Potential Recommendation of Dr. Suneet Soni of New Delhi, India

Dear forum members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

We’d like to gather your input and opinions regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Suneet Soni of New Delhi, India on the Hair Transplant Network. At this time, Dr. Soni is only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition. To see our standards for recommendation, click here.

Dr. Soni has been performing hair transplant surgery for over 7 years as the primary part of his practice for over 7 years at his clinic in New Delhi, India. He performs both FUT / Strip and FUE hair transplant surgery and has the staff and experience to perform large, densely packed sessions exceeding 3000 grafts when appropriate for the patient. His strip procedures are typically larger than his FUE sessions due to the tedious and time consuming nature of follicular unit extraction.

Dr. Soni feels that FUE is best suited for patients with lesser degrees of baldness and for those who wish to keep the hair on the sides and back of their scalp cropped short. Dr. Soni believes that a combination of FUT / strip and FUE provides patients with a greater supply of donor hair for both maximum coverage and density. Dr. Soni uses the Powered SAFE Scribe designed by Dr. James Harris and feels growth yield using the FUE method at his clinic is approximately 90%.

Dr. Soni specializes in FUT / Strip, FUE, BHT (body hair transplantation), eyebrow transplantation, scar revisions and repair surgery. He also offers prescriptions for Propecia and performs all of the consultations himself. Online consultations are free.

Dr. Suneet Soni uses all the advanced methods including microscopic dissection, the trichophytic closure, .minimally invasive tools as small as 0.8mm to extract follicular units and make recipient incisions, etc. Dr. Soni has the ability to dense pack up to 75 FU/cm2 (follicular units per square centimeter) when appropriate for the patient and uses only single haired grafts in the crucial hairline area to mimic nature.

Dr. Soni has a large team of 16 assistants averaging 5 to 7 years of experience, 12 of which are cutters and 4 are planters for strip surgery. Because making the recipient incisions is the most artistic part of the hair transplant procedure ensuring naturalness and direction of hair growth, Dr. Suneet Soni makes all the recipient incisions himself. He also harvests the donor strip for strip procedures using a single scalpel to minimize transection and damage to the follicles and uses the double layer closure technique to aid healing and minimize the appearance of scarring. His technicians carefully place follicular units into tiny recipient sites in both FUT / strip and FUE procedures.

Dr. Suneet Soni is a member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS), the Association of Hair Restoration Surgery of India (AHRS), the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), .the Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (IAAPS) and the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI).

Given Dr. Soni's experience in performing state of the art hair transplant surgery and providing only the best results, in my opinion, he should be considered for recommendation.

In recent weeks, Dr. Soni has presented several examples of his procedure and recent results on this forum. Some of Dr. Soni's Recent Patient and Surgical photos can be found below:

4170 Grafts Repair Surgery via FUT / Strip

3450 Grafts via FUT / Strip

3270 Grafts via FUT / Strip

2720 Grafts via FUT / Strip on Female Patient

3852 Grafts via FUT / Strip

4234 Grafts via FUT / Strip

3268 Grafts in 2 Sessions via FUT / Strip and FUE

3750 Grafts via FUT / Strip

3943 Grafts via FUT / Strip

Patient Posted Results - 3500 Grafts via FUT / Strip

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

To view our standards for recommendation, click here.

Onwards and Upwards,

Bill

Would like to ask the doctor or their rep some formal questions:

How many years of experience does this surgeon have with just FUE?

How many patients are operated on daily basis, either FUE or FUT? Are there multiple surgeries per day?

What is the surgeons FUE surgical protocol? Do technicians extract surgically from the donor?

How many years have each technician been with him for FUE procedures? How many technicians are allocated for one patient on day of their procedure?

Are there any more FUE results from this doctor with the exception of the FUT/FUE case?

Does the doc do any beard or body extractions via FUE?

Impressive examples!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Guys,

Thank you for your feedback so far. As you can see, the vast majority of the cases Dr. Soni has presented are FUT / strip, which makes up the majority of his practice. However, he does perform FUE and I've asked him to present a few examples of his FUE results as well. He did reply saying he would get to that ASAP.

In the meantime, I appreciate your feedback and look forward to receiving more. I too agree that his work and results are very impressive.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

Is there some sort of formal evaluation process or scoring system when vetting new doctors for recommendation? Regardless of the outcome I think doctors would appreciate knowing they were evaluated based on a specific criteria and received a score rather than resorting to sometimes subjective measures.

Does the doctor have to present a certain # of successful cases for both FUT and FUE? Do they need to outline their own internal processes? What about certain angles and lighting in the pictures they present, along with varying case sizes?

Forgive me if this is already in place, but it feels more subjective than scientific even with the information and links I saw. Given some of the recent events with an unnamed doctor, it woud be great to formalize this further. Thanks.

esrec,

I appreciate you sharing your concerns and asking questions about our recommendation process.

We do not rate or score physicians, but we do have a very specific set of standards physicians must meet in order to be approved for recommendation. To see our criteria for recommendation, click here. How we recommendation surgeons has also been documented and explained on the forum topic "How We Recommend Hair Transplant Surgeons".

I hope this helps.

Bill

Guys,

Thank you for everyone's feedback regarding Dr. Soni. I agree with everyone's input that he appears to be doing outstanding work. Both his strip and FUE results looks great and thus, given the positive feedback we've received, I think it's time to approve him for recommendation. Thus, let's congratulate Dr. Soni for becoming our newest recommended physician. To see his recommendation profile, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill