2697 grafts FUE, Dr. Diep

spyk777

Hi all,

I decided to do the FUE route 5 and 1/2 months ago after researching a couple of FUE recommended doctors from this website. I had narrowed down to Dr. Diep because I liked his hairline work and his results were fairly consistent with several YouTube examples to boot. I did not look outside US for personal reasons and I did not go FUT because I did not want the linear scar and option to keep my hair short.

I am 38 y/o and started noticing hair loss in my 20s.

Currently on Rogaine 5%, Propecia daily, Nizoral weekly. Started 5 Months before HT.

I know I need more than this session and am planning for the next session in a year time.

Summary of Follicular Units/ Hair count

1's = 769 769

2's = 1102 2204

3's = 505 1515

4's = 321 1284

Total = 2697 5772

Avg. = 2.14/ graft

I don't know if all my growth is complete at this point, but I started noticing it around 4 Mo after the expected shed. I feel I am following the timeline posted here roughly.

Anyway this is where I am today.

I must thank David, Xtian for their guidance and support. Also Spex on his informative videos-as a newcomer it was a great reliable resource for me.

image.jpg.451c02c6bc872df772fdec255fa7c475.jpg

Wow Spyk - your results are outstanding for 5.5 months.

It's results like yours, in such a short time period, that make us "slow growers" shake in our boots and run to the mirror. (ha-ha)

Congratulations!

Without flash of the camera

I am happy that I took the decision to go the HT route.

Although did keep procrastinating on it till I could manage the finances and weighing the need vs. luxury, risk vs benefit.

image.jpg.9278b48167de3a1645b1f2f305d8f4bd.jpg

• Administrators

Looking great man, I'm 4 months post op from Dr. Diep, I have seen awesome growth this past month, you should really grow the top out man.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you humble1, home1212 and HTsoon for your kind words. It is encouraging to know that I am on the right track. Will try to grow it out after month 6 and see how it looks.

Best wishes to all those who waiting to sprout and those that are on the fence, taking that first step....

• 5 months later...

I am close to 11 months now. From 6-11 months I just felt the hair quality improved. I have a hairline now. Density is low'ish and is apparent on strong sun light.

My wife and friends (who don't know why - attribute it to my weight loss, as I have hit the gym) say I look much younger. Overall I feel more comfortable now and am happy with the first transplant. I have never grown my hair long, as I always liked short hair.

I am heading to the second transplant with Dr. Diep shortly to address some of the front and more of mid scalp.

5b32eca69ab00_061(2).JPG.27355989431907049966a266808f933c.JPG

5b32eca6a9919_062(3).JPG.837f7dccb31f0b8b0b5b125f2b79db3b.JPG

sIx7X4G.jpg.bd0b5855ece1b3aea4fad68f58f718d4.jpg

5b32eca6d9364_IMG_9524(2).JPG.8fc6771a8ba139f07367082d59de20ff.JPG

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks great Spyk, the density looks good in my opinion especially considering you wear your hair very short, have you ever tried growing the top a bit longer? there is a sweet spot in terms of hair length that will make it easier to layer the hair on your scalp and block the light from hitting the scalp and make your result look fuller.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

HTsoon. Thank you. I have not tried it your length yet. I hope to try after the second one.

My perception of the density varies. Most days are like "wow this is so cool". Few days are like "oh ma ma"! Maybe I am too critical. But when I look back at the old day pictures I am reminded of the past and thankful for the opportunity that exists and grateful in silent prayer that I have the means now to accomplish it.

Castletron thanks for your feedback. I don't have another pic of my hair in its previous full g(l)ory!! I took this pic before the HT. I always felt depressed before that to take a picture of my see through scalp.

Thank you Jon.

Edited by spyk777

Definitely a great result! I'm impressed by how full it looks with such a short cut. A second pass with around 1500 grafts wills probably make it look like you never had hair loss to begin with.

Look's great! It's funny how getting a little more hair suddenly gives motivation to work out. I'm a month post op and have started running and lifting like never before. It's like we finally have a real goal in sight with a new self image.

• 2 weeks later...

Proceeded with HT 2 this week with Dr. Diep.

Added 2400 odd grafts with A cell. He was pleased with the HT1 as it got me the hairline.

Now session 2 was to address density in front and vertex.

Everything went fine as planned. He noted that finasteride and Minoxidil was helping my crown. He had given around 200 grafts free.

Post procedure bedside manners were even better. He gave me a ride back to the hotel and got me dinner on the way. We spoke of general medical stuff as we were both MDs.

Overall a pleasant experience. He shared his personal contact no if any post op concerns should arise. This is not an exception but a norm.

We parted discussing meeting for a HT 3 for the crown.

Now the wait begins.....

image.thumb.jpeg.dad5283d6fd21404934ff1886e3accbd.jpeg

Edited by spyk777

Spyk777, I got fue of 2500 from Dr. Diep a couple of days ago. Based on your first transplant and from your current one that you are recovering from, how long does it take for the swelling to go down and the donor area to look less noticeable?