Dr. Cooley, 2241 grafts, one year.

This patient is in his early 40’s and has frontal recession in a shallow NW3 pattern. We started him on finasteride before surgery and performed FUSS consisting of 2,241 grafts

The distribution of the grafts are as follows:

Single hair grafts - 580 or about 25% of the total graft count.

Double hair grafts - 1055 or 47%

Triple hair grafts - 521, 23%

Quad hair grafts - 85, 5%

The patient presented as an appropriate candidate for temple angle closure. Dr. Cooley worked in and around the existing hair and was careful to match the angle and direction of the native hair for the result you see below. The result is one year post.

carolina-hair-transplant-before-left-temple.jpg

carolina-hair-transplant-before-right-temple.jpg

carolina-hair-transplant-result-left-temple.jpg

carolina-hair-transplant-result-right-temple.jpg

carolina-hair-transplant-result-front.jpg

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com

Hi thatoldchestnut,

Thank you for your comments. The patient was started on finasteride shortly before his procedure with Dr. Cooley. I don't have the exact time frame for his medical usage but it was short, no more than a few weeks.

Hello Johnboy71. Yes, he does appear to be quite happy. His appearance has been improved to the point that he looks like he is barely over 30 but his age is between 40 and 45.

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Thank you for the great comments!

911fan,

The photos are taken in an area of the clinic that is set up for photos. We have constant lighting, use no flash, and we are sure to have lighting that surrounds the patient so that there are no shadows or opportunities for tricks. We had outside help in setting this up so that we could eliminate inconsistencies as much as possible. We are also getting ready to produce patient results on video so we can show more of our work.

• 1 month later...

Thank you, RadioRunner.

• 1 year later...

sry to resurrect an old thread

nice result! if the patient wanted to further thicken the temple corners, would it be possible? it's all implanted hair so would it be susceptible to permanent shock loss?