Feriduni vs Erdogan

NYC1180

I'm close to a norwood 2-3 and have consulted with several doctors and decided on Erdogan. I really liked Feriduni's work also but he quoted approx 1500 grafts while Erdogan quoted approx 3000. I definitely want a fuller density in the hairline, which is the primary reason I ended up going to Erdogan. However, does the quoted graft number typically change significantly once you see the surgeon? On the consultation Feriduni's response said that any additional grafts over the quote would be 3 euros/graft. If I convinced him to do 3000 grafts, it would be 2-4 thousand euros higher than Erdogans.

From the photos and stories I've seen on here, it seems like they do comparable and quality hairline work. Any differing opinions on this? I've got several weeks off to travel after the surgery (of course if I'm feeling up for it) and was also considering Belgium being a personally preferable place to visit over Turkey. Is it worth pushing for higher graft count with Feriduni or should I just quit overthinking this and go with Erdogan.

take a look at my results w dr feriduni(VERY POOR OUTCOME). Then read a carefully all the threads on Dr Erdgan. In the end its your choice but id mandate which ever doc you see that they do every single step of the procedure. And I mean every single step..

Hmmmm, interesting. I just read your story and I'm very sorry to hear of your outcome.

If the doctor doesn't normally do the extractions and the techs do, then I would be a little nervous about trying to talk him into it. Since the techs are doing it all day every day, they might have more experience with actual extractions than the doctor, no?

Every doctor has cases of bad results, even the best ones. In my opinion, both doctors are excellent and do you have a proven track record of providing truly state-of-the-art hair transplant surgery with excellent results. Dr. Feriduni is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Reatoration Surgeons and has been a member of this community for many years. I have seen dozens and dozens of outstanding results that have come from his clinic. And while Dr. Erdogan is a newer member of this community, he has truly impressed me and many members of this community as well with his advanced procedure and outstanding results.

In my opinion, you are deciding between two outstanding surgeons. While it's easy to take one person's word for it, it's important that you research office visions you are considering and that you look at the big picture rather than just a single experience. This, I encourage you to look at the dozens of exceptional results presented by both physicians and their patients on this community and then make a decision.

If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact me privately.

Best wishes,

Bill

Do your homework---there's been much debate lately on the quality of work particularly with FUE due to the complex nature of the procedure and concerns around technicians doing the majority of the work. Make sure you have something in writing that guarantees the presence of the doctor in surgery. Sad that you have to ask, I know. The bar has been reduced and patients are needing to take more responsibility than ever.

Best of luck.

Edited by esrec

• Administrators
Hmmmm, interesting. I just read your story and I'm very sorry to hear of your outcome.

If the doctor doesn't normally do the extractions and the techs do, then I would be a little nervous about trying to talk him into it. Since the techs are doing it all day every day, they might have more experience with actual extractions than the doctor, no?

Well a couple of things Belgium and turkey safety wise are not far off from eachother, personally I think id feel safer in turkey there haven't been any attacks there, whilst France is very close to Belgium and several Belgian internationals have been found to be connected with extremism so in that aspect flip a coin.

Now with regards to techs being better at extractions I don't believe that to be the case at all, who do you think trains the techs? The surgeon does, not to mention the surgeon has been performing FUE for a lot longer than the techs, personally I don't care how many coalitions accolades the surgeon has, if he's not performing the surgery that matters zero, I do suggest looking up actual patients and reviewing from there, don't look at cherry picked cases from the clinics, cause if that was the case every clinic looks like their doing amazing work.

Things you need to ask the surgeon is who does the extractions? Who creates the recipient sites? Hoe long have your techs been working for you and whats their experience? And are these the techs always workimg with you or do they change?

I know Dr. Erdogan has a tech called celik I believe that has been with him since the beginning.

Ultimately, how a clinic deals with failures reflects greatly on the clinic, from how Dr. Feriduni dealt with ezel, he's automatically disqualified from my list growth was way beloe average, I'd assume maybe 20% growth from looking at the pictures, that warrants a refund in my opinion.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the advice and comments. I have decided on Erdogan. I believe he mentioned his techs do the extractions. I didn't ask who creates the recipient sites? Does this vary for each patient with him? Should I ask if he will do the extractions himself?

Well a couple of things Belgium and turkey safety wise are not far off from eachother, personally I think id feel safer in turkey there haven't been any attacks there, whilst France is very close to Belgium and several Belgian internationals have been found to be connected with extremism so in that aspect flip a coin.

Now with regards to techs being better at extractions I don't believe that to be the case at all, who do you think trains the techs? The surgeon does, not to mention the surgeon has been performing FUE for a lot longer than the techs, personally I don't care how many coalitions accolades the surgeon has, if he's not performing the surgery that matters zero, I do suggest looking up actual patients and reviewing from there, don't look at cherry picked cases from the clinics, cause if that was the case every clinic looks like their doing amazing work.

Things you need to ask the surgeon is who does the extractions? Who creates the recipient sites? Hoe long have your techs been working for you and whats their experience? And are these the techs always workimg with you or do they change?

I know Dr. Erdogan has a tech called celik I believe that has been with him since the beginning.

Ultimately, how a clinic deals with failures reflects greatly on the clinic, from how Dr. Feriduni dealt with ezel, he's automatically disqualified from my list growth was way beloe average, I'd assume maybe 20% growth from looking at the pictures, that warrants a refund in my opinion.

There has been bombings in turkey recently... I'm due for surgery on the 7th of dec.. I guess if your times up, theres not much you can do about it and theres no point living in fear.

• Administrators
There has been bombings in turkey recently... I'm due for surgery on the 7th of dec.. I guess if your times up, theres not much you can do about it and theres no point living in fear.

I'm not saying Turkey is safe, I'm merely saying that Belgium is not any better, especially with what's going on in France. Both countries are known for having radical extremist so safety wise they're about the same, I do feel however turkey being a Muslim country, I don't think extremist are targeting the general public like they are in Western European countries like France or Belgium. But that's not really the point of the thread.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

There was a big bomb in Turkey recently. Turkey bomb: Almost 100 dead after attack in Ankara - BBC News

Belgium is a safe country, as is France. There are many more murders in the US, statistically. Sure, there's a terrorist threat, as I'm well aware living in central London, but you can't you live your life in fear and the threat exists in the US too.

Edited by LondonHTseeker

Don't worry about possible attacks in Europe ..terrorism can happen anywhere these days, the US, UK, Western Europe and Australia are all at risk. Statistically you're more likely to die crossing the road than from a terrorist attack. As for the surgeons, I'd go with Feriduni based on the lower graft estimate. Erdogans graft estimates always seem to be twice as much as other docs, which I regard as a big negative. Grafts are finite , so choose wisely. Both docs will design hairline and do incisions. They may do a bit (small %) of the extractions, but most of this will be done by the techs. Grafts will be implanted by techs. Feriduni's waiting list is likely to be substantially longer than Erdogans so factor this in too. Feriduni will also be slightly more expensive.

yeh thats fair enough. its really shit with whats going on in the world atm, i was in paris earlier this year and its beautiful... i honestly believe we would be better off with no religion...

• Administrators

In this video Dr. Erdogan is performing the extractions himself as a demonstration, this is how it should be, if techs were better at extracting the dr wouldn't waste his time demonstrating proper form in how to extract the grafts. It's unacceptable that clinics are having nameless technicians do this, one of the most important aspects of the surgery. I believe the tech assisting him is celik who's been doing extractions for 10+years, in that case I wouldn't mind since I know the tech is experienced.

View my thread

Well a couple of things Belgium and turkey safety wise are not far off from eachother, personally I think id feel safer in turkey there haven't been any attacks there,

Oh no? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Ankara_bombings

Anyone who goes to Turkey now need to have his head examined---and not for hair loss.

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

• Administrators
Oh no? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Ankara_bombings

Anyone who goes to Turkey now need to have his head examined---and not or hair loss.

I never said turkey was safe, I said Belgium was not any better especially since the recent Paris attacks many of which connected to Belgium.

Two arrested in raids across Brussels – POLITICO

Both countries are harboring Islamic extremist, so in that aspect pick your poison, that was my point.

View my thread

I've sent the doc an email asking for a refund. It's just to tought of a think to hop back in the chair per say and have the same doc do the same procedure again. I really am not sure id even try again but if I want to I should have the option of not having to pay for another procedure when i paid for the first failed procedure.

• 4 months later...
.....It's unacceptable that clinics are having nameless technicians do this, one of the most important aspects of the surgery. I believe the tech assisting him is celik who's been doing extractions for 10+years, in that case I wouldn't mind since I know the tech is experienced.

I would agree that 'nameless technicians' shouldnt be let loose on a patients head.

I understand Dr Feriduni's techs have all been with him for years, some of them have been doing HTs longer than some Doctors - my own personal opinion is that Feriduni's techs are actually far more skillful than a lot of Doctors...