NW 6/7 HT New Delhi/NCR region

harin

• Administrators

Amazing bro, proof BHT with scalp hair works happy for you man.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Amazing bro, proof BHT with scalp hair works happy for you man.

Thanks brother, check out I posted some top pictures. Overall..very, very happy. Thanks again for your encouraging words.

Hopefully some more thickening by 6-7 months, and more growth hopefully overall.......keeping my fingers crossed.

My Thread: 

PROCEDURE AND GRAFTS:

Day 1 – Oct 12 th – scalp hair only – 2400 odd grafts for hairline and frontal 1/3 rd.

Day 2 – Oct 13 th – scalp and beard mix – 2400 odd grafts (total 3640 grafts harvested from the scalp donor region on first 2 days which was higher than expected due to decent scalp donor density, on day 4 more scalp grafts were extracted)

Day – 3 – Oct14 th – Beard hair only 2100 odd grafts for back and vertex.

Day – 4 – November 2 – 2158 beard and head combination HT- combination beard and scalp donor hairs for whorl creation and the reminder of the scalp at the back

Total 9058 grafts, unfortunately I do not have exact breakdown of 1's,2's, 3's and 4's.

I wonder if 9000 grafts is the most anyone has had in 1 "procedure" - I realize this was over course of a few weeks but that is close enough I'd consider it 1 procedure. You basically had 6900 at once and then a touch up of 2158 immediately after. Reminds me of the H&W guy who did 10K grafts in a decade or so, but you did it all in a few weeks. Holy smoke.

And that's a boatload of hair for 5 months - my first thought you are an early grower but my second thought is you had so many grafts placed in it's just normal growth but your density is more than most people since most of us are doing a 3500 graft situation and say 50% grow in by month 5 = 1750 grafts. You had 9000 so if 50% grow in by month 5 = 4500 grafts.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

I wonder if 9000 grafts is the most anyone has had in 1 "procedure" - I realize this was over course of a few weeks but that is close enough I'd consider it 1 procedure. You basically had 6900 at once and then a touch up of 2158 immediately after. Reminds me of the H&W guy who did 10K grafts in a decade or so, but you did it all in a few weeks. Holy smoke.

My doctor did comment that he was glad that he waited few weeks before crown and whorl creation after 3 days of back to back....just so that he would know what density he needed to use whilst creating whorl and to the back of the head.

Yes might be the largest session in one go on this forum, but I can tell you that Drs. Arika and Pradeep have done plenty of cases just like me with fantastic results, that is why I chose them in the first place, you could see plenty of such examples on their webpage at eugenix India.

My Thread: 

Amazing results!!! I remember when I went for my first transplant, I told the doctor I want a certain amount of density. She said it was impossible due the low donor density I already have. However, after seeing your thread, I finally see hope.

When I see successfully results like your it really makes me happy.

Thanks Khali. Appreciate your kind words.

I took some more hairline and crown pictures. As you may see crown work was done few weeks after frontal and mid scalp work. I was told by my doctor that the crown will fill in slower than other parts and to give it time.

Best thing is......no kinky beard hairs!, I hardly feel any difference between beard and scalp hairs. These pictures were taken today. Exactly 5 months since my HT, 4 months and 1 week since crown HT.

This last picture is where I started!!!, I cannot still believe it looking at the pre and post difference....sea change....

tmp_20153-20160316_211825-1-236308357.thumb.jpg.1982664e713455c8bf1695eb98903231.jpg

tmp_20153-20160316_211638-2124568443.jpg.6b2b451969ffde94fb7384b4a15b4e03.jpg

tmp_20153-20160316_211658-11943929957.thumb.jpg.14fb1b700efcb9fd7b792050fd82370f.jpg

tmp_20153-20160316_211820-1-1612372827.jpg.e27be9dccee71444378d6a5526a8f3b7.jpg

20150301_173146-1.thumb.jpg.f054e2a7a7ea733f473601c454f68e20.jpg

Edited by harin

My Thread: 

• Administrators

Harin i'm truly sincerely happy for you brother, from where you came to now is nothing short of a miracle seriously. I'm amazed, just by looking at the photos I can tell your appearance has changed tremendously for the better, I look to this thread whenever I start to fear my own future hair loss, I look at your thread because I know that's where I will end, you're 10 years older than me so it makes sense that I have more hair now, but if I can maintain what I have now and in another 10 years end up with how you look present I would be more than happy. You have literally become the gold standard for anyone complete norwood 6. Again bro congrats man.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Here you go. Beard pics. Absolutely no scar. Has healed extremely.well. plenty more hairs left for another touch up if I need it. Right side looks the same.

tmp_20153-20160312_201150-1-1886823346.thumb.jpg.051d82ce6ace48fcb80163bdc7c5a0aa.jpg

tmp_20153-20160312_201155-1-781115614.thumb.jpg.ea6f5d84df3fe2e3a46072aca3b4a043.jpg

My Thread: 

Harin i'm truly sincerely happy for you brother, from where you came to now is nothing short of a miracle seriously. I'm amazed, just by looking at the photos I can tell your appearance has changed tremendously for the better, I look to this thread whenever I start to fear my own future hair loss, I look at your thread because I know that's where I will end, you're 10 years older than me so it makes sense that I have more hair now, but if I can maintain what I have now and in another 10 years end up with how you look present I would be more than happy. You have literally become the gold standard for anyone complete norwood 6. Again bro congrats man.

Thanks bro. In fact I am still seeing some new growth. So in coming 2-3 months it will only thicken up further, hopefully it will look even more thicker,....but even now I am extremely happy.....

And that too all this with absolutely "NO MEDS"!. I could not be happier.

Goes onto really show talent of my HT doctor on top of good healing nature of the skin. (plus I truly believe that the DHT technique they use leads to better growth than traditional FUE)

Also sometimes it is worthwhile to research doctors who may not be recommended here, or may not have interest in getting onto the forum but have been doing fabulous work with meticulous care in HT world.

I truly feel lucky to have had my HT with Drs. Arika and Pradeep at Eugenix India.

Thx to all the kind words guys, appreciate it.

Edited by harin

My Thread: 

Mothers fathers, hide your daughters. Harin has his hair back and looking to cruise town :)

ha, ha...thx bro, happily married to a truly wonderful woman...the love of my life...:)

My Thread: 

• 2 weeks later...
Here you go. Beard pics. Absolutely no scar. Has healed extremely.well. plenty more hairs left for another touch up if I need it. Right side looks the same.

Hi Harin,

Could you please share some pre op pics of your beard? Thanks in advance

Hi Harin,

Could you please share some pre op pics of your beard? Thanks in advance

Pre-op pictures are with grown beard hairs, shaven pre-op looked pretty much the same as it looks now. posted in the albums. you can check out my profile and albums where in I have posted those pictures. thanks for your kind words of encouragement.

My Thread: 

Pre-op pictures are with grown beard hairs, shaven pre-op looked pretty much the same as it looks now. posted in the albums. you can check out my profile and albums where in I have posted those pictures. thanks for your kind words of encouragement.

Hi Harin,

Thank you for ur response and pointing me out to ur albums. I am curious to see how beard with grown hairs compare pre-op & post-op.

Also could you please share the number of grafts taken from your scalp, beard and any other regions? I read through your post multiple times but am still confused on where the grafts were taken from and the breakdown of hairs in those grafts (eg: x grafts have 1 hair, y grafts has 2 hairs, etc...)

Thanks again :)

Sorry n00b,

Iknow including hairs taken for whorl creation on day 4 close to 4000 hairs were taken from scalp. Rest all from beard.

All beard hairs are 1 hairs. Didn't keep the count of 1's,2's and 3's from scalp. Unfortunately didn't think about keeping this count at that time. Rest assured I did have sizeable number of 2's, 3's and even 4's per my doctor.

My Thread: 

Sorry n00b,

Iknow including hairs taken for whorl creation on day 4 close to 4000 hairs were taken from scalp. Rest all from beard.

All beard hairs are 1 hairs. Didn't keep the count of 1's,2's and 3's from scalp. Unfortunately didn't think about keeping this count at that time. Rest assured I did have sizeable number of 2's, 3's and even 4's per my doctor.

Thanks for the information harin. Can you someday share a post op beard with grown hairs, please?

Wow, your result is pretty mind blowing already with improvement to come. Awesome result, as a fellow high NW this is very encouraging. How have friends/acquaintances reacted to your new hair/appearance?

Wow, your result is pretty mind blowing already with improvement to come. Awesome result, as a fellow high NW this is very encouraging. How have friends/acquaintances reacted to your new hair/appearance?

People who used to see me everyday are of course suspicious whatever happened, but if people ask directly I just tell them the truth that I had a HT. The talk stops there. They seem to be surprised that it looks natural and not a shred of evidence that this is a HT apart from the fact that I was completely bald before now with head full of hair.

If it was not mentioned already, Dr. Sethi uses the PCID tool.

Cole Punches, Sava implanters, Ellis graft extraction forceps (manual), Carl-Zeiss loops and Motorized punches with manual extraction.CIT PCID system is being used by many successful doctors per a post on this forum.

Link to thread: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169281-ultimate-manual-versus-motorized-fue-thread.html

List is given below:

CIT PCID system with sharp tip punch

Doctors using motorized punches:

-Hakan Doganay(Undetermined)

-Ron Shapiro(SAFE system, also use ARTAS)

-Alexander(Undetermined motorized device)

-Cooley(undetermined motorized device and also ARTAS)

-Wesley(SAFE system)(circa 2,000 grafts a day maximum)

-Feller(Feller motorized punch)(circa 800 grafts per session, no split days)

-Umar(Undetermined)

-Paul Shapiro(SAFE system, also uses ARTAS)

-Harris(SAFE system, also uses ARTAS)

-Mwamba(LEAD System, uses manual also)

-Diep(Undetermined, uses manual also)

-Devroye(Custom device with CIT punch, uses manual for beardwork and repair of old plugs/FUE)

-True(CIT motorized device with sharp tip)

-Lindsey(Feller motorized punch)

-Charles(Undetermined, also uses ARTAS)

-Bernstein(SAFE system also uses ARTAS)

-Dorin(CIT motorized device with sharp tip)

-Rahal(SAFE system,also uses ARTAS)(circa 3,000 grafts in one session)

-Bhatti(SAFE system and Kowloon/SAFE punches)

hope this helps.

My Thread: 

The pics looks really good ! I think you are in for some great results, good luck.

Looks like these docs are not recommended here. Where can I find pictures of Dr Arika's previous cases ?

Dear Harin

looking at your progress, I am really pleased for you and impressed by the skill of Dr Arika. Need to know if the used beard hair only from underneath chin or also used from the sides of the face? Has there been any scars on your face if taken from the face?

I am also NW6/7 and considering to have another HT with either Dr Bhatti(will see him in the UK) next month to see if he is happy to perform my HT. My second option would be Dr Pradeep Sethi.

Well done, waiting for your reply

sultsay