NW 6/7 HT New Delhi/NCR region

harin

Hello. I just joined this website. I have been reading a lot of the threads and blogs.

When you said

"In my experience it takes longer for beard hair to activate compared to scalp hair, so I think your well ahead of schedule"

Does this mean the hair was taken from the beard area?

If this is the case, why would the hair be taken from the beard area?

Does this mean the hair was taken from the beard area?

Yes, I've had a hair transplant (repair) and the hair was taken exclusively from the beard

If you refer back to Harin's opening post you will see that he's had a hybrid transplant (mixture of scalp hair and beard hair) and several thousand grafts were taken from the beard.

If this is the case, why would the hair be taken from the beard area?

Beard hair is normally only used if there is insufficient capacity in the donor area or to repair scars from previous surgery.

Yes, I've had a hair transplant (repair) and the hair was taken exclusively from the beard

If you refer back to Harin's opening post you will see that he's had a hybrid transplant (mixture of scalp hair and beard hair) and several thousand grafts were taken from the beard.

Beard hair is normally only used if there is insufficient capacity in the donor area or to repair scars from previous surgery.

Thank you for your responses. After posting my original questions I went back to re-read the opening post. I honestly just scanned the original post the first time around. I did not know you could get donor hair from your beard. I am new and I am considering Hair transplant/restoration however I just starting my research now and I am not aware of all the different options and techniques available.

Dr. Arika Bansal,M.D. of Eugenix hair clinic, Gurgaon near New Delhi. You can google eugenix hair transplant India and browse thru their website. You can always pm me if you need more info.

My Thread: 

Here you go!!!,

Just 2 days shy of 4 months!. I could not get good pictures of the back of crown but anyway the back of crown was done approx 2-3 weeks after the frontal 2/3rd.

I thought I would update couple of months later but the growth seems to have accelerated off late.

please see attached pictures, seems like there has been some good growth over past 2-3 weeks. Particularly with new hairs and thickening of the mid scalp and the crown as well. Still seeing numerous small whisp of hairs in between the current ones at this time. Hoping over next 3-4 months it fills in even better.

Top picture is taken in direct light and uncombed hair.

Comments and auggestions are welcome!.

Link to the photo album is at the bottom. Thx.

Apologize for inconsistent photo quality of some pictures, I think it is due to camera motion blur.

Last picture shows the place where I started - a NW6/7 tothis so far has been amazing journey!.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/user_album_update.php?album_id=4452

20160214_203339-1.thumb.jpg.c4960d736f3b378e8cdfabee9b21bbdb.jpg

20160214_203351-1.thumb.jpg.790be026adb18344a870d676f6e8cb88.jpg

20160214_203448-1.thumb.jpg.10276d29043447effae6b494ba88ddad.jpg

20160214_203451-1.thumb.jpg.ce1aaf17454a43da648908218e521f35.jpg

20150301_173146-1.thumb.jpg.59106c3dffb343eb2194ab83a21613c8.jpg

Edited by harin

My Thread: 

Thanks E39,

No meds, no supplements. Previously about 5-6 years ago I did use Minoxidil 5%,but it caused severe itching and scalp scaling. Currently on no meds.

Edited by harin

My Thread: 

• Administrators

Wow looking amazing Harin, man im so happy for you brother, at 4 months you're way ahead of schedule.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Wow looking amazing Harin, man im so happy for you brother, at 4 months you're way ahead of schedule.

Thanks HTsoon!, aim is to ultimately reach the density achieved by your transplant!, seems like a gold standard in HT circles now-a-dayz:D.

But overall I am very happy. I sent these pictures to my doctor and she said another 3-4 months are needed before some maturation and further growth fully manifests. Keeping my fingers crossed bro. Praying for both of us. Thanks again.

My Thread: 

Excellent progress so far harin .

Good to follow other high NW cases as a point of reference . I'm at 8 weeks post op and possibly a bit impatient for things to happen ( aren't we all ?). However , seeing the changes from your 2 month to 4 month pictures was a good boost . If I get anything like similar growth over the next 2 months I'll be a happy chappy ,

Excellent progress so far harin .

Good to follow other high NW cases as a point of reference . I'm at 8 weeks post op and possibly a bit impatient for things to happen ( aren't we all ?). However , seeing the changes from your 2 month to 4 month pictures was a good boost . If I get anything like similar growth over the next 2 months I'll be a happy chappy ,

Thanks Chris39 - for me there has been significant changes over the past 3-4 weeks.

My Thread: 

Wish you the best, it seems you have gone from norwood 7 to like 2 or even 1

What were the grafts used and numbers ?

How much in pounds estimate would this be just to get an idea i mean over or under price ?

It would be good to see cases of transplants not only before and after treatment but like in 5 to 10+ years time too

• Administrators
Wish you the best, it seems you have gone from norwood 7 to like 2 or even 1

What were the grafts used and numbers ?

How much in pounds estimate would this be just to get an idea i mean over or under price ?

It would be good to see cases of transplants not only before and after treatment but like in 5 to 10+ years time too

Rashid, I think in cases like Harin the majority of the hair he was going to lose was lost, I know and understand youre weary of continuous hairloss, but it seems that you have already lost the majority of your hair, the hair you have left would not make a significant impact aesthetically speaking because it is miniaturized, I'm fairly certain Harin's result will look just as good in 10 years from now.

Unless you expect your donor hair to fall out I don't think you'll see much more hairloss, you'll have to be evaluated in person by a physician to make sure your donor is not miniaturized but in my opinion the majority of your donor looked good with the exception of the nape. When doctors tell young men to be careful and plan for future hair loss these young men typically have a lot of hair, in your case most of the hair is gone so I believe it is safer to proceed as your hair loss pattern is established, of course there are no guarantees but it would be very rare if you actually experienced even further hairloss. Most men who are Norwood 7 reach that by 35. I'll give you examples Brian Baumgartner from the office Norwood 7 by 35, Steve Ballmer Norwood 7 by 35, Patrick Stewart Norwood 7 by 35, it would be rare if you actually became Norwood 7 after.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@ HTsoon I totally agree.

@Rashid35 breakdown of dates and grafts are as below. (you can also find it on page 1 of this thread).

PROCEDURE AND GRAFTS:

Day 1 – Oct 12 th – scalp hair only – 2400 odd grafts for hairline and frontal 1/3 rd.

Day 2 – Oct 13 th – scalp and beard mix – 2400 odd grafts (total 3640 grafts harvested from the scalp donor region on first 2 days which was higher than expected due to decent scalp donor density, on day 4 more scalp grafts were extracted)

Day – 3 – Oct14 th – Beard hair only 2100 odd grafts for back and vertex.

Day – 4 – November 2 – 2158 beard and head combination HT- combination beard and scalp donor hairs for whorl creation and the reminder of the scalp at the back

Total 9058 grafts, unfortunately I do not have exact breakdown of 1's,2's, 3's and 4's.

Regarding the price,it often varies with exchange rates and inflation, but once a clinic agrees on the price they never go back on it whatsoever.

At present I believe it is little bit less than 1 pound sterling per graft.

You can mail or call the clinic directly and ask. (obviously a steal compared to US prices) - specially when a HT surgeon can produce such results consistently.

Edited by harin

My Thread: 

I have 2 questions which probably are dumb but just curious since I know nothing about the body hair transplant (and beard)

#1 does hair from diff parts of body grow at diff speed? i.e. scalp v beard v body. Meaning will you have to do haircuts more often because the transplanted body hair for example grows 20% faster than scalp hair. Or will they all grow the same rate go forward?

#2 are you limited in hair length because the different hairs have different form once they pass a certain length? specifically body hair vs scalp/beard hair. I guess I envision body hair to be more "spindly" when it gets long - I dont think that is a real word but I guess I imagine it doesnt hold the same firm form when it is longer vs a beard or scalp hair? Or is that incorrect.

Thanks.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

I have 2 questions which probably are dumb but just curious since I know nothing about the body hair transplant (and beard)

#1 does hair from diff parts of body grow at diff speed? i.e. scalp v beard v body. Meaning will you have to do haircuts more often because the transplanted body hair for example grows 20% faster than scalp hair. Or will they all grow the same rate go forward?

#2 are you limited in hair length because the different hairs have different form once they pass a certain length? specifically body hair vs scalp/beard hair. I guess I envision body hair to be more "spindly" when it gets long - I dont think that is a real word but I guess I imagine it doesnt hold the same firm form when it is longer vs a beard or scalp hair? Or is that incorrect.

Thanks.

Hi thisguy,

(Not attempting to hijack this thread but just responding to your questions on BHT)

In our practice, we have observed the beard grafts growing at the same speed as the scalp hair. To make things better, it would be very hard to tell the beard hairs from the scalp after the transplanted hair has grown out.

Chest hairs can take a little longer to grow as compared to the scalp and beard hairs.

To demonstrate how the scalp hair and the beard hair "blends in" nicely, attaching some pictures of a Dr. Bhatti's 28 years old patient who had a low scalp donor and for whom 2000 scalp grafts and 600 beard grafts were used. The result is seen after 7 months.

For Patients with a scarce scalp donor, Dr. Bhatti likes to plant scalp hair within the first 1.5 cm along the hairline, mix scalp grafts with beard grafts in a laid down optimal ratio till the highest point of the head. For the crown area he encourages his Patients to accept a low density preferably with chest grafts or chest grafts with a sprinkling of scalp grafts. He never use beard hair for the crown area. It is only to be used for the mid-scalp and just behind the hairline.

I hope this helps clarify some of the questions on BHT.

Best regards,

California

pre_op_1.thumb.jpg.2d4a0c3ca54f3ac9cb314501deacbadb.jpg

pre_op_2.thumb.jpg.2d4f09b2118511cba8c95cc2d64e65ca.jpg

pre_op_3.thumb.jpg.e8880f3a43af1ef7bc7318980b7245f6.jpg

post_op_7months_1.thumb.jpg.a8e9d4f5772133a1fb7cda99f5b82712.jpg

post_op_7months_2.thumb.jpg.689e4c38783f8510fcf1b152990aa0d7.jpg

post_op_7months_3.thumb.jpg.75eecc7aa79a3623e0c7ba4a59c3e0d4.jpg

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi thisguy,

(Not attempting to hijack this thread but just responding to your questions on BHT)

In our practice, we have observed the beard grafts growing at the same speed as the scalp hair. To make things better, it would be very hard to tell the beard hairs from the scalp after the transplanted hair has grown out.

Chest hairs can take a little longer to grow as compared to the scalp and beard hairs.

To demonstrate how the scalp hair and the beard hair "blends in" nicely, attaching some pictures of a Dr. Bhatti's 28 years old patient who had a low scalp donor and for whom 2000 scalp grafts and 600 beard grafts were used. The result is seen after 7 months.

For Patients with a scarce scalp donor, Dr. Bhatti likes to plant scalp hair within the first 1.5 cm along the hairline, mix scalp grafts with beard grafts in a laid down optimal ratio till the highest point of the head. For the crown area he encourages his Patients to accept a low density preferably with chest grafts or chest grafts with a sprinkling of scalp grafts. He never use beard hair for the crown area. It is only to be used for the mid-scalp and just behind the hairline.

I hope this helps clarify some of the questions on BHT.

Best regards,

California

@California, nice result by Dr. Bhatti, both patient and doctor must be very happy, however in my opinion you have successfully hijacked the thread!, u r very much employable as a hijacker.

:D, just kidding.

Thanks.

@Thisguy1 - #1 So far I have seen beard hairs grow little faster than scalp grafts, however so far (keeping my fingers crossed) I have not seen any significant change in texture and appearance of beard hairs compared to scalp ones. (again this depends on your beard hair quality).

#2 Beard hairs grow long as well and relatively DHT resistant, It is important to use both beard and scalp hairs together especially if your beard hairs are coarse so that the transplanted hairs donot appear coarse.

As many surgeons - so many opinions onto how the beard hairs should be used. Most clinics that I contacted told me that they DO NOT use it in frontal 1/3 rd at all and use it mainly for middle portion and some in crown. Again this is what most clinics said.

I have seem some hair transplants where hairlines have received beard grafts looking like ''Broom Bristles'', in my humble opinion planting too many beard grafts causes the hairline to look coarse and unnatural.

For example look at these threads of patients' of Dr. Umar. I will let you draw your own conclusions.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181433-nw-7-baldness-transformed-using-ugraft-body-hair-transplant-dr-u.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179012-patient%92s-hair-transplant-repair-results-dr-umar-before-after-11-000-grafts.html

Edited by harin

My Thread: 

Thanks everyone some really good points made. Excellent discussion / opinion/ advice.

I'm thinking to get my donor area checked out...

Many clinics said they can get between 2000 to 3000 hair grafts (fue) from donor area.

One doctor told me by email they can get 600 grafts from my beard.

So in total give or take, if its correct, 3600 grafts, would this be enough? This sounds less to me ?

Edited by Rashid35

• 4 weeks later...

4 days shy of 5 months, traveling so no time to take pictures, posting 2 taken from my smartphone. frontal and top only.

Overall,hairs growing longer, frontal thickness has improved. Looks thicker than last month. Crown pictures will post later, crown less thicker than front and top, but was done few weeks after frontal was done so I assume will continue to grow and thicken for few more months.

When wet it looks little thin, but when dry it looks very good and thick enough, no one has been able to tell that these are transplanted hairs so far. So overall even if I get 10% more thickness over next 2-3 months (given its only 5 th month now) it would come out look awesome.

more to come later next week.

20160312_100851-1.thumb.jpg.22a71c37df9b176918a01e5aac11ebb0.jpg

20160312_100851-2.thumb.jpg.3b61757c9dec8e6c1c0e619e69fd6b17.jpg

20160312_144755-1.thumb.jpg.af097a841db87579e414df48a6aa9569.jpg

20160312_144817-1.thumb.jpg.ee49a18edd9cd93213f71a8d1b3ce462.jpg

20160312_144822-1.thumb.jpg.1e6012a458c61bb28db291152a815032.jpg

Edited by harin

My Thread: