50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant

50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I dont mean to brag or anything, but up until 4 years ago I used to be a real headturner (girl's words, not mine).

Girls would stare at me, whistle at me on street corners....etc...etc.

That ALL ended when all my curly locks fell out :eek:

I dont know what else to do. If the HT doesnt work out I'm pretty much f_cked :o

Very little reason to carry on with life if you're completely unattractive to girls.

I've learned a lot aboot myself though.

Maybe I wasnt such a nice person before this happened, and maybe I need to be a lot more nicer from now on

I just had a procedure with Dr Rahal this past week. Doesn't look as if you have done enough research. I would strongly recommend you cancel the procedure with Dr Jones and write-off the deposit, then do some more consultations with recommended surgeons. My favorites are Dr Rahal, Dr Hasson, and Dr Ron Shapiro. Dr Rahal is in Ottawa, so it's close to Toronto. Do yourself a favor and take a drive out to meet him.

Dutchie

Whatever decision you make be should be 100% sure. Since you have considerable hairloss ever grafts is important.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thank you guys, escre, lorenzo, and gunther. You guys got me thinking now.

Now I'm really gonna have to make some tough choices.

But please tell me, how on earth can Dr. Rahal or W&S' transplants look so much THICKER than Dr. Jones transplants or anyone else in North-America????

Linkie: Hair Transplant, Hair Replacement | Toronto Hair Transplant Center | Dr Robert Jones

It should be a tough choice, its a huge decision. Loosing you hair is natural, having a bad transplant isn't.

But please tell me, how on earth can Dr. Rahal or W&S' transplants look so much THICKER than Dr. Jones transplants or anyone else in North-America????

I don't want to commend on any other doctor because I don't want to sound biased. This forum is great place to find information and be educated. I am sure the members of this forum will help you with any doubt or decision you have. Take your time and be confident of your decision.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Linkie: Hair Transplant, Hair Replacement | Toronto Hair Transplant Center | Dr Robert Jones

It comes down to artistry, angles, dense packing, number of grafts that can be harvested and other factors. All the surgeons have different styles, and can produce different results. That's why it's important to go do in person consults and see what they can do for you.

It comes down to artistry, angles, dense packing, number of grafts that can be harvested and other factors. All the surgeons have different styles, and can produce different results

Exactly! Want to add percentage of growth, staff, experience, type of slits used, amongst other things.

Thanks you guys. You have no idea how much your help means to me!!!

If everything works out I'm buying all you guys a round of drinks next time you're in Toronto :)

Feel free to PM me with any questions, I went through exactly what you are going through, and it will get even harder once you have to choose between the 2 or 3 surgeons you narrowed it down to. I got to Rahal, Shapiro and Hasson - and man was it difficult choosing amongst them.

Unfortunately H&W dont do transplants in Toronto, only in Vancouver:

https://hassonandwong.com/

Yes you will have to travel. If Hasson, you have to go to Vancuaver, for Rahal, Ottawa. Don't let travel drive your decision. When I was at Rahal last week, there were a few patients who had driven from Toronto. Rahal also have a guesthouse attached to the clinic, and Hasson & Wong will put you up at the Sheraton in downtown and give you a travel rebate. As has been mentioned above, the top surgeons are not located in Toronto, so be prepared to travel.

Edited by mav23100gunther

Dutchie I think the most important thing you did was find this website. Regardless if you have to fly or drive whats important is that you make a wise choice. I fully agree with Mav.

Good luck!!

Yes you will have to travel. If Hasson, you have to go to Vancuaver, for Rahal, Ottawa. Don't let travel drive your decision. When I was at Rahal last week, there were a few patients who had driven from Toronto. Rahal also have a guesthouse attached to the clinic, and Hasson & Wong will put you up at the Sheraton in downtown and give you a travel rebate. As has been mentioned above, the top surgeons are not located in Toronto, so be prepared to travel

I agree with you. If you're not willing to travel you probably dont deserve to get a good hair transplant.

I'll probably make a vacation out of it if I decide to go with H&W. Maybe take in Whistler and Kelowna while I'm there.

B.C is gods country. Its stunningly beautiful

I agree with you. If you're not willing to travel you probably dont deserve to get a good hair transplant.

I'll probably make a vacation out of it if I decide to go with H&W. Maybe take in Whistler and Kelowna while I'm there.

B.C is gods country. Its stunningly beautiful

Don't forget Vancouver Island. Victoria, Tofino, Campbell River and Parksville. Oh yes and my home town of Nanaimo.

Don't forget Vancouver Island. Victoria, Tofino, Campbell River and Parksville. Oh yes and my home town of Nanaimo

I dont know if you know Chuck Fipke?? He's the billionaire founder of Diamet.

I used to date a relative of his, and I spent a few summers in Kelowna. Loved every minute of it

I have heard of him. Kelowna is beautiful along with the other cities near by, If you haven't been there Kelowna has grown a lot over the last few years.

I would say around 50% with have some form of swelling. This depends where the grafts are placed and how many grafts are placed. If the grafts are placed in the hairline at a good density then they usually get some form of swelling. The swelling is the liquid that is falling down and it doesn't hurt all at. This usually starts at day 3 and last around 2 days.

Its truly amazing what they can do now. 20 years ago hair transplants were a joke. People would actually come out of that surgery room looking worse (see left pic):

repair_image5.jpg

I thought hair transplants were still like that. I wish I had known sooner that HT science has evolved so much, I wouldve gotten a HT much earlier

Don't fool yourself this kind of garbage still happens. Although maybe not in the same doll hair effects. Many people come out of a transplant looking worse. Any person with a medical certificate can do transplants without any additional training.

This is why its important to choose a doctor that is good. Websites like this assist you in making the smart and right decision.