*PHOTOS* Feller and Bloxham-Great Neck, NY

Usually I have Tara post a megasession case because they generate the most interest. However for this months presentation I am going to post a patient in whom we did two relatively small procedures. The reason for this is that this patient represents many people who are not extensively bald but are still proper candidates for an HT IF it is planned and performed properly.

We actually did two procedures on him. The first was in March 2013 to re-establish the hairline and thicken the front with 1,300 grafts. This worked and he was happy. But as SO OFTEN happens, he wanted to lower his hairline. Since the area he wanted to lower it into was appropriate we did a second procedure December 2014 of only 1,100 or so grafts.

Of interest is that he was extremely concerned by the 7th month that the second surgery wasn't growing in well. He posted photos on this site that confirmed that. To me, it looked like not only did the second round of grafts not grow well, but that the first round of grafts and native hair were miniaturizing. Not good. But, as it turned out, he had been on minoxidil for years and had to stop it temporarily after his second procedure. Because a few months later his hair was thick everywhere again. Both transplanted areas and the native areas. This can be seen in the after photos.

I suspect that he had minoxdil withdrawal, which was a rapid falling out in response the stopping the medication. But once restarted his hair returned. I believe it might have returned anyway once it got used to the minoxidil not being there.

Here are his photos.

Enjoy.

Dr. Alan Feller

Feller and Bloxham, PC

Great Neck, NY

6.jpg.f7e03ea8064b0cfef309eab02d665ede.jpg

7.jpg.60cb4f50d86e7c770a76f68ab64ab843.jpg

8.jpg.8450deb26171b3d93ab6fd87029cca75.jpg

9.jpg.1b82bcec75e02cb8e1042e3ebe7d4351.jpg

Glad you enjoyed the presentation, Chestnut. Thanks for the kudos.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

NoTakeBacks,

That's why we posted him, of course!

Here is a "comb through" video of the result as well:

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Excellent transformation. I especially liked the "comb through" video. Great way to document the results (which is particularly helpful for researching patients). I recall reading this patient's original thread, and it is great to see how well everything turned out in the end. Great work. Thank you for sharing.

Research, research, research!

Doctors I'm considering:

FUT:

-Feller

-Hasson

-Konior