faking the number of grafts?

partnerfue

Personally, I would call the doctor and simply ask the question. You can do this without being accusatory and in a way that would just comes across as inquisitive. This way you can get their side of the story and have more information to determine how to proceed.

I also just want to echo how great it is that you're such a supportive spouse. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the support you all have offered. Unfortunately the physician has not yet responded to my questions. I imagine this is why the office might require cash only payments.

Might be time to name the surgeon?

I appreciate the support you all have offered. Unfortunately the physician has not yet responded to my questions. I imagine this is why the office might require cash only payments.

If you don't wish to go public with the name of the surgeon, please contact me privately at service@hairtransplantnetwork.com. I would be happy to contact the clinic on your behalf and get an answer to your question.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

If true, this would be highly unethical, and is a very serious breach of patient trust. Each graft does indeed equal one incision. Some people here clearly are misinformed. There is NO way you can be quoted as having had 3000 grafts, if there are only 1500 punch incisions. You can have more than 3000 punch incisions, which would imply a high transection rate and the doctor had to make more incisions to reach the 3000 healthy grafts agreed to. But it cannot be less than 3000. Something is VERY fishy with this clinic.

My opinion is that the practice of "doubling up" or splitting a graft into 2 or more grafts, and then counting that as extra grafts is deceptive. It is completely unethical. Cash only? What kind of operation is this?

Because the discrepancy is so drastic between the incisions and the quoted grafts, I agree with your suspicion that something more nefarious has happened. Good on you for having a good eye. This clinic needs to be exposed if the allegations are true.

Edited by blahblah1982

I think it's time to name the clinic, or at least give David the identity so he can investigate. Offhand, I don't know of any clinics that are recommended here, are known for very dense hairlines, AND only accept cash payments. I was concerned when you mentioned the reputation for high density hairlines that this could be a Rahal procedure, but a) I would be EXTREMELY shocked if a surgeon of Rahal's magnitude would ever stoop to something so unethical, and b) their clinic accepts wire transfer, credit cards, check and cash.

Your thoroughness is really an asset to the forum, and I think we need to get to the bottom of what's going on.

Interesting. Did not know that.

I've been a fan of his work, but I'd just be so leery of going to Turkey for a procedure. In the U.S./CA/EU there is some measure of consumer protection or legal remedy available, but Turkey just seems more like the wild west.

The OP is a fantastic protective wife who's the skeptical one on behave of her maybe not skeptical enough hubby.

Either way, would like to know which doc could actually ask for cash from a patient for a procedure with a straight face.

The OP is a fantastic protective wife who's the skeptical one on behave of her maybe not skeptical enough hubby.

Either way, would like to know which doc could actually ask for cash from a patient for a procedure with a straight face.

I think it's great that she's coming to the forums asking for help and asking all the right questions. It's just too bad she doesn't name the Dr. so don't make the same mistake.

Erdogan's clinic is definitely cash only. I had a horrible experience trying to get cash while i was over there because my bank gave me bad information about being able to withdraw from their partner bank in Turkey. My trip would have been so much better if the clinic accepted credit cards. I would have gladly paid a fee.

Erdogan's clinic is definitely cash only. I had a horrible experience trying to get cash while i was over there because my bank gave me bad information about being able to withdraw from their partner bank in Turkey. My trip would have been so much better if the clinic accepted credit cards. I would have gladly paid a fee.

How did you get the cash in the end? I would imagine travelers checks or a Tavelex preloaded cash card would do the trick

They wouldn't accept anything other than cash and the clinic was fairly strict about this. I ended up having some of the money wired (maxes out at 3000 USD) and then withdrew my daily ATM limit each day. Lots of headaches and fees and banks giving contradictory information. I literally didn't get to rest or explore after the procedures because I was going from bank to bank trying to see if I had any other options. VERY frustrating experience.

They wouldn't accept anything other than cash and the clinic was fairly strict about this. I ended up having some of the money wired (maxes out at 3000 USD) and then withdrew my daily ATM limit each day. Lots of headaches and fees and banks giving contradictory information. I literally didn't get to rest or explore after the procedures because I was going from bank to bank trying to see if I had any other options. VERY frustrating experience.

Im sorry, but that's a joke. Any place that only takes cash is a red flag..

Im sorry, but that's a joke. Any place that only takes cash is a red flag..

Its just such poor etiquette. Imagine this happening if you had heart surgery or anything non-cosmetic?

"Hey doc, here's a bag of 100K in unmarked bills. Can I have my new heart now?".

I felt the exact same way. They had an explanation about Turkish credit card fees being extremely high, though it appears none of the other Turkish clinics have this issue.

It did raise red flags but he appeared to have very impressive results so it was a red flag I was willing to overlook.

I had no problems carrying cash from the UK to Turkey. I brought my Euro's in the UK using one of the best online traders who give the exchange rate very close to the market rate. I flew with 8000 euro in a mini wallet. Not once I was questioned either in the UK airport or in the Turkish airport. I think it is 20% on using credit/debit cards in Dr Erodgrans clinic. Then take in account the exchange rate plus your bank charges. Paying in cash solves this headache.

Where did this woman go? Was it Erdogan's clinic? Why come here and make such accusations, only to just disappear? I want to know what is going on....

Good question. Twice I extended an offer to contact me privately but never heard a word.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website