Dr Koray Erdogan - FUE 3003 Grafts 23/10/2015

HT-FUE

Yeah donor areas coming along now raman, still got shock loss there so in a few month it should look alot better i think as the hairs growing its helping cover the shock loss abit better but like i say in a few months i reckon i could have my hair pretty short on the back and sides and it shouldnt be noticable.

Hey johnboy thanks for the positive words mate, nice to hear things like that from others to stop you thinking the worst haha

Hey johnboy, thanks for the comments again, yeah hopefully alot of the hairs survive and a good result is on the cards but we'll have to see as i guess nothing is garunteed when it comes to this sort of stuff, just going to try stay positive haha

Hey Erkso,

Nice to hear your nice comments again haha, yeah the redness is fading each day. i defiantly put this down to the PRP. Which is the reason i chose to have this also with my op. i have pale skin and it goes red so easily so when it had been pricked and poked thousands of times with needles you can imagine it was nearly glowing in the dark haha.

but i would recommend it if you have skin like mine. People may comment and say how do you know it wouldnt have been like this without PRP as you havent had surgery without, but all i can say is i know my skin and i know it would still be really red, but PRP has defiantly helped me heal faster and thus help fade redness quicker.

Thanks Raman. By chance I opened a CityBank account online last night so will should have time for the debit card to arrive and be identified before I travel next Saturday.

Are you withdrawing your cash from the account while in Instanbul? Due to ATM limits I'm planning to get FX from the bank and carry the majority with me on the flight, and just $2000 ATM withdrawal. But the thought of carrying the rest on the plane makes me nervous.

No worries, That's great it seems to be the best card for international travel.

Yeah carrying that much cash is a bit of a worry. It sux but it's just a risk we have to take. I carried pretty much all the cash in one of those under clothes cash concealer wallets that you can buy from traveling bag shops with the zippers and it straps around your waist. . The only time i had to take it off was when they put me through that whole body x-ray machine and one of the security guards held it for me, but with any luck you wont have to do this.

Hey Raman,

glad to hear youve arrived safely, yeah i have noticed shock loss in both the recipient and donor area. the donor looks better now as the hair is growing and helping cover but the recipient loss is still noticeable especially at the front sides.

goodluck for tomorrow cant wait to see your results

I carried it with me in the envelope from the currency exchange tucked into the front of my pants. One of those zip carrier things would have been even better but it was all I had, and on the plus side you can always feel it there so you know it hasn't disappeared!

I'm considering Asmed Clinic for a FUE hair transplant. The work they did looks great. Im from Los Angeles, over here a doctor told me I would need 2500 grafts and he wanted to charge me around $18,000 USD that is way too much money for me after hearing how much other doctors charge in other countries. Just wondering how much Asmed charged you if you dont mind me asking?

I'm considering Asmed Clinic for a FUE hair transplant. The work they did looks great. Im from Los Angeles, over here a doctor told me I would need 2500 grafts and he wanted to charge me around $18,000 USD that is way too much money for me after hearing how much other doctors charge in other countries. Just wondering how much Asmed charged you if you dont mind me asking?

Hi mate, asmed charge 2.5 euro per graft, dr koray might say you need more than 2500 i dont know but if he was to say 2500 then that would be 6250 euro. Using google currency as a guide thats about $6620 but then theres more prices on top of that as thats just surgery price.

i.e. the hotel, your flights, the after care kit, PRP (if you choose to have it, its optional)

so depending on what you choose to do/get id say around $8000 - $9000 all in all so half what youve been quoted and you know you're off to a good surgeon

thanks for the great info, I was wondering on the prp? how much did they charge for that? and how long did the clinic take to get back to you? I reached out to them about 7 days ago via email with some photos so that way I can get a price but they haven't replied yet.

thanks for the great info, I was wondering on the prp? how much did they charge for that? and how long did the clinic take to get back to you? I reached out to them about 7 days ago via email with some photos so that way I can get a price but they haven't replied yet.

Hi r5000, the PRP is optional i only chose it as my skin goes red really easy so to reduce redness and help it clear up quicker i had this. it costs 300 euro.

My advice on the clinic not responding would be email through the week. I found sometimes when i emailed weekends they wouldnt get back to me this is because the clinic is shut over the weekend so for the best responses email through the week give this a try monday and see if you then get a response within the following days

Thanks for the great info and reply. I am really considering Asmed. How many days do you think I have to stay out there in Istanbul?

No worries, as to how long do i reckon you should stay there thats upto what you want. i had 3000 so i could have all mine done in one day. I wanted to get it done, get home and rest there i didnt want to be over there, so i literally got there had my consultation that day, next day surgery, day after that had my first hair wash and then that night flew home.

i met people over there that wanted to be there for a few days after incase they had any questions or incase anything went wrong, ive read about people staying for a week upto 10 days after again to make sure they are around the experts for those crutial days so its down to you but if you get under 3000 3 days is minimum

I had an online consultation from maral klinik in istanbul and they got back to me right away. his prices where great. he said Type 1 - 2 hair loss; requires 1500-3000 grafts for a dense coverage, depending on hairline design and location it may be more or less. The price is 2250 USD.

Type 3 - 8 hair loss: The price is for the unlimited number of graft transfer, donor capacity may be 3000-5500 grafts. The price is 2400 USD.

Price includes: (*We only accept cash in our clinic (EURO, USD or GBP)...

i just copy and pasted from the email but long story short, i emailed him photos from my hair and he said that he didn't think i need a transplant and that yes im thining from the hairline but that it wouldn't be necessary for the transplant and that he doesn't recommend it. I am hoping Asmed gives me great news because I know I need a transplant and even doctors here in the USA said they would be able to work on me, why this doctor rejected me, who knows?

Im trying to get a hold of Asmed Clinic but have gotten no reply. Im thinking maybe I should call them now.

I found threw the week is better to email, sometimes they reply the same day sometimes in a few days.

there email responses arnt the best but id put this down to the fact the people you are emailing are also the translators that are with patients through the day having there surgery? they arnt just sat at a computer replying to emails all day.

maybe you could pm me the email youve been getting in touch with