Dr Hasson 660 hairline grafts update

Aftermath

Congrats!! I just did my first op with 2500 grafts and am still waiting for the results....Did the doctor estimate how many grafts available in your donor area? Do you feel any side effect of Propecia?

Congrats!! I just did my first op with 2500 grafts and am still waiting for the results....Did the doctor estimate how many grafts available in your donor area? Do you feel any side effect of Propecia?

Ive had a few larger procedures, I'm probably around the 11k mark so not much left via strip, but i did have a consultation with dr Lorenzo around 18 months ago and he estimated I had another 4k left via FUE. been on propecia since 2011 and not one side effect thankfully! who was your doctor?

• Administrators

11snmhd.jpg

Wow just wow

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
Aftermath, looking good, 10,000 grafts and 9 years is a huge journey. How much $ have you spent getting your hair back?

I think some people will assume your transformation is just from the 600 fue lol

Thanks mate, yeah it's been a long journey but in all honesty I probably could've stopped after my first H&W procedure, it's just been tweaks ever since, temple points, crown, hairline. The thickness was there after one pass though. I honestly couldn't tell you what I've spent over the years. What I can tell you is that I honestly don't regret a penny of it. My hair is better now than at 18, better hairline, thicker, easier to style. If I had it all to do again I would! Only thing I'd change is that I'd have gone to dr hasson sooner

Incredible results. Just curious if you care to share how much do you think you spent on all this? You've had what sounds like 4 cross Atlantic trips along with the surgeries and hotel stays etc but the pound vs dollar exchange rate probably helped.

That's just a lot of loose change to find by age 33. ;)

p.s. once you got your hair back to this level did you go to a stylist to decide on a style or did you have something you always had in mind - and how did you learn to style it that well? I know it sounds simple but with your style to make it "messy" is actually an art haha.

Edited by thisguy1

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Incredible results. Just curious if you care to share how much do you think you spent on all this? You've had what sounds like 4 cross Atlantic trips along with the surgeries and hotel stays etc but the pound vs dollar exchange rate probably helped.

That's just a lot of loose change to find by age 33. ;)

p.s. once you got your hair back to this level did you go to a stylist to decide on a style or did you have something you always had in mind - and how did you learn to style it that well? I know it sounds simple but with your style to make it "messy" is actually an art haha.

I'm actually 35 now but I would estimate a lot! There was the first surgery in Manchester before H&W as well. I think that was in the region of ?6000, then probably 9000 grafts with H&W so in dollars 16k + 10k + 5k + 3.5k = 34.5k so in ? it's around ?25. So that's 31k before travelling. Flights probably 1000 x 4 so 35k. Now hotel. I stayed 2weeks the first twice and a week the two other times so 42 nights at the wall centre at around 120? per night is ?5000. So a ballpark figure is 40k in British pounds. that's the price of a midrange merc or bmw so to me it's worth every penny

Just saw your edit. As far as style goes it's just a style I happened upon. My hair is fairly easy to style but there is a knack. I tend to use a blow dryer, styling putty and gel spray to set. It started getting a bit high due to the length so at the moment I wear it slashed back which I actually prefer and is getting easier the longer it gets. Also tried the other day styling it forward. It looked really good but didn't suit my face.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Dude I change my verdict, this result is the best result i've seen hands down, jeez its freaking amazing it looks like natural density, I would never ever be able to tell you have any issues with balding at all. Have you ever tried Topical Fin? thinking about ordering it from H&W.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I've defeated my laziness and a actually looked myself. Here's the prices (I got the quote for 3,500 grafts).

FUT: Up to 2000 grafts: $5 / graft FUE: First 2000 grafts: $8 / graft

Each graft over 2000 grafts in the same surgical session :$3 / graft Each graft over 2000 grafts in the same surgical session: $6 / graft

FUT Cost: $14,500* FUE Cost: $25,000*

*before tax

I guess that's in Canadian dollars. Which GBP has a pretty favourable exchange rate over right now.

Dude I change my verdict, this result is the best result i've seen hands down, jeez its freaking amazing it looks like natural density, I would never ever be able to tell you have any issues with balding at all. Have you ever tried Topical Fin? thinking about ordering it from H&W.

Thanks mate, really appreciate that comment, I think the transformation you've had is equally as impressive though when you look at where you came from and factor in that you had FUE. I only heard about topical fin the other day, didn't realise H&W were selling it, might be worth looking into although the tablets work well for me and with no sides so not sure I'd risk it

I've defeated my laziness and a actually looked myself. Here's the prices (I got the quote for 3,500 grafts).

FUT: Up to 2000 grafts: $5 / graft FUE: First 2000 grafts: $8 / graft

Each graft over 2000 grafts in the same surgical session :$3 / graft Each graft over 2000 grafts in the same surgical session: $6 / graft

FUT Cost: $14,500* FUE Cost: $25,000*

*before tax

I guess that's in Canadian dollars. Which GBP has a pretty favourable exchange rate over right now.

I believe it's USD not CAD but I could be wrong. Regardless of the price though I'd choose ft hasson every time!

• Administrators
Thanks mate, really appreciate that comment, I think the transformation you've had is equally as impressive though when you look at where you came from and factor in that you had FUE. I only heard about topical fin the other day, didn't realise H&W were selling it, might be worth looking into although the tablets work well for me and with no sides so not sure I'd risk it

Yea I unfortunately get sides from the tablets:( so I'm willing to give the topical a shot, what kind of wax or pomade do you use?

View my thread

Yea I unfortunately get sides from the tablets:( so I'm willing to give the topical a shot, what kind of wax or pomade do you use?

Aftermath, just curious if you dyed your hair - your before pics seem to have lighter hair. The result of your last HT, of course, looks very impressive indeed.

Actually started using different styling products the last couple of months, I think that's what's making my hair appear darker as I actually haven't dyed it but as far as what I use at the moment in my hair, this is my routine:

Wash with American Crewe shampoo

Comb back and part hair then blow dry

Rogaine foam wait until it absorbs and drys (rub in)

Damp hair slightly and comb through then apply American Crewe light hold texture lotion

Blow dry to style

Apply American Crewe fiber

Hold in place with freeze hold hair spray (TREsemme)