Dr. Rahal, 2217 Graft FUE on a Norwood 2, 6 mos. post-op

Dr. Rahal/ Norwood 2 / 2217 Graft FUE / 6 months post-op

This patient came to Dr. Rahal when he was 30 because he was worried about his hairline being uneven, particularly the receding above his right temple. Using 2217 grafts (totalling 5017 hairs), Dr. Rahal was able to provide the evened-out hairline this patient has always wanted.

IMG_4135.JPG.b59c050a237f6af42af41fca0ec4de1d.JPG

IMG_4186.JPG.0123263bdb111be6f2482587eaf91089.JPG

IMG_4215.JPG.e76f9f75895c86548dc24a6afaaa8810.JPG

IMG_4201.jpg.c283cdd3757080208cc968ca6e7e68b1.jpg

IMG_4310.JPG.ce95203d841addc7dde6f399a20f4499.JPG

IMG_4325.JPG.ccafd882866d2b5d3ea022fd155b6cbe.JPG

IMG_4335.JPG.955543957992c0b6750cc6f2daa4fdd4.JPG

IMG_4337.JPG.2066888fc09ad6f59bdf36a784e46ed9.JPG

IMG_4854.JPG.dbdfe0f66939c0367ead10d8581497fa.JPG

image1.JPG.8bfadc7b7bdc310659b85fe5000acc0e.JPG

image4.jpg.17bbc3e0a9c6bb3a23de2be53784b3b7.jpg

image2.JPG.f34ce90c11ef480117efafe60a104890.JPG

image3.JPG.a1c1b6a0df02e48b4061c281cbba0477.JPG

image5.jpg.ede12d37ece7182ef517706ff7dbc3df.jpg

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.

Not to be that guy, but just another case of someone that absolutely did not need work. 2nd I've seen this week.

Power to you if you truly have a long term game plan, I just really hope these guys are getting lectured in consults about thinking ahead.

Edited by esrec

It doesnt look like a lot of grafts for the coverage post op... I am curious as to why the areas that were transplanted exceeded the hairline design so high up.

good docs usually go past the existing hairline in terms of transplanting new grafts because the hairs at the hairline are likely miniaturized and/or likely to fall out at a future date ...

Not to be that guy, but just another case of someone that absolutely did not need work. 2nd I've seen this week.

Power to you if you truly have a long term game plan, I just really hope these guys are getting lectured in consults about thinking ahead.

I'm blown away at some of these guys that get work done when they dont need it...WOW:cool:

Looks pretty great and the guy very obviously has great density and probably an abundance of donor. He's 30, not 22. Yes, you could argue that he "didn't need" this work done but that rhetoric is pretty unpersuasive and very tiresome. If he's on meds, wouldn't research seem to indicate that he's likely to maintain this result and all of his native hair for a good many years to come?

Anyway, not trying to stir the pot just for the sake of stirring it. It's something I'm having to consider myself.

who's to say whether someone "needs" or "doesn't need" a transplant? you can argue a bald guy doesn't need a HT... its an elective procedure for guys & ladies with varying degrees of hairloss ... if something bothers someone to the point that they want to address it surgically, it should be their own personal choice - that being said, I don't believe guys in their early 20's should be jumping into surgeries either.

who's to say whether someone "needs" or "doesn't need" a transplant? you can argue a bald guy doesn't need a HT... its an elective procedure for guys & ladies with varying degrees of hairloss ... if something bothers someone to the point that they want to address it surgically, it should be their own personal choice - that being said, I don't believe guys in their early 20's should be jumping into surgeries either.

Agreed! :D

Any debate can be turned into a philosophical one if you try hard enough. In the context, of "need", I'm sure we could arrive at a definition if we tried. The quest for perfection is significantly different than for restoration.

The core of my message was less about the procedure itself, and more about making sure these guys are taking the proper measures on the front end to acccount for the long haul. Elective or not, its surgery. Its dangerous in even a best case scenario under the best care.

what you fail to miss in the argument ESREC - "to each his own" - its not up to you or me to decide what's a restorative procedure for somw and what is an attempt at perfection for others .. we don't walk in other people's shoes but our own ..

what you fail to miss in the argument ESREC - "to each his own" - its not up to you or me to decide what's a restorative procedure for somw and what is an attempt at perfection for others .. we don't walk in other people's shoes but our own ..

Re-read what I wrote. Its pretty clear what I'm advocating for---patient education. And yes, I stand by the fact that seeking perfection vs restoration are fundamentally different quests. The former is a more dangerous one.

that's what this entire forum is about .... patient education .. and yes, you sound a bit judgmental about who should do what when and where - my point is, none of your business

You're only proving my point. Thank you.

Once again, an excellent result by Dr. Rahal. I had an online consultation with his team a few years back and they classified me as a norwood 2 (majority of thinning in the front), with very minor thinning in the crown. The crown wasn't as bad as the front and not really noticeable unless you knew what you were looking for. To make a long story short, I asked him if he could also just do a minor touch-up in the crown area (I am a perfectionist you see) and Dr. Rahal said he wouldn't even touch my crown no matter what, and I was already thirty years of age by then. Go figure...

So, while I do agree with the majority of people here saying he didn't need a transplant in the first place because he already had a full head of hair with just some minor (non-noticeable) hair loss in the front. However, Dr. Rahal being one of the more ethical doctors out there, I am sure he can tell by the patients density, hair loss pattern, family history, as to which direction this person is heading towards and did the surgery based on that. As well, ultimately it is up to the patient at the end of the day whether they want to get a surgery or not. If Dr. Rahal wouldn't have done it, I bet he would have gone to somebody else to get it done.

If I had the hair like this guy I would go for it just because I want to be the guy who enjoys his life now and his youth now while I can. He doesn't seem like he is going to lose anymore hair in the future but I know I can be completely wrong here because you just never know with this F***ED up disease we call hair loss. It can be smooth sailing for 10 years with just some hair loss here and there and then BAM!!! it can hit you hard and you go from like a norwood 2 to a norwood 4 within a year. Like WTF.

***Knowledge is Power***

;)

nicely stated superavacada .. I had 2 FUE procedures with Dr. Rahal , my last one just this Sept. Now I'm a 46 years old, was pretty bald (NW 5A - 6) and he did alot with very little for me, but he is one of the most ethical professional surgeons out there, besides being one of the most skilled. I too don't recommend guys in their 20's getting procedures (like I did!) and then setting themselves up for a lifetime of catch-up, but when a consenting 30 year old adult wants to fix something that is bothering them, and they're willing to undergo a surgical procedure and understand all the pros & cons - which Dr. Rahal's office clearly advises you before performing surgery on you - then I don't see how anyone thinks its up to them to suggest what's needed and what's not - sounds extremely judgmental and quite honestly "envious" of others condition - ****LIVE AND LET LIVE****

Absolutely awesome hairline, but man that's a lot of grafts to use on such a small area. Hope this guy has a lot of donor left in the bank or isn't advancing to a high norward. Must be nice though, Rahal's hairlines always blow me away, good stuff

Honestly, call me crazy but I think this all the time on these boards when I see so much effort spent on front hairline restoration alone. I admittedly am much, MUCH further along with MPB, but he looked fine to me to start with and just spent over 2K grafts on a small area. If he recedes behind this, is he a set up for trouble down the road? Seems like it to me.

If the patient is happy that is all that matters, but I worry about what happens in 10 years or more.

Honestly, call me crazy but I think this all the time on these boards when I see so much effort spent on front hairline restoration alone. I admittedly am much, MUCH further along with MPB, but he looked fine to me to start with and just spent over 2K grafts on a small area. If he recedes behind this, is he a set up for trouble down the road? Seems like it to me.

If the patient is happy that is all that matters, but I worry about what happens in 10 years or more.

Spot on. Precisely what my previous post was alluding to. Nothing more.

Of course we're rooting for every patient to be happy with their results regardless of degree of loss. He has great hair! We're simply calling attention to a reality of HT's--no doctor can predict the future, particularly for a 30 yr old patient.

Rahal's work is indisputable.

Gentlemen, all good points, but we have to assume that Dr Rahal examined his lifetime donor supply of grafts and estimated his future hairloss state. I think we all agree that it was a shit load number of grafts in such a small area, and we are all envious that this guy could get something like this done due to his lifetime graft supply and low NW projection (assumption) - the point I want to make is do any of you find it interesting that Rahal are electing to post these results? I mean lets be honest, I think if any half decent surgeon transplanted so many grafts into such a small area then the result will always be a brilliant knock-out like this. What exactly are thes results showing us about Rahal that makes him great? Yes, air get his hairlines are best on the planet. That's a fact, and this patient chose the best surgeon for what he wanted. Results like these are easy. I want to see the ones where he transforms people.

Gentlemen, all good points, but we have to assume that Dr Rahal examined his lifetime donor supply of grafts and estimated his future hairloss state. I think we all agree that it was a shit load number of grafts in such a small area, and we are all envious that this guy could get something like this done due to his lifetime graft supply and low NW projection (assumption) - the point I want to make is do any of you find it interesting that Rahal are electing to post these results? I mean lets be honest, I think if any half decent surgeon transplanted so many grafts into such a small area then the result will always be a brilliant knock-out like this. What exactly are thes results showing us about Rahal that makes him great? Yes, air get his hairlines are best on the planet. That's a fact, and this patient chose the best surgeon for what he wanted. Results like these are easy. I want to see the ones where he transforms people.

Do a search for Rahal, you'll see results that are amazing.

Do a search for Rahal, you'll see results that are amazing.

I have, and I absolutely agree that there are some killer Rahal results out there. However, the clinic itself hasn't posted a lot on this site recently, and the ones being posted are the easy ones like this. I would love to see them posting the killer transformation cases that I know exist.

I have, and I absolutely agree that there are some killer Rahal results out there. However, the clinic itself hasn't posted a lot on this site recently, and the ones being posted are the easy ones like this. I would love to see them posting the killer transformation cases that I know exist.

Like that Hasson monster ;)

Like that Hasson monster ;)

Seriously, you don't get better than that. It's truly remarkable, especially when you see his original donor in the before pictures. Unbelievable how Hasson is able to get that many grafts.