50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant

50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It depends on the individual and the type of hair loss pattern. Some guys retain their forelock and some do not.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

As far as hair density is concerned, would I get about the same density results from Dr. Rahal as I would from Hasson & Wong??

It depends. I would say that Dr Hasson can probably harvest more grafts in a single session than Dr Rahal via strip. They also have different techniques. H&W used custom cut blades whilst Rahal uses needles. I believe the needles can be as effective in achieving high density packing as the blades, but could be wrong on this. If they both got the same number of grafts, and we're covering the same area, I think it would be fairly comparable. I have seen high quality dense packed results from both. I do get the impression that Rahal's hairlines appear more densly packed than the H&W ones, but at the same time he is probably more aggressive on the number of grafts in the hairline and H&W more conservative. just my opinion of course.

I would hope that the number would be much lower than 50% of modern day hair transplant patients. If you did this poll in the nineties I would expect it to be true or even higher. I guess the % varies greatly from clinic to clinic.

Mav- you are as usual pretty much correct in your summing up between the two Doctors and I would expect nothing less from someone who has been weighing up between the two over the last year.

I would say though that because of Dr Hasson's reputation for larger sessions in one go he attracts a higher number of patients that need exactly that. Dense packing a Norwood 5 or 6 hairline is not appropriate.

Dr Rahal markets himself as the hairline king on his website and is going to be doing more hairline work as a result where dense packing is required.

So you see more Dr Rahal dense packed hairlines that you do from Dr Hasson and you see more large sessions of over 5000 grafts from Dr Hasson over Dr Rahal. I can assure you that Dr Hasson can dense pack as good as anyone just take a look at the hairline of Aftermath. Or this patient who had just short of 2000 grafts, these photos were taken 6 years on from the surgery to show the patient is holding up well.

65201_df0930_de9638.jpg

65211_84029a_0568ad.jpg

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Dutchie,

Thanks for your interest in Hasson & Wong. My colleague James is in Toronto on January 15th to 17th. If you want to drop me a email with your details I can help get that arranged for you to see him. david@hassonandwong.com

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Dutchie,

Thanks for your interest in Hasson & Wong. My colleague James is in Toronto on January 15th to 17th. If you want to drop me a email with your details I can help get that arranged for you to see him. david@hassonandwong.com

Absolutely POSITIVELY do I wanna meet up with James when he's in Toronto.

I've pretty much made up my mind already that I wanna do a megasession with you guys. We just have to agree on a price, and availability.

I'm assuming H&W has a pretty large waiting list, am I right??

Are we talking 4 to 5 months??

Check your message box, please Garageland

One thing that impressed me about Hasson and Wong is the quality of their presentation. They only show high definition photos and video. In fact when you actually meet a patient they always look a lot better in person. Its about giving the most honest and accurate before and after so that a person can make an accurate decision.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

One thing that impressed me about Hasson and Wong is the quality of their presentation. They only show high definition photos and video. In fact when you actually meet a patient they always look a lot better in person. Its about giving the most honest and accurate before and after so that a person can make an accurate decision

How long is their waiting list though, Lorenzo?? :o

I don't know but Monday the clinic is open.

If Dr. Jones waiting list 1 to 2 months.

And Rahals waiting list is 4 to 5 months

I have a feeling H&W list is 6 to 8 months at least

:eek: :o

Its a crapshoot bud. I was down to Konior and Shapiro. Both had really long waits. I got totally lucky and a cancellation came through and I needed to make a decision to fly two weeks later. Around that same time Wong had a cancel too.

Stay positive, anything can happen even if the initial answer isn't the best. The more flexible you can be the better ;)

Its a crapshoot bud. I was down to Konior and Shapiro. Both had really long waits. I got totally lucky and a cancellation came through and I needed to make a decision to fly two weeks later. Around that same time Wong had a cancel too.

Stay positive, anything can happen even if the initial answer isn't the best. The more flexible you can be the better ;)

Staying positive is my middle name right now, bro. Law of Attraction and stuff.

I even started doing their scalp laxity exercises.......LOL:

https://hassonandwong.com/scalp-laxity-exercises/

If Dr. Jones waiting list 1 to 2 months.

And Rahals waiting list is 4 to 5 months

I have a feeling H&W list is 6 to 8 months at least

:eek: :o

It's actually not as long as you think. A few months ago Rahal's waitlist was close to 6 months but Hasson's was less than that with various openings in between due to last minute cancellations. H&W has two surgeons each performing 2 procedures a day - so 4 surgeries a day at the clinic. Rahal works alone and does 2 a day, whilst Konior only performs 1 a day. Therefore I would expect Rahal and Konior to have longer waitlists than H&W. I would also imagine Rahal and Konior have greater demand due to FUE along with FUT, whilst H&W predominantly for FUT as they only recently started offering FUE, so I would bet lower demand for prospective FUE patients. I highly doubt you will have to wait 6-8 months mate.

Edited by mav23100gunther

I am sure they will try their best to find a date to accommodate you Dutchie. Since a lot of patients come from out of town there is always a possibility for dates to open up sooner. Another advantage is the BC tax on hair transplant is only 5% compared to 13% in Ontario.

Stay patient and I am sure Monday you will get a response. It will be good for you to get your hair back and help feed those poor skinny models you dates that are starving. ;)

I highly doubt you will have to wait 6-8 months mate

I hope so big guy.

My life has gone completely to hell (and back).

Sorry for sounding like a sorry puss, but I have no life right now!!! :o:o:o

Another advantage is the BC tax on hair transplant is only 5% compared to 13% in Ontario

I actually have a Dutch address in The Netherlands, which I've been told means I dont have to pay the HST tax on top of my HT charge :)

I hope so big guy.

My life has gone completely to hell (and back).

Sorry for sounding like a sorry puss, but I have no life right now!!! :o:o:o

Buddy, you are going to have to exercise a lot of patience. Even if H&W can get you in early, it's still going to take months and months for the new hair to grow and mature. Unfortunately it doesn't happen overnight. Great choice picking H&W, hopefully it's a knockout!

Thought you landed on Hasson? I wouldn't go with Seager, he was once the gold standard back in the plug days, no more. H&W a no go?

Still havent made up my mind yet.

H&W is a strong candidate, but I'm still deciding :o