with a surprise short hair cut. Phew!

I can spot a gap in my right temple in my pic, however I was unaware of that until the pic was taken earlier today...so hopefully the gap is more evident in the pic than real life!

5b32ec97c447a_5months-frontview.thumb.jpg.55270b9b57bd6e82b61e23302a4e67c4.jpg

5b32ec97e0f1c_5months-frontlookingdown.thumb.jpg.85b7b98393eb7746c105f0cc9dd6c0b1.jpg

5b32ec9801581_5months-leftside.thumb.jpg.c4fbdf906294532a080285bf9ac5a28d.jpg

5b32ec98153d2_5monthsrightside.thumb.jpg.35dcf09d1ab1673d8842e11a7646ad5d.jpg

I can finally rejoin my social life! I had a family BBQ at our place this weekend and comments were limited to how young I look with a surprise short hair cut. Phew!

I can spot a gap in my right temple in my pic, however I was unaware of that until the pic was taken earlier today...so hopefully the gap is more evident in the pic than real life!

Congrats on pulling off the BBQ. Looks awesome, makes me excited for my potential op with Erdogan.

I can see what you mean by the gap, but its not that noticeable and I'm sure that will fill out overtime as its early days yet.

I'm actually seeing Erdogan in London next weekend, so I'm pretty excited. BTW, I'm curious, did Erdogan challenge you at all on the placing of the hairline during your consult? I see your 43 (I'm 47) and it looks like he lowered your hairline and filled in your temples? I know some surgeons won't lower the hairline on older guys. Back in 2014 when I first considered a HT I sent my pics to Dr Doğanay and his assistant came back and said they wouldn't lower my hairline because of my age so I ruled him out.

• 1 month later...

Ersko - great write up and great results. Really encouraging. I am booked with Erdogan for 4,500 grafts on July 1st. I am dreading one thing only, how to conceal the redness post surgery despite planning to stay in Istanbul for 2 weeks post surgery. My question to you brother - how long post surgery do I need to wait before I can wear my hat (actually I have 20+ hats which I have accumulated over the years to hide my head) Does wearing a hat damage the new grafts?

Keeping tabs on you and looking forward to your progress.