2697 grafts FUE, Dr. Diep

spyk777

That's is what the doctor estimated roughly. He told me 1200-1500 grafts odd. Donor capacity was estimated by Dr Diep and Umar as 7500-8000. Thank you for your feedback. I shall adopt your strategy and keep a close eye on your progress.

I am close to 11 months now. From 6-11 months I just felt the hair quality improved. I have a hairline now. Density is low'ish and is apparent on strong sun light.

Looking good so far. Out of curiosity will Dr. Diep perform your second transplant surgery for free considering low density?

• Administrators
Looking good so far. Out of curiosity will Dr. Diep perform your second transplant surgery for free considering low density?

Why would the dr perform the surgery for free? Density was not as desired due to the severity of loss. It must be understood that the higher level of hair loss the more surgeries will be required to achieve the desired density. Unless you have very minor frontal hair loss you should not expect to have one surgery fix it all, if you look at spykes before photo he had a good amount of hair loss that would require multiple sessions.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yes I have severe hair loss. Front and back. Class 4 edging Class 5. He had guesstimated 6000-6500 for me.

Milo12 is quoting from my first transplant. The density is better with second transplant and I am happy with the front now.

There was no thoughts of free surgery because of lowish density with the first HT. He was straight forward and confident in his approach. My goals were clear, expectations were met. The plan was at least 3 surgeries to acquire required density and hairline when we started out. So far it is going forward really well. The split strategy is good in one way as he is discounting the cost with each HT and he covers airfare.

Keeping fingers crossed and let the hairgods shine.

Edited by spyk777

Where is he based and cost? I need a second one next year to complete it and would consider him if need enough to me. I'm in Ireland.

Based in California. MHTA clinic.

Cost for FUE is ~ $7/ graft

Edited by spyk777

Why would the dr perform the surgery for free? .

Why, I am merely asking because there are doctors who, as part of their practice, discount or give free repair to those patients who have had a less than positive result from their first surgery. The dreaded shock loss! Is there any solution in sight for us?

• Administrators
Why, I am merely asking because there are doctors who, as part of their practice, discount or give free repair to those patients who have had a less than positive result from their first surgery. The dreaded shock loss! Is there any solution in sight for us?

Spyke's case was not a repair though, as he previously stated he required 6,000-6,500 grafts and he received 2,700 i'm sure Dr. Diep informed him he would need to go in for another procedure he did for me. The results are pretty outstanding considering the amount of grafts he received. In cases where the growth is bad then yes a doctor would do a procedure for free, in this case the growth was good he just simply needed more grafts due to his level of baldness hope that makes sense.

Shock loss can be prevented by ensuring hair loss is stable, ensuring the recipient area is shaved prior to surgery as well, the issue is when a surgeon is creating sites in between existing miniaturized follicles this is could lead to shock loss, this can be minimized by making sure the hair is shaved and the surgeon can easily create the sites in between native hair with enough space to not cause trauma to the existing hair.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

The results are pretty outstanding considering the amount of grafts he received.

Am pretty sure that both HTsoon and spyk777 have very think hair. No other FUE result from other doctors in the continent including H&W and Rahal looks close to you both. Very jealous!!!

Spyke's case was not a repair though, as he previously stated he required 6,000-6,500 grafts and he received 2,700 i'm sure Dr. Diep informed him he would need to go in for another procedure he did for me.

I am perplexed. Why did the doctor say that you had to see him for a second transplant?

Shock loss can be prevented by ensuring hair loss is stable, ensuring the recipient area is shaved prior to surgery as well, the issue is when a surgeon is creating sites in between existing miniaturized follicles this is could lead to shock loss, this can be minimized by making sure the hair is shaved and the surgeon can easily create the sites in between native hair with enough space to not cause trauma to the existing hair.

Well, I am thinning on top as most thinning men are. Are you saying that density would be impossible for a doctor to create on my thinning scalp where existing hair follicles are located? So are my dreams for hair density dashed once and for all?

• Administrators
I am perplexed. Why did the doctor say that you had to see him for a second transplant?

Well, I am thinning on top as most thinning men are. Are you saying that density would be impossible for a doctor to create on my thinning scalp where existing hair follicles are located? So are my dreams for hair density dashed once and for all?

I don't want to derail Spyke's thread which we have already, Dr. Diep did not say I needed to go to him for a second transplant, he merely told me that due to my extensive hair loss (Norwood 6) I would need multiple procedures to address the sections of the scalp, which are as follows hairline, midscalp and crown. You can not address all sections with perfect density in one procedure.

Density is not impossible, but if you have extensive hair loss Norwood 5 and above and you want perfect density with one procedure, then I think your expectations are unrealistic. Any further questions feel free to send me a private message and I will answer them as best I can.

View my thread

Density is not impossible, but if you have extensive hair loss Norwood 5 and above and you want perfect density with one procedure, then I think your expectations are unrealistic. Any further questions feel free to send me a private message and I will answer them as best I can.

Thank you. I will pm you.

Am pretty sure that both HTsoon and spyk777 have very think hair. No other FUE result from other doctors in the continent including H&W and Rahal looks close to you both. Very jealous!!!

n00b. It is great to hear your vote of confidence and appreciation. I think I am in tandem with most of Dr. Diep's online cases. They were all exceptional in my eyes - artistic, aggressive hairline and economical use of grafts.

I don't have my younger days density obviously, but the illusion of coverage is really amazing. The placement of grafts, angling etc all plays a part in creating this really convincing appearance of a thick head of hair.

I will end the 5 month update with a photo I took today while out. The hairline just makes me feel content, and am finally able to revel in the lap of comfort, to all those years I just hated looking in the mirror.

Peace and best wishes.

IMG_3478.thumb.jpg.2f88763d5e408389536abd4297b34d95.jpg

Man that looks good spyk. And much more growing and thickening to go.

I am a Diep patient as well and I am at about one month and 13 days. in the thick of the ugly duckling. Great seeing posts like this. I have something to look forward to hopefully.

Keep the updates coming.

I don't have my younger days density obviously, but the illusion of coverage is really amazing. The placement of grafts, angling etc all plays a part in creating this really convincing appearance of a thick head of hair.

I will end the 5 month update with a photo I took today while out. The hairline just makes me feel content, and am finally able to revel in the lap of comfort, to all those years I just hated looking in the mirror.

Very good result. And I sympathize with you.about the mirror thing. It bothers me when I have to see myself in it too.

This is you at 5 months? Fair density so far. I could only imagine what you will look like 7 months from now (1 year post surgery). In 1 year you will have good density. Congratulations.

• 1 month later...

Hi all; posting some pics taken over past 1-2 weeks over different lighting, to continue the thread. Photo 2 and 3 is with a hair edge holding gel. Hair characteristics is still evolving. Had a phone consult with Dr. Diep last month. Concluded with guestimate of 1500 for my crown for sometime mid next year.

image2.jpeg.b84eb155fe1e5be6ad9569d00687ad7c.jpeg

image3.jpeg.6574f88f0f5fd18b369efbe61828aa6c.jpeg

image4.jpeg.6d356140ca655e93166010963e399e0c.jpeg

image6.jpeg.a7005ae3b422783fa1431d794af0fbe0.jpeg

image10.jpeg.56dacec67d6e26f5d774593bb858d1d4.jpeg

image11.jpeg.30374b2c20111cdebb14b40a79454fb3.jpeg

Edited by spyk777

• Administrators

Looks fantastic, hair is still maturing, I agree 1,500 grafts and your set, looks dense even with gel in you me hair. You have gained at least 10-20 years of your youth back:D

View my thread

Great result, looks very dense.

Lot of freedom with hairstyles too, enjoy.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 4 weeks later...

Keeping the update going. At this time I have reached a point where anything from now on is bonus. I am 100% satisfied with the results. Visiting several family members and friends during the holidays; I could see the astonishment in their eyes and few remarked how good my hair looks-which has never happened in 20 years or so. One asked me what I did - for which I told I just grew the hair a bit longer. I also met a friend who is a high Norwood and shaved his head after throwing up his arms- I could see a distinctly thick FUT scar on his posterior.

With all humility I can only again be thankful to have stumbled upon this forum and guided to the right surgeon. My best wishes to all for the New Year.

I have collaged pictures through different lightings. Bathroom light, direct fluorescent light, elevator light, mall light and non fluorescent ambient light.

5 more months to go.

Peace out.

IMG_3758.JPG.cf99420b0e0df345320c0da2b291c7a3.JPG

IMG_3761.JPG.42a6a31ac648d0238d8d3927e0b9adf6.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG.85fb37b0c92969170bbfc1359449084d.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG.f99b9ae27b0cde5809626078d9e5a376.JPG

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.4f5b2bdf06cdd8a29a324bd29a2c5f28.jpg

IMG_0013.JPG.de58df9be43b3ea19df6ecedbea0f9ce.JPG

Edited by spyk777

• Administrators

Fantastic, I like that you showed different lighting too very honest, it looks good in every lighting to be honest. You must be thrilled, im sure this has brought your eyes and nose and all the features that god has given you:D

View my thread