This patient is a 33-year-old transgender female from Seattle who desired a feminine hairline. Her hair is light brown, medium thickness in caliber, which is excellent for frontal hairline and frontal-temporal recession restoration/transplantation. The reason that her hair is excellent for the transplant is that it is thick enough to give the appearance of nice, natural density, but not too thick which can give an unnatural look in the frontal hairline. In the frontal zone, we strive to put the thinnest hairs in the most anterior aspect of the hairline, and build a gradient to thicker hairs the further back in the transplanted zone. This gives the most natural appearance to a frontal hairline transplant.

This patient had her transplant just over a week ago and was willing to share her photographs on a monthly basis while the transplanted hairs grow. She is from Seattle so the follow up photographs will have a different appearance (background/camera), but the concept will be nicely demonstrated as the transplanted hairs grown throughout the coming year. I want to thank this patient in advance for taking the time and offering to take her photographs on a monthly basis to post her results.

1_zpsszmxgvtn.jpg

2_zpshqlqoffq.jpg

3_zpspv6di6im.jpg

4_zps8erlchzh.jpg

5_zpsexfk7ipe.jpg

6_zpsflzu4jum.jpg

7_zpswnwymz2h.jpg

8_zpsfr6giodp.jpg

9_zpsnwbxu5l4.jpg

10_zps7viqxp2s.jpg

11_zpsdgule623.jpg

Right5_zpsaomrguqc.jpg

Right6_zps7kp8khg0.jpg

12_zpsmp4bmgxl.jpg

13_zps374zpfdk.jpg

14_zpstljndhsj.jpg

15_zpshdvkh0q0.jpg

16_zpsaokddfyn.jpg

17_zpsljvysao3.jpg

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I always like these cases. A transplant is obviously a big deal for anyone but for transgender patients perhaps even more so.The work looks excellent and well done to her for being willing to document her progress. I look forward to following this.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

I'm really interested in following this case. The work looks incredible!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56