Did Dr Hakan Doganay use fake accounts for publicity?Read this and decide it yourself

paleocapa89

Bill,

I respect the balancing act you're up against and need to remain diplomatic. But im sorry, this statement below is unacceptable and a slap in the face to the group:

I am waiting to hear back from them on this and have suggested that the doctor consider getting more involved like he used to which may take care of any possible quality control issues that exist. If the doctor does agreed to become more involved again, I think perhaps we can give him another chance and possibly just put him on probation to see how things go and whether or not they improve over time.

"Suggested that the doctor consider getting more involved" ? He's the doctor!

Would we condone a technician doing a heart transplant? What about an assistant doing a knee replacement? What about brain surgery? Why are we so accepting of this horrifying trend in an already unregulated yet growing area of medicine.

Couldn't agree more. If this Doctor continues to be recommended, the credibility of this website is totally shot.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I previously recall reading that the membership dues for a recommended surgeon on this website annually translate into the approximate cost of a single hair transplant procedure. I would estimate this is in the 1K/month range? In other words, each recommended surgeon generates this website roughly $12,000 annually? I'm just estimating and am well aware that some procedures can cost $3,000 (and some 20k+ depending on who's operating on you). In my world, this is not a small chunk of change - especially when considering the 60+ recommended surgeons here. Do the math.

That said, running a website, especially one of this size, has serious overhead. Good hosting and servers are not free, web developers and marketers don't work for free, and I would hope that the website owners/staff can take home enough salary for this to be their full time gig.

My point is that this is obviously a delicate balancing act between the website owners being able to generate profit to keep the machine turning + also retaining the ever so important credibility that allows the website to collect membership dues from high profile surgeons in the first place. Speaking from personal experience, this website had a fairly large influence in my decision to choose a surgeon - thankfully i'm very happy with my choice but i would hate to see HRN start to slip with what's the backbone of this entire community - the recommended surgeons.

Regardless of how you feel about paleocapa89's case (yes it's still early to outright say if he will in fact have a bad result) you have to respect that he is helping generate a valuable discussion regarding the credibility and the on going quality control (or lack thereof in some cases) with some of these surgeons. Wishing you all the best paleo.

I've been on vacation for the past couple of weeks with limited Internet connectivity so I"m not currently up on this topic. But I can respond to some of the recent comments/questions.

First, this community has revoked recommendation a number of times in the past for various reasons. Longtime members will know this.

Regarding the profits/expenses of this community, it's true that running a community of sites of this size costs a ton of money. I'm a part-time employee and I'm not involved in the financial aspects but I know that there are many expenses including hosting, security and web development just to name a few. This does not even take into account the tens of thousands that Pat has spent over the years defending our right to free speech from baseless lawsuits.

Pat, Bill and I are committed patient advocates. We're hair loss sufferers and hair transplant patients with a real desire to help others avoid common pitfalls and find the best surgeons available.

I know it's tempting to believe that recommendation can be bought or that money is the first priority when considering whether or not to revoke a physician's recommendation but just take a moment and think about it. If that were true, how long would this community survive? Recommendations would be worthless and the that would be evident from the bulk of the results being produced. This is not the case in reality.

The truth is that the bulk of the results being produced by recommended physicians is top notch. I found both my docs via this site and I'm glad that I did.

Just as we don't recommend doctors at the drop of a hat, we don't withdraw recommendation willy-nilly either but we do take all patient concerns seriously.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Bill,

I respect the balancing act you're up against and need to remain diplomatic. But im sorry, this statement below is unacceptable and a slap in the face to the group:

I am waiting to hear back from them on this and have suggested that the doctor consider getting more involved like he used to which may take care of any possible quality control issues that exist. If the doctor does agreed to become more involved again, I think perhaps we can give him another chance and possibly just put him on probation to see how things go and whether or not they improve over time.

"Suggested that the doctor consider getting more involved" ? He's the doctor!

Would we condone a technician doing a heart transplant? What about an assistant doing a knee replacement? What about brain surgery? Why are we so accepting of this horrifying trend in an already unregulated yet growing area of medicine.

And if he does agree to do the job he's responsible for doing we'll let him hang on probation? Time for some tough love man. The patients should not be forced to set the standards based on poor trends. A poor outcome is inevitable, but one produced by technicans rather than the doctor himself is not ok.

Couldn't agree more. This forum is likely to loose a significant amount of credibility. The Doctors excuse regarding fake accounts make no logical sense and is not excusable. Let alone a handful of poor results.

Very, very disappointing.

Guys,

I am still in the process of speaking with the surgeon and the clinic privately. I did receive an exclamation of all 12 to 15 cases people had concerns about. I have asked the clinic to provide a public explanation, however I am still discussing other things with the clinic privately.

I am dying to know what these explanations were. Did they all suffer from lichen planopilaris or unique freak/mutant physiology? Went to the solarium 3 days post up and got fried?

Sarcasm aside what could possibly these satisfactory explanations be? For educational purposes, patients and forums readers should know why growth can be poor. :confused:

It feels like before surgery, patients are often sold the concept "if surgery is done by an expert, yield will be at least 90 percent"... Once the scabs come off after day 10 it seems like there are many untold secrets impacting growth... It's really frustrating.

I don't understand why everyone thinks that running a forum like this has huge costs. Even if it generates a huge amount of traffic and employs some people full or part time. What do you need? A domain, some dedicated servers, some development and maintenance and some people who work part time as moderators. Even if I assume 200k/year for operating cost - which is an overestimate imo - , if the 65 recommended doctor indeed pay 10k/year that would leave us with 450k/year profit.

Don't get me wrong, I don't envy them for making money, but I often read things that try to justify why they need to make profit to "protect the free speech" and to "keep this community running". I think it should be clear to all that this website is not mother Teresa, nor a non-profit venture. This is a for-profit business. And as such they will face conflict of interests and lobbying. How will they resolve it? I don't know. But in my opinion if you are dealing with such a delicate issue as hair transplant in such a notorious industry, and you state that your mission is to "educate the patients" then much more transparency is needed.

talking about publicity for some surgeons..... anyone able to help explain why Dr Baubac is rated as the #1 hair surgeon on some random sites ive come across and yet forums dont mention hardly anything about him or the alviarmani clinic in beverly hills?? quite confused with this...

• Administrators
I don't understand why everyone thinks that running a forum like this has huge costs. Even if it generates a huge amount of traffic and employs some people full or part time. What do you need? A domain, some dedicated servers, some development and maintenance and some people who work part time as moderators. Even if I assume 200k/year for operating cost - which is an overestimate imo - , if the 65 recommended doctor indeed pay 10k/year that would leave us with 450k/year profit.

Don't get me wrong, I don't envy them for making money, but I often read things that try to justify why they need to make profit to "protect the free speech" and to "keep this community running". I think it should be clear to all that this website is not mother Teresa, nor a non-profit venture. This is a for-profit business. And as such they will face conflict of interests and lobbying. How will they resolve it? I don't know. But in my opinion if you are dealing with such a delicate issue as hair transplant in such a notorious industry, and you state that your mission is to "educate the patients" then much more transparency is needed.

Paleo, what do you think would've happened if you posted this thread on baldtruthtalk? Let me tell you, first the post would be flagged, they'd notify Dr. Doganay to respond, once he would've responded, they'd then place you in moderation so that every single one of your posts would have to be approved by a moderator before being posted. This whole thread would've never occurred and you'd be looking like an obsessive HT patient with no patience, that's how it would've been spun.

Do you know where spencer lives? He lives in calabassas here in California, a very affluent rich neighborhood, I highly doubt bill or pat are living in mansions running this site. I do believe they want to do the right thing, and in doing so they've left this thread opened when they could've put you in moderation and let Dr. Doganay do all the talking.

Even if you're successful in getting Dr. Doganay off this site, guess what he's still on IAHRS, good luck getting him off there, like I said before, HT industry is shady as a whole, I do believe this site is one of the more ethical sites out there, but it's ultimately your responsibility to do your due diligence before having surgery done, you've accepted blame, but you continuously shift the blame to the doctor, the site, I know you were depressed dealing with balding, so was I I'm only 4 years older than you and a lot balder, like I said, I really hope you can put this past you and move on with your life and forget about hair. Focus all of this time and energy on things worthwhile, like relationships, careers, if you focused this much on anything else you'd be a big success, you're really young, time is on your side. Good luck paleo.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I assume this is directed at me. I don't want to derail the thread into business economics (unless everyone finds it appropriate?? :D) but you also need to consider having a business license, possibly business insurance, possibly a lawyer for the cases when doctors will make legal threats for slander, etc. Generally, when your business grows, so does your overhead. We don't know the operating costs, but I'm pretty sure it's more than some dedicated servers and a $10 domain name.

I'm not necessarily saying that I think you're completely wrong but it probably isn't fair to bring all of the financials into the open when we don't have access to the data. I guess this part is my fault for my previous post where I brought up some rough numbers... it wasn't meant as a knock to the site owners - if anything, good on them for creating such a powerful website. Anyone in internet marketing will tell you that it takes a tremendous amount of passion, dedication, and time/WORK to end up with a project that is actually receiving traffic and generating income. My reason for bringing up the economics was only to point how it's most certainly a delicate balancing act for the owners to keep the business running (bills to pay, families to support, etc) but to also make sure that the integrity of their product/brand is not compromised.

To play devil's advocate, you also have to consider all the additional revenue a site like this brings in outside of the recommended doctors. Being an internet authority in virtually any niche (let alone one like cosmetic surgery where your audience is vulnerable and willing to try anything...) gives you limitless possibilities for revenue streams - affiliate links, selling hair products, etc

Edited by butchcoolidge

I will concur that pure operational cost of this site is not that much in a grand scheme of things. Only HTN knows their real traffic numbers BUT I can guess it fairly accurately. Alexa has HTN ranked at 111k . My site has a 60k alexa score. So I can guess pretty well what's required to run this site. My site with 680k registered users runs on 4 dedicated servers and I can probably consolidate it to 3 servers.

P.S. not a stab at the mods of this site. Just a pure observation.

Bill:

I am still in the process of speaking with the surgeon and the clinic privately. I did receive an exclamation of all 12 to 15 cases people had concerns about. I have asked the clinic to provide a public explanation, however I am still discussing other things with the clinic privately.

I do feel that their private explanation regarding all 12 to 15 cases or satisfactory as each case has to be taken separately. However the reality is, we are not exactly sure how involved the surgeon is during the procedure anymore. I am waiting to hear back from them on this and have suggested that the doctor consider getting more involved like he used to which may take care of any possible quality control issues that exist. If the doctor does agreed to become more involved again, I think perhaps we can give him another chance and possibly just put him on probation to see how things go and whether or not they improve over time.

Regarding the potential fake accounts, there is no solid evidence one way or another. I agree that it looks bad and it is possible that the clinic used fake accounts to promote themselves. However, as long as this behavior does not continue, I think this alone can be forgiven and we can move on. But the greater issue of physician involvement and cases of poor growth must be addressed publicly by the clinic.

Bill, this topic was created a month ago, and it doesn't seem like there is much progress. Or at least it is not transparent at all what is happening behind the curtains.Your post's content and use of words, (deliberately or not) create uncertainty around the claims and alleviate the responsibility of the clinic. (your post doesn't seem strict at all I think we can agree on that)

..I do feel that their private explanation regarding all 12 to 15 cases or satisfactory as each case has to be taken separately....

...(we) have suggested that the doctor consider getting more involved like he used to which may take care of any possible quality control issues that exist...

...perhaps we can give him another chance and possibly just put him on probation...

...Regarding the potential fake accounts, there is no solid evidence one way or another...

... as long as this behavior does not continue, I think this alone can be forgiven...

These are the things that were discovered over the last month:

- usage of fake accounts to praise the doc's work and recommend him

- usage of shady tactics on another forum and getting banned from there

- usage of techs in the operation long before it was publicly admitted. Deceptive information on the doctor's involvement

- knocking out patients in the past, and when they woke up they found that the techs were operating on them, meaning they were making incisions and implantation with the choi pen. Those patients thought - rightfully - that their operation would be done 100% by the doc, this was in 2014!

- the insufficient and rushed pre-op evaluation and patient information. No donor capacity assessment, no miniaturization check, no master plan. Nothing.

- rotating techs doing all the extraction and part of the IMPLANTATION which in this case - due to the usage of the implanter pen - means they are making INCISIONS as well. The techs are basically conducting hair transplant operation. Were the techs prescreened as well?

- the numerous cases of overharvestation, poor growth and misangled grafts.

I think there is more than enough information to make a well founded decision. Either accept these as facts or disprove them. There should be no middle way. Ultimately, do you think that the patients that visit this site and will be influenced by it will be in good hands in this clinic? Would you have your own procedure at this clinic?

Edited by paleocapa89

"I think there is more than enough information to make a well founded decision. Either accept these as facts or disprove them. There should be no middle way. Ultimately, do you think that the patients that visit this site and will be influenced by it will be in good hands in this clinic? Would you have your own procedure at this clinic? "

That is the million dollar question which will put a lot of this "uncertainty" talk into perspective.

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

Guys,

There is a lot of discussion regarding the recommendation process, the use of this website and in particular Dr. Doganay. While our recommendation process may not be perfect, I like to think of the cop has 80% full rather than 20% empty. Yes, there are certainly things that we can improve on and are in the process of improving on. In addition, we are in the process of changing the look and feel of some of our websites. We are also looking at changing pieces of the recommendation process to be more thorough, which includes an ongoing evaluation process so that we can feel confident continuing to recommend surgeons. Just because a surgeon is approved for recommendation, doesn't mean they obtain tenure. Any surgeons recommendation can be discontinued if they don't continue to meet our high standards recommendation. That is why the question of whether or not we should continue with Dr. Doganay's recommendation exists.

I do feel that their private explanation regarding all 12 to 15 cases or satisfactory as each case has to be taken separately. However the reality is, we are not exactly sure how involved the surgeon is during the procedure anymore. I am waiting to hear back from them on this and have suggested that the doctor consider getting more involved like he used to which may take care of any possible quality control issues that exist. If the doctor does agreed to become more involved again, I think perhaps we can give him another chance and possibly just put him on probation to see how things go and whether or not they improve over time.

Regarding the potential fake accounts, there is no solid evidence one way or another. I agree that it looks bad and it is possible that the clinic used fake accounts to promote themselves. However, as long as this behavior does not continue, I think this alone can be forgiven and we can move on. But the greater issue of physician involvement and cases of poor growth must be addressed publicly by the clinic.

That said, this particular topic cannot go on forever either. The concerns have been brought to our attention and we are addressing them. Once the clinic responds and we come to a conclusion, it is time to move on from this topic.

I would like to know everybody's thoughts on everything I said above.

Best wishes,

Bill

This is a terrible response. If it wasn't before, it should now be abundantly clear that the forum is more concerned about money than it is about the treatment of it's members.

Bill, this is a classic case of 'penny wise, pound foolish'. You may be protecting one of your revenue streams but this case, if not resolved very quickly and to the satisfaction of the members here, will end up costing you a lot of money in the long run. Once you lose credibility, you will lose everything.

We're hair loss sufferers and hair transplant patients with a real desire to help others avoid common pitfalls and find the best surgeons available.

I know it's tempting to believe that recommendation can be bought or that money is the first priority when considering whether or not to revoke a physician's recommendation but just take a moment and think about it. If that were true, how long would this community survive? Recommendations would be worthless and the that would be evident from the bulk of the results being produced. This is not the case in reality.

The truth is that the bulk of the results being produced by recommended physicians is top notch. I found both my docs via this site and I'm glad that I did.

Just as we don't recommend doctors at the drop of a hat, we don't withdraw recommendation willy-nilly either but we do take all patient concerns seriously.

This whole post is factually incorrect. As a new member, I have been doing a lot of reading and researching and I have found that your recommendation process is extremely loose with absolutely no qualifying criteria save for maybe a few positive responses from anyone in the forum. I've even started a thread asking some for some clarity around the recommendation process and it has not been addressed as yet.

You may not be realising it yet but I'm sure that with the advent of this thread and Paelo's previous thread, your recommendations are now seen to be worthless.

This is a terrible response. If it wasn't before, it should now be abundantly clear that the forum is more concerned about money than it is about the treatment of it's members.

Bill, this is a classic case of 'penny wise, pound foolish'. You may be protecting one of your revenue streams but this case, if not resolved very quickly and to the satisfaction of the members here, will end up costing you a lot of money in the long run. Once you lose credibility, you will lose everything.

This whole post is factually incorrect. As a new member, I have been doing a lot of reading and researching and I have found that your recommendation process is extremely loose with absolutely no qualifying criteria save for maybe a few positive responses from anyone in the forum. I've even started a thread asking some for some clarity around the recommendation process and it has not been addressed as yet.

You may not be realising it yet but I'm sure that with the advent of this thread and Paelo's previous thread, your recommendations are now seen to be worthless.

I for one am grateful I found this forum and used a recommended Dr.

I think the Dr Paleo used is not good - plain and simple. I also think Paleo should take some responsibility for not questioning why the Dr. Was using such a small amount of grafts.

leftygolfer71

I am responsible for a lot of things, but I don't think Doganay was using a small amount of grafts. If anything, I think he recommended me a lot more than what I should have had, considering my future balding pattern.

And I was told in 2009 that I could afford a $500,000 house by the banks,

but ultimately it was my decision to not do it. I think you're responsible as well for making the decision and taking some of the blame...

Oh, and your posts have already cost Dogany a lot of money in my opinion. I for one would NEVER go to him based on the reviews I've seen. Again, I'm surprised people are actually going to him when so many better Dr.s are on this site...

Can you please provide a list as to who you think is better, especially around Europe and preferably a doctor who does all the work him/herself instead of palming it off to technicians.

Guys,

It's easy for new posters to come out of the wordwork and criticize me, this community and the work we do. However, for those who actually take the time to research, they can see that we have a long history of standing up for patients and recommending only those surgeons who continually meet our standards.

The case with Dr. Doganay isn't cut and dry. We are trying to be as thorough as possible before making a final decision. Just because I'm not making publicly every conversation I have with the clinic, it doesn't mean that we aren't working on investigating things and being thorough.

Paleo is one patient with one experience and it's obvious that he'd like to see Dr. Doganay removed from this site, all because he's not happy. But this community isn't about making everybody happy. It's about doing the right thing and what's in the best interest of patients. Dr. Doganay did provide explanations for each of the patient cases Paleo referenced and frankly, I found their responses satisfactory. Does that mean that they don't have cases of poor growth? Absolutely not. But they do stand behind their patients and every clinic has cases of poor growth and complications.

Did Dr. Doganay and his clinic create fake accounts? I don't know. However, other clinics have done this in the past. The first time it happens, we provide the clinic with a warning. If it happens again, we suspend the clinic's posting privileges and possibly even discontinue their recommendation. That said, the clinic has been warned that if they were responsible for this kind of covert activity that they must cease and desist. If we see evidence that this is still happening, we will take further action.

Thus, the main issue at this point is regarding the patient cases of poor growth and the physician's involvement in the procedure. Dr. Doganay did respond saying that he promises he will become more involved in the procedure in order to continue his recommendation. This should eliminate any quality control issues. However, I am still discussing with the clinic exactly what part of the procedure Dr. Doganay will be doing and what his technicians will be doing. There is still some ambiguity and I am trying to resolve this with the clinic. They are a bit slow to respond at times because they are busy. But they do appear to be trying to work with the community in order to resolve concerns.

Because Dr. Doganay is working with the community in order to try to resolve concerns, I think we should give him a chance to do this. After all, he does have a long track record of producing outstanding results at his clinic and the ones that resulted in poor growth or complications, I've seen reasonable explanations for. I will be providing what I can in the next post.

Once I do, I'd like the community to provide their candid input on whether or not they think we should give Dr. Doganay another chance to prove themselves or discontinue their recommendation. Because they appear to be trying to work with the community, I'm inclined to give them a chance. But I want to know what the community thinks as well.

Best wishes,

Bill

Guys,

Below is the explanation they provided for each of the patients Paleo referenced. I can't provide the additional photos they sent for confidentiality reasons however, I can provide the explanations and the links they provided to our forum. Below is an exact copy/paste with some minor edits for formatting.

Patients

There are some cases posted by Mr. Paleocapa89, and the reasons of these results are below:

Mickeydw:

Badly looking right side (implanted by tech), transplanted hair fell out later

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...ia-turkey.html

The patient was really happy till his 21 months but after that he stopped using Propecia (if we remember correctly, he posted this on the forum) and his original hair felt off. As you know, the full result from an operation can be seen around 12 months (and hair get ticker until around 18 months). If the result is as expected, this means that the clinic did a good job. The patient was happy until 21 months, but after 21 months his hair started getting weaker (based on the pictures he posted). As you know, transplanted hair has cycle of growth and sometimes they might look weaker. We, even, offered a free touch up for this case. Then, after complaining on the forum, the patient stated in his post that "Some Money back would be nice, not sure if I've followed a case were the doc is actually wiling to do this!"

Jugendlich:

poor growth, badly looking right side (implanted by tech)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174373-fue-1500-grafts-04-aug-2014-dr-hakan-doganay.html

This poor patient had very good growth till his 6th months then he got ringworm infection at 7th months. Here is his statement "I found out that i was having scalp ringworm infection (tinea capitis) which resulted as shedding 7 months post op". We asked him to come again for FREE surgery even though his infection is nothing to do with us.

BluEMoOn: poor growth, patent later disappeared

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180476-look-worse-6-months-post-op-then-pre-op.html

This patient was happy with his results we asked to update us, he also stated in the forum that his is happy:

"Update 29.09.15

I am now 7 months and one week post op and I am sooooo happy with my result, knowing I have some months left of growth. I hereby want to say sorry to Dr Hakan for doubting his skills hehe...

Will post pictures when I reach 8 months."

gimmefiction: satisfied overall, but the left side looks weaker (implanted by tech)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179332-dr-hakan-doganay-2800-fue-26-y-o-november-2013-a.html

Satisfied overall

Buzz2:

poor growth, very bad donor scarring

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174668-what-point-do-you-call-failure.html

This patient had 3 surgeries before and complained about his scar but in reality he had scars from his first 3 surgeries. Here is his "before" picture of his donor area he emailed us before the operation. You can also see "after 10 months" donor area picture. You can compare the before/after pictures. These pictures show that his donor area was not scarred because of the operation in our clinic. We also told this to the patient several times, and sent these pictures to him. The patient kept complaining, Then we sent full refund for his surgery.(He sounded scars from first 3 surgeries like our fault)

Note: (He had surgery around Oct 2013 please check the date stamped in the before picture)

William1:

poor growths, grafts possibly wasted?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177789-dr-doganay-2050-grafts-3500-strands-hair.html

We tell patients that sexual activities in the first week would damage the transplanted hairs. This patient had sex or masturbated on the surgery date and grafts popped up and did not growth back since grafts live around 6 hours at most outside of body. The day after the surgery date he gave this information to us.

levi12:

poor growth

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174171-4025-grafts-fue-dr-hakan-doganay-july-2013-a.html

This patient complained about his growth. However, to be honest, is this result look bad for 6 months? (He got refund)

srdonjuan

weak growth, weak right side (implanted by tech)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171811-dr-hakan-doganay-3600-graphs-fue.html

This patient poured gasoline to his head by mistake around 2-3 days after the surgery. his 7 months results do not look as weak as Mr. Paleocapa89 claimed.

TOharbourfront:

poor growth on left side (implanted by tech)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180710-dr-doganay-not-responding.html

This patient complained about bad results but neither sent us photos nor he shared on the forum after 4 months.

As we mentioned on the forum, giving 100% guarantee for an operation is not possible (as any clinic can't give). But we give a guarantee to our patients that we monitor, support, try to do our best for them, and stand behind our work. There are also few results among his shared links, and these results are not as expected. We kept in touch with these patients and supported them, offered free touch up. Saying those above results we explained are also bad results is not fair at all. So, he shared 15 links 9 out of them are not weak or our fault. Also as we explained on the forum, he collected these results from 2013 and 2014. Compared to the number of operations we did in these years, the results posted by him is a small fraction. But, we do not underestimate any result. Keeping in touch with these patients, supporting them, giving refund. etc. show that we really care our patients.

From 2015 we only got his complaint in 4 months about his so-called results and another guy who had hygiene problem in his 2nd months and got infected. Currently he is in 7th months. So, from 2015, we have only 2 complains including him. So, calling our clinic as a clinic producing bad results constantly is not fair. We do not prefer to respond publicly for above explained patients because we do not want to argue with patients and there is confidentiality, like the guy who had sex or masturbated on the surgery day. However, you know well that patients are not always right about what they claim due to their expectation or even there are very bad people, in terms of personality, use forum to get refund.

We have seen a patient who kept asking refund. Then his two friends came to our clinic after seeing his result, and these friends told us that the patient's result was good and this was the reason why they came to our clinic for HT. We admit that we made a mistake by giving refunds easily since this motivated people to abuse our generosity.