WARNING: if considering Dr. James Boland in Colorado Surgical Center READ THIS.

Sanjar41

• 2 weeks later...
Well I'm not surprised on the graft count or the size of the punch. I would say the only positive out of this is that they did not waste too many grafts. And if any grow which I think is it unlikely it should be easier to camouflage. I agree with HTsoon Dr Umar could very well be your man.

Now they have owned up you should be able to get your money back without deleting your true account of the events.

They should be shut down - I feel for the guys that are unware of this forum/thread and still getting there HTs done.

Count me in to add to your fund too. Hopefully you would get your money back from this so called clinic and then get enough extra to go to a decent Dr - Like Umar :-)

I strongly advise him not to go to Dr Umar.

What's up with Dr umar. We have seen some good work from him n this forum.

Especially in repair patients and with using body or beard hair.

Dr. Umar is still putting out exceptional results, this guy is an anti-Umar troll, every post he's made has been about Dr. Umar.

If he has a genuine beef he needs to post pictures and details, otherwise he should be banned, because he has a transparent agenda in being here.

Dr. Umar is still putting out exceptional results, this guy is an anti-Umar troll, every post he's made has been about Dr. Umar.

If he has a genuine beef he needs to post pictures and details, otherwise he should be banned, because he has a transparent agenda in being here.

I agree the posts seem skeptical. Post some proof or explain it.

I don't believe any of it.

• 1 month later...

I skimmed over a few defenses of this clinic and would like to point out that they've been in business for a few years without negative posts because they delayed us coming out.

It's been 3 years since I initially went here, I waited the full 18 months before contacting the clinic about my lack of results. A month of bickering, I agreed to a follow up proceedure if I didn't write a bad review. A year later, no results, contacted the clinic, they agreed to a refund if I wrote no bad reviews. After 6 months of "sorry, we didn't see your email" and back and forth BS with them, they finally said to stop emailing them. That's why it took me this many years to come out about them.

You guys need to start documenting your experience with the Better Business Bureau, this really is an excellent organization and their website is very easy to use. I had excellent results the one time I used it about an outstanding bill with T Mobile, where they were trying to screw me.

Coming onto internet forums and sharing these experiences might deter a few people, but they need their horror stories documented and recorded, and their rating will reflect this. Be specific as possible, without any mention of how it has effected your life. They only want to know how your result is different than what this clinic promises. Don't make someone sift thru pages of a sob story, but be detailed as possible on how their promises were false, and the more people who share their story, the better it reveals a pattern of abuse.

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

How this place is still in business is beyond me. How these doctors can continue to operate on people is beyond me. In fact, it's unconscionable. And you know the doctor knows he's not good.

Can people sue for medical malpractice on elective procedures?

Maybe file a grievance with the state of Colorado medical board? I'm just throwing things out there.

Thank you for adding your story for the rest of us. I hope anyone with similar experiences continue to come out.

You and others have likely saved me from a similar fate as I was very interested in this clinic.

I did contact the BBB and we are in discussions with the clinic. He is delaying his responses by weeks and he responds by giving blanket statements saying with my level of hair loss it is expected to have multiple surgeries. He is good at BS so he's statements are ones that the regular person might believe. I will let you know what happens after the BBB is finished with out mediation.

We kept going back and forth but he wont answer a question such as how many exact grafts did you place during the surgery even though I paid for 2500 but he'll respond with general info and finally the BBB has suggested we do mediation. I told them I'd rather we continue responding on email because I want it documented. We'll see how things go. I'm not sure how things work.

Edited by sufferer12

Very good at BS, he's the definition of a sociopath. He acts exactly like friends and family I've known who get addicted to opiate pain killers. He's got connections to get those pain killers and I saw on the BBB site he had a "neck injury", wouldn't be surprised if he's doped up on Vicodin and doesn't know right from wrong.

I did contact the BBB and we are in discussions with the clinic. He is delaying his responses by weeks and he responds by giving blanket statements saying with my level of hair loss it is expected to have multiple surgeries. He is good at BS so he's statements are ones that the regular person might believe. I will let you know what happens after the BBB is finished with out mediation.

We kept going back and forth but he wont answer a question such as how many exact grafts did you place during the surgery even though I paid for 2500 but he'll respond with general info and finally the BBB has suggested we do mediation. I told them I'd rather we continue responding on email because I want it documented. We'll see how things go. I'm not sure how things work.

Mediation ?

Mediation only works if you are dealing with people who are prepared to be reasonable . From all the posts on here and other places , I don't think reasonable would be a term used to describe this clinic .

Is this something you have initiated alone ? Considering you are one of many , why are the other patients who've been butchered not doing the same ?

All these ex patients need to get together to put this clinic to the sword . Strength in numbers etc.

Good luck by the way !

Initially its correspondence through the BBB but the BBB rep feels that we aren't getting far then they'll recommend mediation with a BBB rep present. I called them and said that I'd prefer we continue to correspond on email so that my conversation can be publicized on the BBB website. I responded on Friday so I'm waiting for the clinic to now respond which he will probably deliberately delay.

Initially its correspondence through the BBB but the BBB rep feels that we aren't getting far then they'll recommend mediation with a BBB rep present. I called them and said that I'd prefer we continue to correspond on email so that my conversation can be publicized on the BBB website. I responded on Friday so I'm waiting for the clinic to now respond which he will probably deliberately delay.

I know very little about the BBB , except it has some positive views within this thread - hopefully it's got some teeth ! Keep up the fight .

Have any of the other ex patients done anything about this yet ?

They're an accredited business...which sounds good, but it's not. They pay dues and the BBB basically protects them and not the consumer. The BBB in itself is almost a scam, you can pay to be recognized as a good company. RipOffReport is similar, pay them and they make your business look good.

Chris also clearly thinks I'm more nieve than I am. He told me all the good reviews of this clinic get taken down because he doesn't pay to be a part of this forum. I know that's not how forums work, we're basically a support group and the good and the bad is practically unfiltered.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

Here is a small update about my case, and I will post more details soon. almost six months past and I'm still feeling weak and also stiffness in back of my head. not much hair grown up, like almost nothing. around two months ago I had a conversation via text messages with Dr. Boland. He admitted (at least) about the number of (so called) grafts and he said he counted 483 (instead of 2500) plus size of the punch (1.2 mm instead of 1 mm which Chris insists he never used the bigger punch) and he didn't admit anything else. why he did that? because first he had to and second he said he refunds my money IF I take this post down. ( pretty shocking, isn't it?) I contacted BBB and I realized it's a biggest scam in the world of business and I'm sure ripoffreport is the same. as long as you pay them,they have your back! I visited another surgeon today and he was so shocked and amazed and he said there is no way if this damages be made by 1.2 mm punches. he said it has to be much bigger punches and he didn't want to call this procedure as FUE. (as a little dark joke, I always call my procedure F U C * instead of FUE.) I will surely post sceenshots and pictures in the near future and I will update my first post in this thread with most important updates soon. Hopefully I'll be the last victim of this butcher shop.

Thank you everyone for your warm support. God bless you all.

• Moderators

I said in an earlier post on this thread that you received between 400 to 500 grafts and they look to be around 3mm grafts. I've had various ranges from 2mm to 3.75mm grafts years ago and I've had 1mm and 1.1mm more recently. I will stick with my original assessment that these look like around 3mm grafts.

Now that he has admitted that you only received 483 grafts, is he giving you a refund of $4034? If you were paying $2 per graft, 483 grafts comes to $966. You gave him $5000, so he owes you $4034. If he refuses to pay you, then you need to do what I said in my earlier post and sue for consumer fraud as that is exactly what that is. He is ripping you off. You have not gotten what you paid for. You don't even need to get into whether they grew or what size they were. Certainly you should threaten to sue first, so it doesn't cost you any lawyers fees, but if that doesn't work, then go through with it and find a consumer fraud lawyer.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.