4000 FUE virtually ZERO scarring with Dr Bhatti

Sethticles

On Monday 26th Oct Northern India suffered a 7.5 earthquake and at the same time I went under the knife again with Dr Bhatti. Yes that’s correct mid operation the earthquake hit and was panic stations everywhere, Darling Buds staff were amazing in such a scary situation, we all safely evacuated the building while I was all wrapped up in bandages.

Previously I’ve had 2 FUE procedures with Dr Bhatti, which included 1500 into the crown 1500 hair line and 1000 to mid-scalp a total of 4000 FUE. During my 3rd pre op meeting he took close up photos of my donor area as you can see after 4000 FUE virtually zero scarring, this will allow me to shave down in the future. we decided the best approach was 100 for the hair line and as many for the crown as possible expecting 500 remained in the donor area. During the harvesting Dr Bhatti felt he could extract at least 750 which was great, he ended up harvesting 785, so we went for 130 grafts to my right front hair line and 655 to my crown. Happy Days, he is very confident that now I'll a nice all over head of hair.

I am now at 3 weeks post op, nothing major to report, the 14 day post care period was about routine as you would expect. Here are some pics, I’ll add more as time goes by.

DSC_6171.jpg.0ce448d0b9707587b364d38614d591ec.jpg

DSC_6165.jpg.3ffe538100def3a7c049309404bda51a.jpg

12242083_10153882337890312_1410283249_n.jpg.86198e948f35fa39f342bf60de2a25c2.jpg

12231331_10153882337745312_1235286610_n.jpg.8db2fdf420b6104eaa70470299d59f6e.jpg

Edited by Sethticles

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seth,

Congrats on your most recent hair transplant with Dr. Bhatti! Crazy about he earthquake! I just experienced my first tremor a week ago wile in the Philippines. Scary stuff!

Your donor area looks amazing! Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

thanks David it was very scary - I wish I had taken photos of all people who evacuated the surrounding buildings to give you a better idea of what went on.

• Administrators

I was wondering where you'd been, I'm jelly of your scars man, you can't even tell at all, light hair light skin is a good combo for FUE, where'd you stay in Chandigarh? Considering going to Dr. Bhatti for my 3rd procedure as well.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Woah. Were you not put under when the earthquake happened, or was this before? I remember being so delirious during my procedure, so can't imagine having to be evacuated in the middle of it due to an earthquake. Fun story to tell though for sure, in hindsight. :cool:

Regardless, congrats on the procedure. Looking forward to seeing results.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Awesome to hear all these nice comments - thanks heaps

@HTSoon - thanks for your comments, I stayed at The Altius - they have improved alot in 2 years

@Balding Blogger - thanks mate, Dr Bhatti thinks I still have 500 in the bank plus heaps for BHT

@esrec - all i had in the hair line was 100ish grafts that i dislodged 2 years ago, i can take a new photo soon

@pkipling - the earthquake hit about 40minutes into placing of the grafts, lying there seeing your grafts swaying from left to right in the saline water tray was frightening, one of the techy's grabbed them and held on to them with all her life, the quake lasted about 90seconds

Awesome to hear all these nice comments - thanks heaps

@HTSoon - thanks for your comments, I stayed at The Altius - they have improved alot in 2 years

@Balding Blogger - thanks mate, Dr Bhatti thinks I still have 500 in the bank plus heaps for BHT

@esrec - all i had in the hair line was 100ish grafts that i dislodged 2 years ago, i can take a new photo soon

@pkipling - the earthquake hit about 40minutes into placing of the grafts, lying there seeing your grafts swaying from left to right in the saline water tray was frightening, one of the techy's grabbed them and held on to them with all her life, the quake lasted about 90seconds

That's brutal. How long was the surgery interrupted for?

no more than 30mins, probably was only 10mins hard to know happened all so fast, but was the feeling of the unknown, what could happen next, will there be an after shock, the staff were probably more scared than me, as it was my second big earthquake in a year and the other one was far more violent

• 2 weeks later...

Omg. She's your hairline hero. What a saint she is.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Hey guys - 6 weeks post op progress - I'd love to say that all things are going well but sadly I had a massive case of shock loss weeks 3ish, a fair bit of my existing hairs have fallen out, can't say i feel good at the present time, the UGLY DUCKLING phase is upon me, lucky for me this is well documented within the HT network, and I can wear caps to work and around the office, I am quite sure it will all settle down and new cycles will begin to grown. Im back now using fine 1mg + 5% as appose to 2% and several other natural treatments, please God grow back i have a few more months of "WHAT IF" ahead of me... im dying to get some toppik even if for one night out on the town without a cap on.....

signed feeling like shiticles not sethticles

• Administrators

We've all been there Seth, 6 weeks is literally the stage in where you look like utter garbage, my top pic of my profile was me my 2nd HT at 6 weeks, I had massive shock loss and looked like a steaming pile, but it'll grow back and then some, happy growing mate:)

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@HTsoon, thanks for the kind words mate. a fair bit of my confidence has gone with the hair too. I have a 5 day holiday lined up for Koh Samui over New Years and im thinking of just shaving my head and living under a cap, as for the whole shockloss sage, from what i have been reading that massive shockloss seems to be more common with guys having their 2nd HT and who have large amounts of existing hair, and 9 times out of 10 it all grows back nicely.

The dreaded 'what if scenario' yes that 's the worst aspect of having a hair transplant but I'm sure you will be fine, 6 weeks is the normal time to get shock loss, do you mean the transplanted hair from the first hair transplant is shedding or the native hair or both? Anyway best of luck mate ,but as I said after 3-4 months I'm sure you will start to be a happy man again

@HTsoon, thanks for the kind words mate. a fair bit of my confidence has gone with the hair too. I have a 5 day holiday lined up for Koh Samui over New Years and im thinking of just shaving my head and living under a cap, as for the whole shockloss sage, from what i have been reading that massive shockloss seems to be more common with guys having their 2nd HT and who have large amounts of existing hair, and 9 times out of 10 it all grows back nicely.

I'm at 6 weeks myself...:cool:

do you mean the transplanted hair from the first hair transplant is shedding or the native hair or both? Anyway best of luck mate ,but as I said after 3-4 months I'm sure you will start to be a happy man again

yeah a bit of both - as Homer would say, a little from column A and little from column B,

Hang in there with the shock-loss, we've all been there. You're in that awkward teenage stage of the process but the results down the road will be awesome. Trust me...been there...twice.

5b32e9c6bd7bc_BeforeandAfter.jpg.fac1bc0e6eaa84650f704d3d2949850d.jpg

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hang in there with the shock-loss, we've all been there. You're in that awkward teenage stage of the process but the results down the road will be awesome. Trust me...been there...twice.

thanks John, i guess i didnt really have any shockloss the first and second HT but this time a massive case.... baseball caps are my best friend now....

i was on 2% minox as per the Dr's orders for 6weeks but only stopped fin for about a week post op

I think that could possibly have some effect.....going from 5% to 2% and now back to 5% (as well as stopping the Fin....as it's supposedly out of your system after a week I believe). You know how finicky that stuff is (both Rogaine and Fin).

Good thing is that now that you are back on your normal regimen, I would assume the hair should grow back.

i also copped a decent amount of dandruff around weeks 2-3-4 finally got some nizoral and have been using that twice a week, i had some redish skin well away from the transplanted areas and donor areas and i think the nizoral has cleared that up too.

just sucks at this time of year with lots of luncheons and dinner parties to attend and all i want to do is hide under a hat...