Opinions on the following docs

NewHare

Boy what a difference a few months make...

Curious if you could expand. I was an avid lurker of this website in 2011-2013 when I was making my doctor decisions and he was in the "top group" back then. I only have just returned in late 2015 so am curious what happened.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Curious if you could expand. I was an avid lurker of this website in 2011-2013 when I was making my doctor decisions and he was in the "top group" back then. I only have just returned in late 2015 so am curious what happened.

I wouldn't have included him in my top group then either. Definitely a very good surgeon, but to expand on Leftygopher is talking about is the fact that since July 2015, Dr Feller no longer performs surgeries exclusively himself, but rather performs a combo with his new apprentice Dr Bloxham who only qualified as a doctor 6 or so months ago. In addition, the patient has absolutely no say in which surgeon performs the critical aspects of the surgery, and Dr Feller has to date refused to clarify the level of supervision he provides Dr Bloxham when he performs the surgery. It's highly likely that Dr Bloxham could be making incisions into the recepient area without Feller in the room. So what a patient received in 2011 is not what he gets today. The final results may be just as good, but we won't know for at least another year.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm from California traveled to Miinneapolis and Chicago to meet with top forum recommended surgeons. Never limit you search. Listen to the members, best thing I ever did.

Ditto. Went with Konior and couldn't be happier.

Do at least 6 months of research before you pull the trigger. I was going to go with another forum doc because he was local (not in the "top 5" of FUT) and am glad I changed my mind.

Dr. Feller is a master hair transplant surgeon. I've seen for myself. Very nice and friendly and really cares for his work and patients. You can't go wrong with him. He changed the lives of two of my best friends for the better and for that I will always applaude him.

• 2 weeks later...

He had a few remarkably bad outcomes on the forums a little while back, threatened to sue a patient (or a website?) for posting his results, couldn't take Dr. Trump seriously after that.

Wesley is solid, but agree with the earlier poster in that I haven't seen anyone remarkable coming out of New York for quite awhile either, at least as far as cases submitted by patients, or in the doctor reviews subforum.

The cases submitted by the physicians are not helpful to me, essentially the same as going to their websites. If coalition membership were heavily (or exclusively) based on patient submitted cases I think it would be more meaningful.