Second FUE HT by Dr. Diep. 2,220 Grafts to Improve Density (4,700 grafts total)

jkm3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice result!

Just curious, do you happen to know your hair caliber?

Thank you! I do not know my hair caliber. I have medium fine hair. I'd say it's very fine compared to average. Luckily, my hair is also wavy which compliments my result quite well.

• 3 weeks later...

Unbelievable result. Congrats. You're still quite young so stay on fin!

FYI - remember when you wished me luck after I commented on how good your hair looked slicked back?... (Sigh of relief). I'm finally able to slick mine back too.

Again, well done man. Diep was an awesome choice

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

• 2 weeks later...
Unbelievable result. Congrats. You're still quite young so stay on fin!

FYI - remember when you wished me luck after I commented on how good your hair looked slicked back?... (Sigh of relief). I'm finally able to slick mine back too.

Again, well done man. Diep was an awesome choice

I've been on Fin for over two years now and I'm not planning to stop. Definitely wise advice.

I'm really glad it turned out great for you! I saw early on in your progress that you were heading towards a home run result. Enjoy it now!!

Thank you!

Thank you, JON. I wouldn't say I won the battle just yet. I'm still 26, and my hair loss may progress further back. I'm crossing my fingers, but further balding is possible for many more years. With meds, I'm hoping it won't be an issue until I'm a grandpa.

Hey JKM,

First of all congrats on your result!

We are pretty much in the same shoes, 26yrs, 2FUE(although

my first one was not a complete success, and I'm just 1month post op with my 2nd now made by Dr. Koray), almost 5000 extracted grafts already...

I also put all my hopes on meds and maybe a 3rd, 4th surgery. Do you have any plans for the future if you have to give up the fight?

Hey JKM,

First of all congrats on your result!

We are pretty much in the same shoes, 26yrs, 2FUE(although

my first one was not a complete success, and I'm just 1month post op with my 2nd now made by Dr. Koray), almost 5000 extracted grafts already...

I also put all my hopes on meds and maybe a 3rd, 4th surgery. Do you have any plans for the future if you have to give up the fight?

Thank you, milanello.

For now, I'm just using Finasteride. It seems to be doing its job because I'm still maintaining my existing native hair. I am only 26 still, so we will have to see what happens with time. I've used 4,700 grafts in the frontal two thirds of my head. I probably have 2,500 grafts left in my donor.

If I don't lose a significant amount of hair in my crown area, ill be good with the way it is now. Im saving what I have left in my donor for the back in case I start losing hair there.

I also know that I can thicken up my hair quite a bit by starting minoxidil. I'm just not sure I want to make that sort of commitment again.

I hope you have a successful outcome with your recent transplant! Looking forward to seeing updates.

The 12 month mark has finally come. I'm thrilled to say that my second procedure was a success. I included four photos that show what my hair looks like after I style it. The first photo shows what my hair looked like before my first hair transplant.

Keep in mind, without any styling, my hair does not look perfect because the density is still not what it should be naturally. This is most evident at the frontal hairline when the hair is combed back (without styling). I'll try to post photos of what I mean soon.

Overall, im very pleased with my outcome. In my case, 4700 grafts were used as optimally as they could have been given my level of hair loss.

I might be getting another 500-750 more grafts in the hairline. I would rather have a very thick hairline and average density towards the back instead of average density all around because the hairline makes the biggest impact on our hair appearance.

I will consult with Dr. Diep to see if that amount of grafts will make a significant difference. I'm assuming it will because my hair is already placed at a decently good density, so filling in various thinner spots should create more thickness with less grafts. Moreover, I've never concentrated that many grafts in one small area. Dr. Diep has been spreading my grafts all over my scalp minus the crown area. So 500-700 grafts in the hairline should put all of my few concerns regarding my hair to rest.

image.pngimage share

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.png

post image

• Administrators

Looks fantastic as is congrats:D

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the update I promised in my last post. All of these photos were taken under very bright bathroom light. I also do not have any styling products applied on my hair in these photos. Moreover, I purposely combed my hair straight back in the center (as opposed to combing it backwards, but to the side, which creates more of an illusion of density).

Lastly, I took these photos from specific angles that normally reveal the true density of a hair transplant.

This is what $30k buys you. Like I've said before, Diep is the King of FUE. Most doctors out there would not have achieved the same graft survival and growth rate on the 4,700 grafts Diep transplanted on my head by way of FUE. I was a Norwood 3 no doubt!

He truly has changed my life. The best way I can describe my reaction to this amazing transformation is to say that I feel more at peace and have less worries in my day to day life. It feels truly freeing.

However, I will always be a harsh critic in regards to my result because I will have to live with it for the rest of my life. This has led to my decision to undergo another (very small) procedure. I want to add an additional 300 grafts or so on the left side of my scalp (my left); starting at the hairline and back about an inch and a half. This area is where I start my part when I style my hair and it is the most exposed part of my hairline. I feel that it is currently not dense enough and could be substantially improved with a minor touch up. I want to be able to fully expose my hairline without any styling tricks so I want to thicken the area I mentioned so that it looks more solid/thick/full/naturally dense.

My family hair loss pattern shows that I likely will not lose the crown potion of my hair. The only uncle I have that is "bald" stopped at Norwood 3 and everyone else has/had their hair recede no further than Norwood 2 or some light thinning at the frontal hairline. I probably have 2,500-3,000 grafts left in my donor so I feel that this minor third procedure in the frontal area will not stop me from fixing the back side of my head in the case I do lose hair further back.

Anyway, for those who followed from my original thread, I hope my posts helped you on your own transplant decisions and recoveries. I'm always here if anyone has questions. For those of you who just started losing your hair, I hope you feel hopeful after seeing my transformation. I remember when I first realized I was balding. It was a horrific experience that led me to go through a minor meltdown. I researched solutions for years. And started a (seemingly) successful medicinal testament with Finasteride.

But, most importantly, I made the best decision ever to trust Diep with my hair grafts. Have hope that there are doctors like him out there. But don't settle on a bargain because 9/10 you will regret it. Treat your donor grafts like they are more valuable than gold. Look at the result videos and photos that doctors and patients post. But weed out the results that show false density (it's easy to manipulate the appearance of a hair transplant result) because this will lead you to experience a false belief or hope in regards to what you can achieve if you went to the same Doctor. My advice is to ask patients to post photos with and without hair product because this is a way I know viewers will see a more realistic view of the result. Also, pay particular attention to the angle and lighting used in the photos and videos.

Most of all, be realistic in what you can achieve. Use my level of hair loss as a benchmark for your standards (I've posted numerous pre op photos). What I've offered with my documentation on this forum is clear proof that you can bring a Norwood 3 back to a solid Norwood 1 with under 5,000 grafts via FUE!

I wish everyone battling hair loss positive energy and hope you take control of your hair loss and bring back the amount of hair you will always feel comfortable with. Take care!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image upload no compression

Edited by jkm3

Very natural, good density especially hairline and behind and also the hairline is low enough to give a youthful appearance (5.5-6 cm in height is my guess?? a tad bit lower than the 6.5cm or higher some docs recommend).

Did you maintain the temple points on Fin, or did you have some work there too?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• Administrators

Great results as said it looks very natural, no one could ever tell this was a transplant, do you know how many grafts per cm2 it took to achieve this density? I know a lot of fine haired blonde guys out there would like to know, thanks for updating now go enjoy the mane :D

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

He truly has changed my life. The best way I can describe my reaction to this amazing transformation is to say that I feel more at peace and have less worries in my day to day life. It feels truly freeing.

Per usual, I have nothing really useful to add but just wanted to comment on the above quote. It sounds so cliche -and certainly 30k is a hefty chunk- but that feeling you expressed there is truly priceless. It's what I want, it's my endgame. For that grip to finally be released, for that albatross to be forever lifted.

Thanks for the hope.

Very natural, good density especially hairline and behind and also the hairline is low enough to give a youthful appearance (5.5-6 cm in height is my guess?? a tad bit lower than the 6.5cm or higher some docs recommend).

Thank you, Hsrp. You've got a good eye. Dr. Diep mentioned to me that he did not measure my hairline height with a ruler. He saw where my original hairline was and placed the grafts precisely around that area. My hairline was naturally higher than average so I don't feel he took an aggressive approach by creating the hairline I have now. I think the height is 6cm give or take. I'll measure it when I have a chance to know for sure.

My take on Dr. Diep's approach is that he aims for a youthful hairline, while at the same time not front-loading all of the donor grafts. The density at which he creates the hairline during the first procedure almost always looks thick in appearance and is placed at a height that looks like the person never experienced any hairline recession (and he does this while using a conservative amount of grafts (1500-2800 or so)).

Whether it's because he gets amazing survival and growth rates on the donor grafts and/or because he designs his rows of transplants on the scalp so ideally, he produces great results.

Great results as said it looks very natural, no one could ever tell this was a transplant, do you know how many grafts per cm2 it took to achieve this density? I know a lot of fine haired blonde guys out there would like to know, thanks for updating now go enjoy the mane :D

Thank you, HTsoon! I'm not sure about that. I'll make sure to ask Dr. Diep once I see him for my follow up appointment in January. My hair shaft diameter is naturally thinner than the average for sure. I have fine, at best medium fine hair. If my hair shafts were naturally thicker, I wouldn't have needed the same amount of grafts as I got to achieve the same result. Hopefully Dr. Diep will have an accurate figure for me. I'll make sure to share that with you in January.

Hope you get the results you're looking for from your recent procedure. The waiting game sucks, but you're approaching the growth period any week now!

I had a little bit of work done in the top temple area to create a slightly narrower hairline. I didn't have much recession in the temple area to begin with, but it's likely because I started Finasteride before any significant recession occurred there.