2250 grafts with Dr Doganay

Hi guys. I had an FUE hair transplant on 10th July at the age of 30 - 2,250 grafts in total on my temples, over one session with Dr Doganay. Grafts were as follows:

Single graft - 500

Double graft - 1400

Triple graft - 350

I'm on the finasteride and minoxodil - and I use Toppik in my everyday hairstyle before washing it out daily. I had been losing hair in my temples at a fairly gradual pace over seven years.

I chose Dr Doganay because I was very impressed by the results I saw posted online, plus Turkey was a short flight away. I stayed in Turkey for two nights, arriving on a Thursday morning for a consultation, where I was told that I might need more than an initial online estimate of 2000 grafts (in the end it was 2250, but I got a discount from the hospital for usage of photos they took for later promotional purposes).

At the consultation Dr Doganay drew my hairline and explained that the grafts would only be added to my hairline, and not the slightly thinning area of my crown, as it was too early to add grafts at this point and might mess up the existing growth, and that because my hair is very fine, I had a smaller than average amount of hairs in my donor area. This means that following the operation, I have 2000 additional hairs that can be taken from my donor area for any future operation.

Right now it has been nearly 15 weeks post-op and things are moving a lot faster than I expected. I'll be home for Christmas at 5.5 month post-op, so I'm hoping I'll be able to see my friends again with a natural-looking hairline that has no Toppik. I'm lucky that my shock loss wasn't too bad at all and I didn't lose any hairs during the crucial 8-day post-op period.

Below you can find images taken pre-op (by the hospital), immediately post-op (by the hospital), and photos taken by me last weekend (at 14-weeks post-op). It's early days but thus far I'm very happy with how things are moving along.

MffEchx.png.cf1571344e096df5f1b307884fee24bc.png

VvHujqR.png.e5e01ffa715fb9b7cf58a4d416f802db.png

kc4jKvd.png.2b5c8906599c9aaee903f60f8969698d.png

ci6RZll.png.a3891ac906cc2db21b9a0cbb60d2819d.png

UZOgSwa.png.3e150ec2ed62645944fa5c4e067ad4de.png

1PItU8O.png.b911908155b812eb0b67fe00081f8b2b.png

LIv3Nx6.png.b8f8f369ce2041e0b51a63459f06c5a7.png

GKLkOsM.jpg.e6dc949b3814db3de61d942787684e85.jpg

BKLyfyU.jpg.51fafcf387af0a7a12180eb82e1e9077.jpg

br0e8X4.jpg.26731c82189abd00abfbb3aad640573b.jpg

JtFlKzS.jpg.000b308ac32aa88291eac7ee87f6fa2a.jpg

989Vpf6.jpg.354dfd5a4ae37f6365b717531247811d.jpg

Edited by speedboatchase

Looks like you will have a nice strong hairline now. Looks like you got good results. My hair loss stabilized when I was in my mid-thirties. Best of luck down the road. I'm sure you will be pleased in a few months when your hair continues to thicken in the front.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Speedboat-chase,

Congratulations on your recent surgery and for coming back to share your progress for months later. Do you already have significant growth for being just only four months out. I'm sure you are very thrilled so far. You have a long way to go and I expect you will see a lot more growth in the months to come.

Please keep us posted.

Best wishes,

Bill

After I had my head shaved for the above pics, I was given a form and asked if I wanted to sign it for usage of the photos. The discount varied between what types of photos could be used (if your face was shown, the discount would be larger etc). I chose the option where my hair wouldn't be shown, just the face. I think that was a discount of €200 or €250, I can't be sure.

That was the only discount mentioned to me.

Speedboatchase,

That is very helpful. I will be emailing them over the weekend. I too will be turning 30 in January and need to end this hair loss of mine! You results really do look fantastic the more i look at them. I am excited for you and can't wait to share my results on here as well.

I like the fact that his work is very aggresive and not conservative. I hope they have slots for January.

this looks good please keep us updated.

Did you offer yourself for the promotional discount or where you offered the discount by the clinic without asking?

Many thanks.

Hello Afrohead

Thanks for bringing this questions

We offer a discount for that AHD CLINIC can have copyright of patient's pictures means we can use their pictures on online platform...

Discounts are 150 euros for covering face , 300 euros without covering face

Thanks

I am not medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice

• Administrators
Speedboatchase,

That is very helpful. I will be emailing them over the weekend. I too will be turning 30 in January and need to end this hair loss of mine! You results really do look fantastic the more i look at them. I am excited for you and can't wait to share my results on here as well.

I like the fact that his work is very aggresive and not conservative. I hope they have slots for January.

All i'm gonna say is research this forum dude, a lot of negative results and according to Bill the doctor is on a probationary status, techs do 100% extractions and they create the incisions with the choi implanter pen as well. I'm also 30 and I can understand not wanting to be conservative but don't rush in to to any surgeries, a lot of these threads were randomly created after Paleo's thread makes me wonder.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

All i'm gonna say is research this forum dude, a lot of negative results and according to Bill the doctor is on a probationary status, techs do 100% extractions and they create the incisions with the choi implanter pen as well. I'm also 30 and I can understand not wanting to be conservative but don't rush in to to any surgeries, a lot of these threads were randomly created after Paleo's thread makes me wonder.

Is he officially on probation then? If so, then I am shocked that this fact isn't stated on his profile page

Actually, reading the Doganay profile, it still states the following:

"Dr. Hakan Doganay uses the Choi Implanter pen for placing grafts into recipient sites. With the help of several experienced nurses, follicular units are carefully loaded into Choi implanter pens ranging from 0.6mm to 0.8mm in size. Dr. Doganay then carefully places all the grafts himself into tiny recipient sites using the pen implanter."

Isn't this factually incorrect now as confirmed by the rep?

And - "Dr. Hakan Doganay performs advanced FUE exclusively at his clinic in Turkey on only one patient per day.

- See more at: http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/doctors.asp?DrID=668#page=page-1"

Isn't this also an incorrect fact?

Stig

I think you didn't see this while you reading Dr. Doganay's Profile ????:

Dr. Doganay's experienced technicians carefully extract follicular units and store them in sterilized cabs in the refrigerator before placement. Dr. Doganay prefers to place grafts in the crucial hairline areas himself while he gets help from experienced technicians for the remaining ones and place the grafts together. -

See more at: Dr. Hakan Doganay Hair Transplant Surgeon in Antalya, Turkey

I am not medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice

And - "Dr. Hakan Doganay performs advanced FUE exclusively at his clinic in Turkey on only one patient per day.

- See more at: http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/doctors.asp?DrID=668#page=page-1"

Isn't this also an incorrect fact?

Good point stig

As we mentioned since Dr. Doganay became very busy He can take only max 2 patients a day... Do you know some recommended Doctors perform 4 patients a day because they use incisions method not Choi pen technique... Do you know how long does it take to do incision if patient required 2000 grafts? What I understood that One of the best advantage of the incision method is Doctor doesn't need to place the grafts because as long as Doctor performs incision every body will be happy...

Edited by cenkoa01
correction some words

Hi HTsoon.

I had no knowledge of Paleo's thread before posting my thread. I can't fully recall but I think the majority of my extractions were done by the techs, but the implantation was done almost entirely by Dr Doganay (UPDATE: thinking back, I'd say it was 90% Doganay implantation, about 40% Doganay extraction).

However, I had to advocate for this to happen, and the original message I received (via WhatsApp, when I raised this the day before my operation) was 'Dr Hakan will create your hair line as you requested. After this his assistant will be involved the implantation [sic]. They will be finished together'.

I insisted that Dr Doganay do the implantation, and referenced the wording on his website, specifically the 'Dr Doganay places all the grafts himself' line. My operation the next day was then delayed for a few hours, but my requested *was* followed through - as I said, about 90% of the operation. I would advise anyone interested in booking with this surgeon to insist on this, as I did.

Overall, I had a much better experience than Paleo. Unlike his post, my donor capacity was evaluated, and the techs didn't drop anything or swear. Also, my recipient area looks fine these days.

All I can really talk about is own my experience and whether or not I can fully recommend Dr Doganay will depend on how things look in a few months, but thus far the result has been promising for me.

Edited by speedboatchase

However, I had to advocate for this to happen, and the original message I received (via WhatsApp, when I raised this the day before my operation) was 'Dr Hakan will create your hair line as you requested. After this his assistant will be involved the implantation [sic]. They will be finished together'.

I insisted that Dr Doganay do the implantation, and referenced the wording on his website, specifically the 'Dr Doganay places all the grafts himself' line. My operation the next day was then delayed for a few hours, but my requested *was* followed through - as I said, about 90% of the operation. I would advise anyone interested in booking with this surgeon to insist on this, as I did.

This is a major red flag for me. If I felt a doctor was reluctant to do the work and I had to insist that he do so, I would be concerned he would do a bad job just because it's something he doesn't want to do.

In any case, glad it worked out for you. Best of luck with your progress.

This is a major red flag for me. If I felt a doctor was reluctant to do the work and I had to insist that he do so, I would be concerned he would do a bad job just because it's something he doesn't want to do.

In any case, glad it worked out for you. Best of luck with your progress.

Well, the back-and-forth on WhatsApp was between me and Dr Doganay's representative, not Dr Doganay himself, as he doesn't speak English. I'm not sure how aware Doganay was of my concerns, but he was there for the 90% of the implantation, so I guess the message got through.

Although I'm very happy with how things are progressing post-op for me thus far, I would insist that people have got a clear indication of how their potential operation will go down before they go ahead and book.

• Administrators
Hi HTsoon.

I had no knowledge of Paleo's thread before posting my thread. I can't fully recall but I think the majority of my extractions were done by the techs, but the implantation was done almost entirely by Dr Doganay (UPDATE: thinking back, I'd say it was 90% Doganay implantation, about 40% Doganay extraction).

Overall, I had a much better experience than Paleo. Unlike his post, my donor capacity was evaluated, and the techs didn't drop anything or swear. Also, my recipient area looks fine these days.

All I can really talk about is own my experience and whether or not I can fully recommend Dr Doganay will depend on how things look in a few months, but thus far the result has been promising for me.

90% implantation with the Choi implanter is unacceptable, I'm happy for you.

In this video it's stated that he does the implantation himself and the nurses just help him out the hair in the pen, how this changed I don't know but it should revert back. All in all I don't trust technicians creating the recipient sites for my head not even if they did it for only 3% of the operation.

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...