Did Dr Hakan Doganay use fake accounts for publicity?Read this and decide it yourself

paleocapa89

Agreed, id also like to see 'HairJo' profile checked out. I've mentoned this before. His Profile was created the day of Dr Feller's MFUE and FUE bashing video. And his entire posting history is relentlessy praising Dr Feller and discrediting FUE.

I think this kind of thing is going on a lot.

I just looked up 'hair Jo'... again so suspicious, like 3 other posters who popped up, to bash FUE, around the same time Fellar started the thread. Talking about starting a thread I think, Someone needs to start a thread about this - - ( FELLARS FAKE FRIENDS ON THE FORUM ? )

I think its ridiculous that doctors like Fellar have to resort to such behaviour, ruining this forums credibility and misleading the trusting users and future patients for their own financial benefits. Now everytime I read a comment I have to do a background check on the poster to see if he is genuine or another cheerleader/ instigator/ Basher etc. Absolutely right BaldingBogger, "This kind of thing is going on a lot"

But WHATS NOT RIGHT is they're being allowed to get away with it, by this Forum itsel. Such poster/accounts should be deleted by HRN no questions asked. Like I said THIS FORUM IS LOSING ITS CREDIBILITY by allowing such manipulative users to mislead future HT Patients.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldingblogger and niko1,

I have no idea why you guys are talking about Dr. Feller on this topic as this particular topic has nothing to do with him. However, if you have concerns about potential foul play, please send me a private message with any evidence you have that suggests Dr. Feller or a member of his staff is behind what you are calling it "attacks" on FUE.

That said, having known Dr. Feller for many years, he has never resorted to these types of tactics in the past and I highly doubt he would be resorting to these types of tactics now. Just because somebody shares a different opinion than you do about FUE, doesn't mean that they are fake accounts or representatives of a particular clinic. There are still many who feel strongly that strip is today's "gold standard" and frankly, in terms of growth-year-old and over all consistency, I still would have to agree. FUE has come a very long way and there are many physicians to do it quite well and have high levels of success. Frankly, in my opinion, the best method of achieving optimal results is to do strip first and then FUE to follow up. Frankly, that's exactly what I intend to do. I've arty had Forster procedures and 9600 grafts restoring almost a full head of hair. I will probably follow up with FUE in the crown area and to refine the hairline and then maybe even put some in the scar. Alternatively, I may do SMP in the scar and reserve my grafts for the recipient area.

Best wishes,

Bill

Here HairJo calls someone "pal": http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179706-strip-vs-fue-vs-mfue-dr-alan-feller-great-neck-ny-2.html

Here JoeSocks calls someone "pal": http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177363-hair-transplant-dr-bhatti-oct-14-part-2-procedure-10.html

Here JoeSocks says, "Very very very fine work"; http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180752-raymond-konior-md-%96-chicago-hair-institute-%96-3108-graft-hairline-restoration-post2445952.html#post2445952 ;which echoes the multiple uses of "very" I quoted on page two of this thread by other Dr Feller posters - all sharing the same lack of grammar in omitting the commas.

Curious speech patterns... *takes off Sherlock Holmes hat and exits stage left*

Baldingblogger and niko1,

I have no idea why you guys are talking about Dr. Feller on this topic as this particular topic has nothing to do with him. However, if you have concerns about potential foul play, please send me a private message with any evidence you have that suggests Dr. Feller or a member of his staff is behind what you are calling it "attacks" on FUE.

That said, having known Dr. Feller for many years, he has never resorted to these types of tactics in the past and I highly doubt he would be resorting to these types of tactics now. l

The topic is directly linked to the original thread topic, so it naturally flows from it. The accounts and the things they say look suspicious to me too. Would the poster/s be stupid enough to use incriminating/linked IPs if they were using multiple accounts? I doubt it (worth checking though). It's a matter of reading what they say and how they say it.

Anyway, I have no grudge against Dr Feller. He's obviously a leading HT surgeon and deserves his recommendation. As to whether he's above a little foul play, well, I think his many posts have clearly shown he isn't. Whether fake accounts are being used to promote him, I don't know.

Guys, perhaps we can start a new thread to discuss Feller, or perhaps use his infamous "FUT is more popular than FUE" thread. I'mmore interested in discussing Dr Doganey's poor response to the allegations and what other posters think of it.

Here is a consiricy theory for the ages - Niko, BaldingBlogger, and LondonHTseeker are all agents for Dr Doganey trying to deflect attention from the substance of this thread by using Dr Feller as a pawn. C'mon folks, lets talk about Dr Doganey

Dear All,

Thanks for your comments.

Last year we explained the situation, but it seems that we need to make some further clarifications.

Around 1.5 years ago, this IP question was mentioned under one of our posts and we summarize what happened last year:

In the post last year, some users did not believe that the case we posted was real. Then the patient in the case couldn't bear this and wrote some comments to show that he was not fake, then some users kept asking questions and pictures from him even if he emailed them privately and posted his pictures. The patient was frustrated and we quote his comment below:

"I understand the skepticism , cause i used to have it when i stayed up long nights in order to pick the best clinic for me...but right now i feel bad cause evan after emails ,evan with face pictures in a more gentle way i am called a liar...and i evan did not made this post...

AHD clinic informed be about this and out of curiosity and willingly to help out i made an account but this thing went far to way"

After this unfair arguments, the IP question came up. We explained the situation of IPs last year, and also let the mentioned users (i.e. accused to be fake) know. What we know is that they did not want to involve in any kind of arguments on the forum after seeing how harsh people on our former patient. We couldn't ask these users a second time to write an explanation since we do not have a right to force anyone to write anything on the forum. Only Azura told us that he would write a comment about the situation, but he did not also write any comment. We let them know again, and some of them told us that they will talk to Bill.

You can read the case we posted last year in the following link:: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175260-dr-hakan-doganay-1693-grafts-after-9-5-months-fue-will-updated-6.html

This patient also started his own topic, and you can see it here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175531-fue-hakan-doganay-1693-grafts-after-10-months.html

Additionally, we checked these accused users' comments and it seems that they also wrote comments for many other cases from other clinics as any forum user does for any clinic.

Overall, as explained before, we do not ask anyone to write any good/bad comments on the forum. All the comments belong to the forum users. Additionally, the only reason of fake account can be attracting more patient to make more money. But, on the forum it is well known how generous we are, and even we do not accept some potential patients for hair transplantation since they are not good candidates for an HT. Therefore, any fake activity is not a case for our clinic.

Mr. paleocapa89! We also wrote under your topic in the following link:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181266-warning-if-considering-dr-hakan-doganay-read-first-24.html

With all due respect to the doctor, I don't find this explanation credible, to the extent it even bothers to directly address the issue (which is to say, not much at all).

Anyway, I have no grudge against Dr Feller.

You could have fooled me! Does that mean you are over the fact he made you you wait 3 months to let you know the mFUE was off the table and that he told you to wait 7 months and Shampoo 9 months between procedures?

It is a bad explanation, even though are obviously struggling with the English language barrier.

As to the alleged Feller shill situation, it's strange how bunsernburner, JoeSocks and Frankmello have all gone quiet.

Edited by LondonHTseeker

It is a bad explanation, even though are obviously struggling with the English language barrier.

As to the alleged Feller shill situation, it's strange how bunsernburner, HairJo, JoeSocks and Frankmello have ALL gone quiet.

Maybe he offered them a free mFUE

hey Stig

no I don't, and frankly, I do not want to continue digging, it took a lot of my time and this whole experience has caused me a lot of stress, I just want to move on. But I don't want my story to be futile and I want to help prospective patients make an informed decision.

What I don't want to see is this whole thing getting slowly forgotten, like nothing have happened.

• Moderators

Bill,

I don't understand why an explanation about possible fake accounts matters at this point. If we simply forget about the account issue, we still have 15 or more posters to this forum that had bad results from a hair transplant from the clinic in question. The high number of bad results should be enough to determine that this clinic should not be recommended. Even if there is an explanation for the account issues that everyone of us could believe, how does that change what his results are? It doesn't. Also, how can this forum recommend ANY Dr who claims that he is not even doing most of the work and is instead letting assistants perform much of it. That alone should be a reason not to recommend them. Wouldn't you think so? Or are you now in the business of recommending unknown techs and assistants?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Google "news cycle". The topic is no longer new therefore of less interest.

I'm pretty sure there's plenty of interesting talk going on behind closed doors. Your favorite doctor's credibility has been questioned and decision makers of this forum/site are well aware that his recommendation undermines the entire system.

Just wait. Something is bound to happen.

I just want to ask one thing that I often see on this site:

I really appreciate that anyone can express his/her opinion on this site freely. However what I often see is if a doctor's ethic or work is questioned by a patient, then it seems to me that the operators of this site often come and stand up for the doctor in question.

I don't understand how can they stand up for anyone or how can they recommend anyone if this site disclaims any kind of responsibility towards basically anything. To me the word recommend implies taking responsibility towards the recommendation.

This is the Terms of Services:

"...The physicians suggested on our Web Sites are to the best of our knowledge quality hair restoration physicians. However, Media Visions cannot vouch for these physicians, their experience, their credentials or the quality of their care...."

"...Web Site visitors are expected to do their own due diligence and research in selecting a physician and/or treatments. Media Visions and the Web Sites, and their employees, our partners, affiliates, sponsors, providers, licensors, or merchants make no warranties or guarantees, express or implied, as to the results or quality of care provided by the physicians or treatments presented on these Web Sites. We expressly disclaim any liability arising from consultation with, or treatment from, any of the physicians and their clinics presented on these Sites. ..."

..."THE WEB SITES CONTAIN FACTS, VIEWS, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF THIRD PARTY INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS. THE SITES DO NOT REPRESENT OR ENDORSE THE ACCURACY, CURRENTNESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED, UPLOADED OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE SITES. ANY RELIANCE UPON ANY SUCH OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT OR INFORMATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK..."

I wonder whether they actually visited Dr Doganay in person before they recommended him to the audience of this site.

Of course they didn't, and the legal blurb is called a legal disclaimer - nothing untoward in that, completely standard. In my opinion you have unrealistic expectations; including over the ability of a site such as this to give wholly trustworthy recommendations.

Edited by LondonHTseeker

Is it unrealistic to expect some kind of quality control from a website that wants to appear as an authority and a number one source in the world of hair transplants?

In my opinion you can't recommend someone but don't vouch for him at the same time.

You can't effectuate quality control but disclaim any kind of responsibility towards the recommendations and towards the accuracy and reliability of any information that is displayed on this website at the same time.

Maybe you are right and I am just unrealistic and foolish. I guess I learned my lesson the hard way.

I wouldn't say you're foolish, just slightly naive. Without the legal disclaimer they would be laying themselves open to legal challenge, it doesn't mean their recommendations are worthless. At the same time, their recommendations are bound to have their faults, and some of the recommendations will inevitably be questionable, as you've discovered.

London,

While i may agree with you that you cannot base your judgement on getting a HT solely on a website, I will say that calling paleos expectations unreaslistic is a stretch. Naive maybe be a better term as you followed up with, but remember we all were coming to this site to seek further guidance and direction. The troubling issue with this site is the question of its credibility, especially over the last few months to a year. I do agree with you that any major decision like a HT should take a lot of time and research, but everyone makes mistakes. Unfortunately for Paleo it was going to a Dr. that is (should be was) recommended on this site.

Paleo,

I said it before and I'll say it again, take care of yourself and try to get your life back together. I will be the first to say thank you for all that you have done to expose this clinic for part and current practices. This issue cannot be swept under the rug and a hopefully the moderators and the docs on this site got a slap in the face and woke up to a little reality. I will be one person that will leave this site if this issue is not addressed.

You only live once...