Dr Rahal - 2,245 graft procedure FUT

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update;

It's been just over 3 months now since the procedure. It has taken a while for the hair in the recepient area to grow back to what it was immediately pre-op. From mid-Feb it started to fill in more and more, and every week saw significant improvements. As of today, I am almost back to where I was pre-op, maybe 2 more weeks to get there. I also see some of that new hair (I think) starting to poke through, so good times ahead as I exit the ugly duckling phase and hopefully into the growth stages. I will be posting pictures at around the 4 month mark. Happy Holidays everyone that celebrates Easter!

Found this to be quite helpful, thanks. I'm now at 40 days post-op, and looking MUCH WORSE than pre-op. See pic I've attached. To be expected yes, but that doesn't make it any easier :-(

and only 40 days post-op still.... Ah! When should I expect "pre-op" look back? 2-3 months until forelock returns? Native hair in forelock was healthy and non-miniaturized.

rahal2.thumb.jpg.983899ff388801b08db7c8ed5ca96bde.jpg

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Found this to be quite helpful, thanks. I'm now at 40 days post-op, and looking MUCH WORSE than pre-op. See pic I've attached. To be expected yes, but that doesn't make it any easier :-(

and only 40 days post-op still.... Ah! When should I expect "pre-op" look back? 2-3 months until forelock returns? Native hair in forelock was healthy and non-miniaturized.

Yeah, unfortunately it will take time. I can't tell you exactly how long, but can only share my experience with you, and that was I only started to notice significant improvements and traction in getting back to where I was pre-op at the 60 day mark onwards, and at 3 months and 1 week post-op I am still not quite there yet, close though. Best not to panic, just close your eyes for the next few months and hope for the best.

Thanks buddy, how is your recovery coming along?

All is coming along well i guess concidering i'm in the ugly duckling phase. I'm still pretty red but it's slowly but surely easing up. i think another month and i'll be able to do things without having to wear a hat. I'll get a thread started soon with some photos etc.

Mav,

Glad to hear that you have made it past the 3 month stage and out of the ugly duckling period. Exciting months in store for you. I wish you good growth.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I am now exactly at the 3 month and approx 21 days post op point, and am now exactly back to where I was immediately pre-op. It definitely took a lot of time and patience, and I will admit that there were moments where I wondered if I had royally screwed up and just made things worse by getting the 2nd procedure, but now I can breathe a sigh of relief. I also see a hive of activity with the transplanted hairs breaking the surface, so only good times lie ahead. Will post pictures at the 4.5 month mark.

Also the redness has finally subsided. It really wasn't noticible until I started applying Rogaine again at the 2 week mark, but a few weeks ago I also started applying Aloe Vero gel which has made a huge difference in eliminating the redness.

Edited by mav23100gunther

Okay, I am now exactly at the 3 month and approx 21 days post op point, and am now exactly back to where I was immediately pre-op. It definitely took a lot of time and patience, and I will admit that there were moments where I wondered if I had royally screwed up and just made things worse by getting the 2nd procedure, but now I can breathe a sigh of relief. I also see a hive of activity with the transplanted hairs breaking the surface, so only good times lie ahead. Will post pictures at the 4.5 month mark.

Good stuff Mav. Glad to hear you are seeing activity. Im still very red at the 9 week mark but i had a lot of grafts in a small area so it was to be expected. Looking forward to see the change at the 4.5 month mark! Let the good times roll!

Hi there, I had my surgery done just 11 days ago and redness has already gone and all scabs. The doctor did say that having prp will make you recovery quickly and I think it's worked, and at the moment I have had no hairs falling out. Is this luck or will they still fall out?

Good stuff Mav. Glad to hear you are seeing activity. Im still very red at the 9 week mark but i had a lot of grafts in a small area so it was to be expected. Looking forward to see the change at the 4.5 month mark! Let the good times roll!

Applying Aloe Vero gel helps big time with the redness. It's not in Dr Rahal's post-op instructions, so I only started applying it a few weeks ago and it helped big time.

Hi there, I had my surgery done just 11 days ago and redness has already gone and all scabs. The doctor did say that having prp will make you recovery quickly and I think it's worked, and at the moment I have had no hairs falling out. Is this luck or will they still fall out?

They will fall out

Applying Aloe Vero gel helps big time with the redness. It's not in Dr Rahal's post-op instructions, so I only started applying it a few weeks ago and it helped big time.

Ya i started using Aloe at the one month mark, Kamila from the office actually recommended that i do that. It has helped a little. My skin is fair so i know that lengthens the recovery time also.

Ya i started using Aloe at the one month mark, Kamila from the office actually recommended that i do that. It has helped a little. My skin is fair so i know that lengthens the recovery time also.

Oh geeze, I should have checked with her, I held off until the 3 month mark because it wasn't in the instructions. I definitely would have applied it sooner if I knew. Actually just found out that Kamila has moved on, it's a real shame as she was very good.

Oh geeze, I should have checked with her, I held off until the 3 month mark because it wasn't in the instructions. I definitely would have applied it sooner if I knew. Actually just found out that Kamila has moved on, it's a real shame as she was very good.

Ya it's not in the instructions and i didn't use it myself until she suggested it, after i mentioned being red at the one month mark. Ya she was very good. Janice is her replacement for now and seems fine although i haven't had many dealings with her so far.

Also the redness has finally subsided. It really wasn't noticible until I started applying Rogaine again at the 2 week mark, but a few weeks ago I also started applying Aloe Vero gel which has made a huge difference in eliminating the redness.

Oh how time flies doesn't it? Sounds like all on track. Patience remains the most coveted virtue of all for good reason ;) Pulling for ya bud.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey buddy, wondering if you've reached the 4 month mark yet? Also wondering what your thoughts are at this point...

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Hey buddy, wondering if you've reached the 4 month mark yet? Also wondering what your thoughts are at this point...

Yes sir, at the 4.5 month mark. I got back to the pre-op look at month the 3 month and 3 quarter mark. Definitely seeing some activity and new hairs sprouting, but I think it's still to early to see an aesthetic change just yet. I will post some pics this week.

Hi Mav,

I agree it looks promising, thanks for the update. I have attached your photos up the correct way up for you so it is easier to look at.

1.thumb.jpeg.e27d99e89352768e8f7570d9c366e378.jpeg

2.thumb.jpeg.3682079b9d7665469a5a8252c4dc951a.jpeg

3.thumb.jpeg.185ced7ddab198d53cb68dc43d3c342a.jpeg

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Hi Mav,

I agree it looks promising, thanks for the update. I have attached your photos up the correct way up for you so it is easier to look at.

Thanks David, appreciate it. I was trying to attach via my iphone and I am technology challenged it seems. Definitely still very early, and I am just so relieved I got back to where I was pre-op, so looking forward to seeing what the next couple of months brings.