50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant

50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant.

^^^ is this statement true, or an exaggeration??

I'm a bit apprehensive getting a HT. Part of me really wants to, the other part is scared to death

• Like 1

I don't know that you can get a empirical answer to this. This community represents a fraction of all HT patients.

You would need to poll 100% of the people who have had a HT. That's impossible.

You just need to do your due diligence research - and this is a great place to start - and make a considered decision.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

It depends on the person. Where did you get that figure from? I have never ever regretted it - I got my confidence back ! (priceless)

If you go in to it with a decent Dr and realistic expectations you should be fine !

Yeah, thats what I figured too. I bet that 50 percent chose shitty doctors to try and save money. I'm going with one of the best HT doctor in Toronto, his name is Dr. Jones. I dont really care how much it costs, I just want the job done right.

Site: http://www.drrobertjones.com/

But that still does very little to ease my anxiety.

What if my grafts dont hold and fall out.

What if it just doesnt look good.

What if I die during the procedure.

LOL...okay, I'm kidding a bit. But I still have tremendous amount of anxiety aboot all this.

My surgery is scheduled for February btw

If you are in Toronto, Rahal might be a better option as he is recommended here, so you can rest assured he has been vetted.

Thanks Splitter, but I already put down a deposit of $1,000 with dr. Jones.

From what I've read I'm actually a really good candidate because I have natural wavy hair and a huge forelock (also called a tuft) at front of my scalp. Baldies never lose their tuft, its there forever and it will help conceal any bad frontal hairline.

See red arrow:

o7jzia.jpg

You're confusing HT success rates with marriage success rates ;)

You'd be better off polling patients at top doctors and asking them. You think that only 50% of H+W, Shapiro, Rahal, Konior, etc patients are happy? Unlikely. Be careful throwing around baseless stats if even for the fun or philosophical debate. If you factor all docs good and bad though, sadly this prob isnt far off.

Thanks Splitter, but I already put down a deposit of $1,000 with dr. Jones.

From what I've read I'm actually a really good candidate because I have natural wavy hair and a huge forelock (also called a tuft) at front of my scalp. Baldies never lose their tuft, its there forever and it will help conceal any bad frontal hairline.

See red arrow:

o7jzia.jpg

Get your deposit back. If you're anywhere in Canada you'd be crazy to go with anyone but Rahal or H+W.

You think he does bad stuff: http://www.drrobertjones.com/

Really not trying to give you buyer's remorse, rather to encourage you to explore the differences. If you changed your poll to "Jones or Rahal/H+W", 100% of the people of this forum would chose the latter.

It's not a knock to Dr. Jones, but you have 2 of the top 5-10 surgeons in the world in your backyard--it's a no brainer.

I have to admit H&W before/after pics look 10X better:

https://hassonandwong.com/hair-transplant-photos/

Great, now I'm even more confused

Trust me, I feel you. I had a deposit with a recommended doctor (not sure if Dr. Jones is, I'd have to look) that I ultimately pulled out of.

I proceeded to speak with 8 more doctors and visted 3 of them. I narrowed it down further after 5 phone consults. It's an exhaustive process but worth it. Let others chime in, but if you're a quick drive or flight from those two, man you're in great hands.

Trust me, I feel you. I had a deposit with a recommended doctor (not sure if Dr. Jones is, I'd have to look) that I ultimately pulled out of.

I proceeded to speak with 8 more doctors and visted 3 of them. I narrowed it down further after 5 phone consults. It's an exhaustive process but worth it. Let others chime in, but if you're a quick drive or flight from those two, man you're in great hands.

Esrec, do you have an anonymous hotmail or Yahoo email I can contact you at quickly, so I can ask you a few more questions.

I would appreciate it.

I still cant figure out how to PM people on this site. My computer skills are horrible :o

• Moderators

This wasn't a very good polling question because if someone believes about 40% of people regret their hair transplants that person would have to pick False as it's not 50%. That choice then makes it seem that the person feels that very few people regret their HTs. If the person were to pick Yes, then it would indicate they feel at least 50% of the people regret their HTs and that wouldn't be their opinion either.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

This wasn't a very good polling question because if someone believes about 40% of people regret their hair transplants that person would have to pick False as it's not 50%. That choice then makes it seem that the person feels that very few people regret their HTs. If the person were to pick Yes, then it would indicate they feel at least 50% of the people regret their HTs and that wouldn't be their opinion either.

I generally agree with you, except I just wanted to throw some loose feelers out there and see how people react.

I realize its not a scientific poll or anything, nor am I trying it to be.

Anyways you guys, my whole life is shambles. My anxiety is through the roof.

Pass the asparagus and Ativan please

Esrec, do you have an anonymous hotmail or Yahoo email I can contact you at quickly, so I can ask you a few more questions.

I would appreciate it.

I still cant figure out how to PM people on this site. My computer skills are horrible :o

I sent you a PM. Go to top of page you'll see an icon that says "messages".

Thanks esrec, now I'm even more confused and scared.

I'm being a bit facetious of course ;)

But really, I dont know what to do anymore. For all I know you guys could be shills for H&W and Rahal.

And I'm NOT FOR ONE MOMENT saying that you are, but how would I know that??!!! :confused:

Thanks esrec, now I'm even more confused and scared.

I'm being a bit facetious of course ;)

But really, I dont know what to do anymore. For all I know you guys could be shills for H&W and Rahal.

And I'm NOT FOR ONE MOMENT saying that you are, but how would I know that?? :confused:

I understand. I didnt have my procedure with either of them btw so nothing invested by me. Im 3 months post op with Shapiro.

But of course, I feel you. That's why I said let others chime in. It's good to be skeptical, and it sucks to be so close to a decision and then have to question all your facts. I did. Many of us have. Take your time with it...........

I have had 5 Hts - none done in the USA. Use this forum to research for yourself. I only wish I discovered it sooner than my first 2 Hts....

In your position I would try get my deposit back - you can get better ! Especially take a look at the Drs that have been recommended on here.