My Experience - Dr Koray Erdogan - ASMED

JohnnyGJ

1 minute ago, OzzyBoy said:

Thanks for your feedback....couple of questions:

1) I assume you are happy with your transplant results with Dr Erdogan?

2) Interestingly, DHI Delhi in India have quoted me the exact same grafts (2000 grafts) and it is turning out to be $10k AUD cheaper than my original dhi Australia quote I.e $6k instead of $16k....i can't believe it's that much cheaper in Delhi (which by the way seems to have positive reviews online, perhaps it is more reputable in India compared to Aus?)....though they definitely don't have surgeons there as renowned as Erdogan. What do you think about this?

I've had 2 procedures (check the links below my comment) so you can judge yourself on the first, still only 2 months into the second so no results yet and a long way to go. If the growth of the second is similar to the first I will be extremely happy with them. 

On DHI, without a doubt just avoid them entirely. No reason to consider a chain clinic with no-name surgeons and a clear marketing focus, especially when they're making up terms and lying about a lack of incisions in their procedure which is an outright lie.  Makes sense that it's cheaper in India when obviously our wages for nurses and assistants is probably $50 an hour bare minimum while in India they could be getting a few dollars. Most of the cost is labour and rent/land cost.

Don't mess around and risk becoming a repair patient just cuz u wanted to save some money. I was in your shoes for the past 2 years and was super close to going with a cheaper doctor to save some money...ended up deciding against it. If money really is tight then there are some cheaper doctors on this site that may be safer bets. do your homework...

Whoa it's been a long time since I updated this thread!

I just got a notification recently that it had been posted in again.

In short, it's been over two years now and I am still super happy with the result.

The hair blends in perfectly and I honestly couldn't tell you where the dividing line between my old hair and the transplanted hair is. I took some quick update photos (apologies, am in the car but you get the idea)

No regression back to the old hairline or any change in texture / thickness.

Best result I could have hoped for.

20180713_083635.jpg

20180713_083638.jpg

2 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

I've had 2 procedures (check the links below my comment) so you can judge yourself on the first, still only 2 months into the second so no results yet and a long way to go. If the growth of the second is similar to the first I will be extremely happy with them. 

On DHI, without a doubt just avoid them entirely. No reason to consider a chain clinic with no-name surgeons and a clear marketing focus, especially when they're making up terms and lying about a lack of incisions in their procedure which is an outright lie.  Makes sense that it's cheaper in India when obviously our wages for nurses and assistants is probably $50 an hour bare minimum while in India they could be getting a few dollars. Most of the cost is labour and rent/land cost.

Checked out your links, that's great progress man, the improvement with your hairline is amazing, I am hoping for something similar (though my original hair is no way as good as what yours is haha, I have very thin, fine hair). Good luck with the remaining growth, it all looks on track from what I can tell....

Out of curiosity, is it difficult to get availability with Erdogan? I have just sent my consultation details / photos to Asmed, waiting to hear back from them. Hoping I can head over there asap. 

Noted regarding DHI - sounds like I should stay away!

1 hour ago, OzzyBoy said:

Checked out your links, that's great progress man, the improvement with your hairline is amazing, I am hoping for something similar (though my original hair is no way as good as what yours is haha, I have very thin, fine hair). Good luck with the remaining growth, it all looks on track from what I can tell....

Out of curiosity, is it difficult to get availability with Erdogan? I have just sent my consultation details / photos to Asmed, waiting to hear back from them. Hoping I can head over there asap. 

Noted regarding DHI - sounds like I should stay away!

About a 3.5 month wait for me. Check your spam folder too I left my consult response there for two weeks before I looked. They responded back a day or so after the initial consult details.

• 2 years later...
On 9/10/2017 at 8:38 PM, Raman said:

Hey James, I researched for around 2 years before I jumped in and got a HT. Dr Koray Erdogan is in the top 3 surgeons in the world in my opinion so I was happy to pay for the best work. I had 3200 FUEs and it cost me around $12000 Australian with airfares but it was worth every cent. He has a Hospital that rivals the best of any Australian Hospital when it comes to cleanliness and professionalism.

The only thing I would warn you about, because you do television is the redness of the scalp after you have a HT. It eventually goes away, but it took over 5 months for the redness to subside on my scalp, I would just tell people it was sunburn or wear a cap. Everything else regarding my experience went smoothly. It takes at least 5 months for the regrowth to begin to really kick in so you will go through an ugly ducking phase. Just make sure you do your research and check out my experience and photos through my thread.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181776-asmed-dr-koray-erdogan-3200-fue-november-25th-2015-a.html

Hi, just wondering if you have an update on how it went and how it is now? Thanks!