Dr. Carlos K. Wesley (NYC): Hairline Revision of Prior Transplant (1836 FU)

Nearly one decade after having a transplant with a different North American surgeon, this patient eventually decided that he was fed up with the exposed grafts throughout his hairline and wanted to do something about it. He can be seen before and only six (6) months after his 1836 -graft FUT procedure with Dr. Carlos Wesley. During the surgery, his hair follicles were incubated in PRP and ACell.

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide2.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have attached magnified images of this patient’s donor and recipient areas that were taken during our initial consultation together. As you can see, the prior transplant (performed at a different surgical clinic) left grafts in the recipient area that were originally spaced at a density that resulted in an unnatural-appearing pattern. The healthy caliber (thickness) of the transplanted hairs was inconsistent with the wide spacing (10-15 grafts/cm2) between them.

Different types of grafts should be distributed in different densities according to their number of hairs and the caliber of each hair shaft. In this example, transplanting at an average density of 35-40 grafts/cm2 throughout much of the frontal half resulted in a more natural-appearing fullness (as seen in the global before & after paired images).

JARECIPTXDFRONT.jpg

JADONOR.jpg

Great results with less than 2,000 grafts. Very nice detailed pictures. Thanks for sharing the close-ups.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 7 months later...