2501 FUE with Dr Lorenzo - very fine hair.

needmoarhair

Hi,

A bit of background, I've been losing my hair since my late 20's, I'm now 41, It has been bothering me for quite some time so I decided to do something about it. A couple of years ago I found this forum and browsed, as a guest, the results. I was amazed at what could be achieved so I decided this year to go and have some consultations with Doctors that this site recommends, the result being that I decided to use Dr Lorenzo in Madrid. The many great results and time taken with me over email and in person convinced me that this was the right Doctor.

So I booked the operation about 6 months ago and had the HT on the 9th of December. Th day of the operation was surreal, I'd been thinking about it for so long and it was finally happening, it was a real roller coaster of emotions.

So I arrived at the clinic at 7:30 and didn't leave till 21:00 - it was a long day! All the staff were really caring and I felt well looked after. The tech's do the extractions and Dr Lorenzo does the implantations, usually with a rock sound track! :D

I have very fine blond hair so density is going to be an issue but I know that Dr Lorenzo stands by his work. Below is my graft breakdown:

Grafts:2501

Hairs.6037

Hairs/graft: 2.41

FU1: 246

FU2:1057

FU3:1117

FU4:79

FU5:2

Hair caliber: 38-42microns

Punch: 0.7, 0.8 mm

Below are some pre op and post op photos. I'm currently at 5 days post op, I've had some pain in the donor area but been managing it with painkillers. The donor area is healing up nicely.

Travelling from the UK to Madrid was pretty easy, I had to remove my cap on the way back a couple of times but no big deal, the customs officer in the UK apologised for asking me to remove it and then went on to ask me about the op & seemed pretty interested. I'm off work till January so now I can concentrate on recovery. Going back to work and getting asked questions will be the next big hurdle, I'm thinking I may just be honest as I think it will be hard to conceal the op with my fair skin.

I'll be updating this thread regularly, hopefully weekly to begin with until I'm past 1 month, then monthly till I get to 12 months.

Any questions fire away!

1CB09_12.15S3_zpstgagyu1p.jpg.29c5f4925282eb95489f6e6762558ea7.jpg

1CB09_12.15C1_zpssmus3eox.jpg.39a5254171af3211cf668e54a834ca87.jpg

1CB09_12.15L2_zps0grbqrdo.jpg.09e69d04666ae4f8146132db31f50aa9.jpg

4CB09_12.15F2_zpsm7akuqu5.jpg.4dfffd9f97a53eb6a861d57b860628fd.jpg

4CB09_12.15S1_zpsq2lkkdbo.jpg.e26e4c00e8a2460d9613ed486422ada8.jpg

5CB09_12.15L4_zpssuqyjumm.jpg.7713d37201a814721fa944207c486fa5.jpg

5CB09_12.15P3_zpswsoeovga.jpg.379ac0d5ca273690a73af8b6dd08b23a.jpg

5CB09_12.15P2_zpso4umyztp.jpg.147744a1c96d8b8c8a4e5c462f3badf0.jpg

7CB11_12.15L1_zpsxoodbdxb.jpg.812bf519ef99d3d0e7be18864f9403f5.jpg

7CB11_12.15P1_zpsmewegavt.jpg.93aa74e7a989c87802f687d7711b1212.jpg

7CB11_12.15P2_zpsv0hbarxt.jpg.f624bc6063f04f39007c1fcf78001a56.jpg

7CB11_12.15P3_zpsm6bpish4(1).jpg.28def00e7da90df3f4b7810e667734c6.jpg

38-42 microns hair thickeness?

For sure?

And i thaugt my 50microns are ultrafine haha

Great doc and hopefully great outcome!

Yes, i have very fine hair.

Good news was that the hairs per graft were much better than expected and the number of 2 and 3 hair grafts were much more than expected. I have faith in Dr Lorenzo.

Congrats on your procedure. The work looks nice and clean and you've given yourself every chance of a great result by choosing one of the best. Look forward to your updates.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

All looks good, you still have some native hair, and the area worked on was not so large for 2500 grafts, an excellent 2.4 hair to grafts, same as me, leads to me to think you'll get an excellent result.

My hair came in at 40/46 microns, and yours doesn't look that much finer really.

I got increased pain on Day5, but nothing iboprofen couldn't help with, and the aloe vera gel is better than the saline for helping with the itch in the donor area.

By day 10 i was practically back to normal. I have a slight numbness on the top still but that's improving everyday.

I'm following the post op instructions to the letter, apart from washing my hair twice a day for two months, bit to excessive that and inconvienient for me, but i am washing it once everyday.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

All looks good, you still have some native hair, and the area worked on was not so large for 2500 grafts, an excellent 2.4 hair to grafts, same as me, leads to me to think you'll get an excellent result.

My hair came in at 40/46 microns, and yours doesn't look that much finer really.

I got increased pain on Day5, but nothing iboprofen couldn't help with, and the aloe vera gel is better than the saline for helping with the itch in the donor area.

By day 10 i was practically back to normal. I have a slight numbness on the top still but that's improving everyday.

I'm following the post op instructions to the letter, apart from washing my hair twice a day for two months, bit to excessive that and inconvienient for me, but i am washing it once everyday.

Thanks fo rthe comments, I'm really hoping for a great result that means I don't need a further surgery but if I do then I'll pop back to Madrid this time next year.

Today I've been suffering with some headaches and itching in the donor area, the headaches have been quite bad but have eased up a bit today, I've been using paracetamol to help. I think the headaches have been because my neck has been really sore, Dr Lorenzo said that might happen.

The donor area is healing up really nicely, my wife commented that you can hardly see any red dots now, which is great news. My grafted area is pretty numb but to be expected at this point.

I thought I may have buyers remorse or regrets but I feel really good about the whole thing so far.

I'm on day 17 tomorrow, still feel great, although may be different when the grafts fall out and i look balder.

My head was clear of scabs by day 10/11, still have numbness at top of head, but Dr Lorenzo mentioned this could continue until around day 20.

The healing from FUE really is much quicker than strip.

Aloe vera gel really helps with the itch in the donor area.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Day 9 post op - Lots of scabs and crust have lifted from the grafted area, hopefully they will clear in the next couple of days. I'm being quite gentle when shampooing as directed, also I soaked my head under the shower, on a low pressure, for 10 minutes this morning, this seemed to help lift the crust. I'll be doing that again until all the scabs and crust are gone.

Headaches have subsided but still have some itching in the donor area and it is quite tender. Hopefully that will heal up in the next few days.

I seem to have faired pretty well with redness, I have very fair skin and was expecting the worst.

You think this was because you had fue and not fut. , headaches

I think the headaches are just because my neck was sore after the surgery. I suffer with tension headaches anyway and what with the lack of sleep after the surgery I suspect it caused more headaches.

So, onto today's update - Day 10 post op: Soaked my head for 10 minutes under the low pressure shower, shampooed and left it in for 3 minutes as per the clinic instructions then rinsed and massaged my recipient area. I'd say 80-90% of the scabs came off which I'm really happy about. I've got some redness as expected, but not as bad as I thought and I'm only 10 days post op. I've got another 15 days before I go back to work and I'm hoping it will calm down before then, if not I don't really care what people say. If they ask I may just tell them the truth.

I answered the door to the postman this morning without my cap on and he didn't even bat an eyelid or look at my hair :D

If the grafts grow in and give me the hairline I have now I'll be over the moon.

Good luck with this, man. My hair is slightly darker, but very similar kind of balding pattern and skin tone to you - and also got Lorenzo on my very short list. So I'll certainly be watching your updates.

Do you have any pictures to update? I think the most I can take off work is three weeks, so I'd be very keen to see your three-week mark!

Good luck with this, man. My hair is slightly darker, but very similar kind of balding pattern and skin tone to you - and also got Lorenzo on my very short list. So I'll certainly be watching your updates.

Do you have any pictures to update? I think the most I can take off work is three weeks, so I'd be very keen to see your three-week mark!

I'll upload some pics later today.

Have you had a consult with Dr Lorenzo yet?

Thanks.

Yes, I have consulted with him. But I'm not really sure I made most of it.

In your op, who did the extracting and implanting?

I did put all that info in the first post :) - The techs do the extractions and Dr Lorenzo does all implantations.

The donor area is nearly clear of scabs and there doesn't appear to be much in the way of scarring. I usually have the back and sides at grade 3 so it should all be covered.

So you did! Thanks, man. Any idea of the techs names, or how long they had been practising?

This was one of my concerns when I met Dr Lorenzo. He said he sometimes does some extractions, or they are done by Dr Vila or techs. He led me to believe this had been going on for some time in his Madrid practice. But it was the element of uncertainty about who would carry out the extractions which put me off slightly. And I think Dr Vila has recently had a baby, so not sure she's actually there currently.