Post Op Questions (FUT)

I had my procedure done a week ago exactly for receding hairline and top thinness.

After a week I still see 95% of the grafts on top which is obviously MUCH shorter hair than the rest of the head. I go back to work in 4 days which is 11 days post procedure and I would like to avoid stares and questions.

Can I shave the top of the head where the grafts are?

The roots should be in place so shaving it should not hurt anything right??

I was told by a few HT docs that after 3 days the grafts have taken root, however, I would still be gentle with them. I suggest you check with your surgeon and see what he thinks.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Consult with your doctor for sure, but I have been told as well that by the 11th day those grafts are not coming out.

I have repeatedly plucked grafts that I do not like, and they continue to grow back, so it's permanent if it's taken root. Next stop for me is electrolysis.

Sorry, I'm not able to offer any advice because I haven't yet had my surgery, but do you have any pictures of what it looks like?

I'd like to be able to go back to work (even if it's with a shaved head), without any evidence that I had the procedure done, and I would have thought that 11 days would have been enough time, but it appears as if it isn't.

If you don't have any pictures, can you describe how it looks? Is it still red/see holes, or is it just much shorter?

Thanks

I had my procedure done a week ago exactly for receding hairline and top thinness.

After a week I still see 95% of the grafts on top which is obviously MUCH shorter hair than the rest of the head. I go back to work in 4 days which is 11 days post procedure and I would like to avoid stares and questions.

Can I shave the top of the head where the grafts are?

The roots should be in place so shaving it should not hurt anything right??

Don't do it - wait at least 3 weeks, if not more