Dr Koray Erdogan - FUE 3003 Grafts 23/10/2015

HT-FUE

Man your left side has grown back fast! It's just on 2 months post op. Right side should catch up fast. Thinking that PRP was well worth it.

I do not think cutting your hair or leaving it will make much difference either way. Your donor area looks really thick, my guess is you could cut that down to a number 2 clip no worries in the donor area.

Hi guys sorry didnt get an email to say you had posted.

thanks johnboy reasurring knowing people see a difference as its hard to notice when you see it everyday.

petchski i wouldnt say i kept alot maybe 10%? my hair looked great just before the 3 week mark, then after shock loss my right side was pretty much all gone whereas my left side still was almost all gone but still had more hairs than the right. i think thats why it looks like the left side has grew in more its just because not as many grafts fell out.

anyway guys i shaved my head to a grade 2 today, no other reason other than to give you guys a better understanding of how my donors looking as its hard to judge when the hairs longer and covering it. I usually have my hair cut on a grade 2 anyway round the back and sides and i dont think it looks too bad, possibly even have it shorter if i wanted what do you guys think?

maybe the donor could get better too as wont i have native hairs in shock loss at the moment from the extractions? anyway let me know what you think cheers.

IMG_2066.jpg.a891fc3f8bcd55367e97ea06dc8a472b.jpg

Hi HT. Donor looks thick and extractions invisible. Assuming my shock loss is minor, I'll also be keeping my back and sides buzzed at grade 2.

You were lucky to keep 10% of transplanted hairs - those ones are the early guaranteed survivors!

Hi HT. Donor looks thick and extractions invisible. Assuming my shock loss is minor, I'll also be keeping my back and sides buzzed at grade 2.

You were lucky to keep 10% of transplanted hairs - those ones are the early guaranteed survivors!

Yeah just want it to start growing now to see if a decent amount has survived under he surface haha

but yeah think ill keep mine at grade 2, i want the top to grow so maybe next time i wont be buzzing that to grade 2 and ill leave that

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, guys..

so its finally been 3 month and the ugly duckling phase should be at its end.. my right side has improved massively compared to my 2 month mark, i dont have amazing growth but i think ive had some very nice growth to say at 3 months i wasnt expecting anything at all.

to say my head was completley bald before in these areas id say ive had early growth but ill let you guys be the judge of that, when you look at it everyday its hard to see much of a difference if any at all, but my right side was pretty much bald at month 2 mark and now has a few hairs sprouted about.

nothing to report apart from a few dark hairs starting to sprout out, loads of tiny thin blonde looking hairs so hopefully they thicken up as time goes on.. and i have noticed quite a few spots the past few weeks, not loads but everytime i fid one and then it goes garunteed i find another elsewhere.. i dont know if these are from hairs starting to grow and not growiing properly so causing a spot to form? but i did read that spots are normal and not to worry so just letting them be.

thanks for reading ill update again at month 4

(ALL PHOTOS ARE TAKEN WITH FLASH)

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.769bb21f3035dbcaf9af1013eac16908.jpg

5b32ea75ed9ad_FullSizeRender(1).thumb.jpg.b5fccbe3956b5780e74e60c64e0ae80a.jpg

5b32ea760e2e5_FullSizeRender(2).thumb.jpg.a07b07d9c4c15294eed38d964fd8e6d9.jpg

5b32ea7621aad_FullSizeRender(3).thumb.jpg.a0b8767b45a4f6a16e703eef4326df49.jpg

5b32ea763e009_FullSizeRender(4).thumb.jpg.d29c176e7cb32eae2124d70b443d1a95.jpg

5b32ea76562f3_FullSizeRender(5).thumb.jpg.074c742a13fac78aa2b9e8bcf044e570.jpg

Edited by HT-FUE

Hey HT, great to see some good growth coming through before the 3 month mark. You can see where your hairline will come down to now, whereas at 2 months you couldn't. Definitely progressing well. Looks like your all set for some serious growth in the next few months.

Looking good HT. Thanks for sharing.

I'm in Sydney and considering Erdogan.

Did you take Finisteride before procedure? Do the doctors say it helps recover to start well in advance of procedure?

Also you mentioned it took roughly 40 minutes for him to make 3000 incisions, for the 3000 grafts. Is that 75 incisions p/60seconds? Is that accurate? How does Erdogan prove the number of grafts and incisions given post opp?

I only ask as this is my main concern and that a partner of a patient counted only half the incisions agreed upon. She is a medical professional. Did not say which surgeon.

Not trying to stir the pot, just trying to do my due diligence.

Your results so far look great.

Thanks raman i really hope so and hopefully you can look forward to sprouting out some hairs from now until your 3 month mark too.

fue83 i did take finasteride id been taking it for around 11 month before i had my op done. The doctors basically said if id of been taking it for near on a year i should of somewhat slowed down/stabilised my hair loss so when i did have the procedure it would be a long time for my baldness to get worse behind the transplanted hairs.

the doctors didnt say it helps reccover start well this is PRP which will ensure this happens, finasteride i have been told will give you a better chance of having your transplanted hairs survive.

id say 3000 in 40 mins is pretty accurate for the speed he does them, i would of counted but it isnt as easy as that trust me you cant concentrate counting for 40 mins straight haha. but like i said he was going pretty fast and he doesnt stop, also i didnt notice for every 10 or 20 incisions i cant remember which i just know he did it, but he was talking to someone in turkish.. not a conversation but more like letting them know when hes done 20 incisions? and they must of been writig it down so he defiantly keeps track of your incisions so id assume you get the 3000 or however many you was supposed to get.

Dr koray and his techs are very good, they produce good results and get alot of patients so i dont think he needs to rip people off by giving them less grafts than they should of gotten because business for him should be great.

i do know erdogan has a member of staff sat in each operation room with an ipad in which they have a program to count grafts so once the grafts are extracted they are taken and placed into a solution, after this there is memebers of staff sat seperating your grafts into 1s, 2s, 3,s 4,s etc etc and when they do this someone is sat watching with the ipad putting that info into the program which will give you the number of grafts, how many 1's, 2's 3's etc, how many hairs in total, hairs per graft basically all the stats. so thats how thye count it you receieve all this info in a file after your ht.

this still doesnt prove number of grafts i guess but you could always sit there and try count.. but i was been extracted for around 4 hours so when it came to 40 mins of incisions id of fell asleep if id of started counting in my head haha. i will look on y usb and find the HQ photos taken at asmed straight after my grafts were inserted and you can see its very densily packed

Ive wrote alot but tried answering everything in detail, hope this all helps

So what if you can't take Finasteride because your experiencing some what of the side effects? Does that mean you can't get a hair transplant? because I tried finasteride recently and right away noticed errection issues where I wasn't waking up with them like I usually do and my errections where not as strong as before. I stopped taking the medication and am back to normal now but all it took was that little slight errection issue for me to know that this stuff is not for me.

no dr koray recommends finasteride as it should yield better results to if you wasnt taking it,there was guys there when i was there that dont take it due to having side effecs in the past and dr koray asked if theyd retry taking it and see if its different this time but if they didnt want to take it he warned them of future baldness and if they still wanted to go ahead with it he did so.

so there is still a chance to get it done if you dont take finasteride but he must take certain factors into account.

I've seen some transplants pics online done with no finasteride or minoxidil after the surgery and the results looked great. I'm will to do minoxidil but won't chance my man hood with the finasteride since I already noticed some what of a slight side effect. FUE Hairline Clinic has a good video on their website of a man who did the transplant with no drugs or anything afterwords and his results were great.

Yay HT-FUE- you made it to the end of the ugly duckling phase. I am supremely jealous of the head start you have on me!! Comparing the 2 and 3 month shots you certainly have growth. Also, your pics are great resolution and I was able to zoom in and see you have stacks sprouting through. Congrats and I can't wait to see your 4 month update!

@r5000 there is people that have great results without like i say it must depend on certain factors. for example im 25 and when i first got in touch with asmed clinic they declined me a HT as they said with my age and current baldness its only going to get worse but they didnt know i had been taking finasteride for 11 months so when i told them this and that my hairloss has slowed down so much they turned around and told me they could proceed with a HT if i continue to use finasteride and if i didnt warned me of how my baldness will progress behind my transplanted hairs.

when i used to wash my hair before id have easily 15 hairs in my hand and after 11 month of finasteride id be lucky to find one hair when washing.

but then on the other hand if you had a 40 year old man who wont take finasteride due to seeing side effects dr koray might go ahead with it without thinking twice as his baldness should be petty stable at that age and what he was going to lose he'd have already lost. im not saying he wont have any future loss at all because hes in his 40's that wont be the case but it wont be as severe as someone at 25 not taking finasteride.

@erkso i know so good to be out of the ugly phase and hopefully start seeing noticable growth myself.. im glad you mentioned the stacks sprouting threw as i only noticed these myself on close inspection around 4-5 days ago, got abit excited to see them. i think me you and raman should have very similar results but with me been ahead i dont know what to expect im jealous of you having me and raman a little infront so you can see whats to come for yourself at certain stages haha ill update at month 4 mate i think its going to be a big change from month 3 as all these sprouting will have grown longer

Thanks HT, that sounds reasonable p/min. Thanks for input r5000.

Finisteride, would most likely increase chance of survival of transplanted grafts, but also decrease chance of shock loss. (does shock loss hair come back?)

And in long term increase interval of when you require next procedure. So although 12 months post procedure you may look great, depending on how your baldness progressesion, for some perhaps not worth spending cash if not gonna use Finisteride.

I know I'm fussy, so if I'm gonna spend that money, hassle of going overseas, putting myself through that hassle for 1st 3 months, I won't procedure to look damn good for a long time.

I guess I'm trying make sure my expectations are realistic.

Seems like some guys stop medication in preparation of starting a family.

yes shock loss hair comes back, it is basically hair in a rest phase which lasts around 3 months before growing again. if a hair is being effected by MPB and is in its last cycles before it would of disapeared anyway then shock loss will cause these hairs not to grow back after 3 months and they would go as they would of naturally.

and yes like i said in my message depending on a few factors will determine whether you are ok having a HT without finasteride or not. young age been a big factor due to future loss.

but if your baldness has not stabilised and you are young i would not recommend surgery without the use of finasteride as you will only progress balding behind your newly transplanted hairs and this would look worse than you did before surgery

I'm going to be 34 this year so I'm not a town man any more, I did take finasteride in my mid 20's for about a year and I did notice a slight difference. I wasn't losing that many hairs in the shower and my hair seemed to be thicker. I tried it for about a month recently and noticed that I wasn't waking up with errections and my errections didn't seem as strong so I stopped the medication. I'm all better now but I was affraid that if I kept taking finasteride, the side effects might get worse. I read online from different bloggers, some even younger than me that it also had an effect on their sex drive and errections. When I was younger I didn't have any issues with the medication but the older you get your body changes and that's understandable. I really want to do the transplant in turkey but now am really thinking about it since I will not take finasteride. I got online consultations from many many doctors and they all recommended around 2500-3000 grafts. only Asmed recommended 4400 which seemed a little high for me but he does great work so I don't doubt his recommendation. I am more than willing to try minoxidil and hoping maybe that will help for the shock loss and future hair loss. I am just happy to have the hair I got right now because I know men who lost all their hair by 25.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, so today is my 4 month update, things are going good.. I did have a really big growth a few weeks back but i think that has slowed down now. or it could still be growing and im just not noticing it much now even though my family keep saying its changing loads and getting better all the time.

I have noticed the last 3 times ive washed my hair quite a few hairs on my hand than normal i was wondering iff this is the "seasonal shed" that ive read about?? if someone could comment on this it would be great to hear thanks.

other than that theres nothing much to comment yet its deffinitely improving i just feel as though its slowing down now, hopefully i get another rush burst of growth because it was nice to see that.. with my native hair been so dark you can see it makes my temples stand out as they are thin at the moment, so right now i look asif i have decent hair but my temples are starting to thin so its nice that i know they are going to get thicker not thinner.

thanks for reading guys ill update at 5 month and answer nay questions if you have any

5b32eb2cb344d_FullSizeRender(1).thumb.jpg.7624fd3dcc82b95001e9725d8667653b.jpg

5b32eb2d6f4a0_FullSizeRender(2).thumb.jpg.857752f559bfefd74afa5667642b4b9f.jpg

5b32eb2d85946_FullSizeRender(3).thumb.jpg.22c5e23460add1545e2b3053d88b67ee.jpg

5b32eb2da1fec_FullSizeRender(4).thumb.jpg.a1d4dadb0573eb25508b371174f7e159.jpg

5b32eb2dc7662_FullSizeRender(5).thumb.jpg.1bd97fbc9a8ea0b5d1d20f95c541d498.jpg

5b32eb2e05514_FullSizeRender(6).thumb.jpg.3d6d73c2580a46770543ef073e02bf28.jpg

5b32eb2e2f3c4_FullSizeRender(7).thumb.jpg.5eac166933fb57030f855640fcdc19a3.jpg

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.4e8b74027048b6e1db4df745558501d5.jpg

Hi HT-FUE, I was thinking the other day you must be due for an update sometime soon - and you certainly haven't disappointed!

You've commented your temples are thin, but I can't even spot it- I'd be super happy to look as good as you at my 4 month check-point. Congrats on an amazing month of growth!

Hi erkso, yeah I was updating every 4 weeks before so I figured I'd stop that now and just update the 23rd of every month so it is a month bang on from when I got it done.

Yeah I am happy at the moment I think when I say they looks thin it's more because my native hair looks thick? So because that's thick and my transplanted hair is still thin and not as many hairs in one area it makes it look like my hairs just starting to thin.. Hopefully the hairs start to get thicker and new hairs keep sprouting threw.

I can see a few coming on my left side which is good as that side has really slowed down.. That used to be my best side and now my right has over took it on growth haha it's so crazy, how it chops and changes.

I hope seeing mine and you thinking it looks good has given you a positive mind set though mate you shouldn't be long out of the ugly duckling phase now should you ??