WARNING: if considering Dr. James Boland in Colorado Surgical Center READ THIS.

Sanjar41

I don't want to make this a FUT vs FUE debate. At this moment if I had to get another transplant it would be FUT. Better results, and better growth.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I think anyone that does proper research wouldn't have them on the list. This is the reason when you go on their website all you see is $2 a grafts rather than good results. Its human nature to try to convince ourselves that everything is true and golden when we may benefit from it.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

I want to thank all of the supporters.I checked this threat after almost two months and I couldn't believe what I saw. This amount of support never happened to me in my whole life. My English is not good but my pictures shows and talks about the pain and suffering which I experience every day and night.I didn't want to think about anything in the past two months and I was so weak . My goal was to stay calm and focus on recovery. it's three months already past but I still have bleeding here and there.back of my head feels like a wood and front is still red and numb. I feel so miserable and now I'm not able to go out without hat. even I can't open the door of my apartment on mailman or delivery guy without covering my head. I can't even shave my head anymore because of many holes in back of my head and redness in front. This clinic destroyed my private and social life and now this DD214 saying "gee thanks sanjar" and proves who she/he is. I'm talking to that butcher chop shop staff now. you might think I am only one person,not even able to speak English perfectly, trusted us like a kid so lets steal his money and f..k his head. who cares. he can't do anything. he said he saved this money little by little so he can't afford a lawyer. he is not even from Colorado,so let's steal his money and kick him out! but my answer is no. you'll see the amount of support here and I'm so happy now to find myself not alone. I'll seek help and I'll make sure no one become like me under your criminal hands. Dr. Boland: you have one last opportunity as a civilize person and a Doctor to apology, take responsibility and fix this catastrophe, not by your hand ( which I don't trust, neither you nor other scary staff of your clinic) but by one doctor who is well known here and you must stop destroying other people lives like me. You did this, so pay for this. Be brave and human and take responsibility or you and your DD214 can sit and laugh together to me and to other members of this forum but I assure you I will do whatever I can in order to make other people find out about you and your clinic more and more. I post these pictures everywhere and ask internet to help me to raise funds to get this catastrophe fixed ( if it's fixable) and I will hire a criminal/Medical malpractice lawyer to come after you. I wanted to bring light and hope to my life but you made my painful and lonely life more dark and colder than before. I don't give up. I want you to respond here and defend yourself and I guess this time you better take off this DD214 mask and talk by yourself. If you think carefully and if you smart, you still have a great opportunity to fix your reputation HERE and NOW or you can just hide behind this DD214 character and let him/her help me to show your and your staff true nature to everyone. I want thank everyone who supported me and made me feel much better and I'm sure someday I'll be able to go out without hat and I'll share my pictures here on that day.Please keep helping me and support me. I'm a lonely person in the US with no family here but you guys are my family now. Hopefully next Christmas I'll be able to go out and enjoy life,not like now imprisoned in my small apartment and hide myself. Happy holidays everyone.

• Sad 1

• Administrators

Sanjar, man I'm gutted for you bro, DD214 was way out of line, he/she has been now trying to pretend like they have no affiliation with the clinic and has started posting differently in an attempt to try and change her/his image, we're not stupid, I'm pretty sure it's Catherine. Anyways, start a new thread bro, set up a go fund me I'll donate, also, let's get some coalition doctors involved to try and fix this issue, you live in LA, Dr. Mohebi did a free transplant before to a patient, it might be worth reaching out to him or his rep pkpling.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I am truly sorry for what you have endured Sanjar. You don't have to go through this alone. We will continue to support you. I am happy you came back on to take back your thread. DD214 never fooled any of us. Hopefully a real doctor can fix this. I wish you all the best.

I can see your pain is real and feel bad that you think I am 'with' the place that did this. My initial response was one of skepticism but hopeful things weren't as bleak as it seemed. I apologize for being insensitive or impatient that you didn't reply sooner, as you said, you haven't been on this site for awhile. I DO NOT apologize to any of the posters (fruitcakes) that think I had anything to do with this though. As I said I am an ex medical professional who had work done at the clinic. It's that simple. At one year I happily posted my results here never thinking it would be used against me.

But you have a legitimate issue with this clinic and the players involved. You should seek whatever relief you can to remedy the situation. Document, document, document... That includes any contact (phone, email, letter etc...) you've had with this clinic. This is evidence. Date and time, who you spoke with, what was discussed and the result of the conversation. Try to negotiate a resolution first. If you feel they are not interested in helping you resolve this or are stonewalling, start looking online for Colorado legal advice. Familiarize yourself with CO law. Some attorney's will be avl to speak with you and some may not. You are looking to speak with a legal professional with litigation experience in medical malpractice or medical negligence. Begin developing your case as an attorney would even prior to speaking to one. Prepare a portfolio with your documentation and notes and start making calls. Educate yourself. In an earlier post I wrote about 'respondent superior' and how the med. dir. is ultimately responsible for the care and procedures performed by the clinic. If you contact the clinic again, bypass everyone else and ask to speak only to

medical director when discussing your grievances. I don't blame you for not wanting to allow him to repair this. Ask him to make a referral while understanding the clinic will be responsible for whatever cost it takes to fix. Be smart.. If you feel negotiation or arbitration is impossible, don't tell them you are going to speak to an attorney. This might end any attempt to resolve this one on one as they may 'lawyer up' and cut off communications with you.

I'll give you another medical term you case may fall under. It is 're ipsa loquitur' and means the thing speaks for itself. I believe based on your photos an attorney may agree and because of this may work pro bono. Call these people and see if they can help.

Metro Volunteer Lawyers | Providing free and low-cost civil legal services to those in need in the Denver Metro area since 1966. Need Help? Call 303-837-1313.

Then contact this place.

http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/probono/directory/colorado.html

You have a lot of work to do. I wish you well my friend. Again, I am very sorry.

I want to thank all of the supporters.I checked this threat after almost two months and I couldn't believe what I saw. This amount of support never happened to me in my whole life. My English is not good but my pictures shows and talks about the pain and suffering which I experience every day and night.I didn't want to think about anything in the past two months and I was so weak . My goal was to stay calm and focus on recovery. it's three months already past but I still have bleeding here and there.back of my head feels like a wood and front is still red and numb. I feel so miserable and now I'm not able to go out without hat. even I can't open the door of my apartment on mailman or delivery guy without covering my head. I can't even shave my head anymore because of many holes in back of my head and redness in front. This clinic destroyed my private and social life and now this DD214 saying "gee thanks sanjar" and proves who she/he is. I'm talking to that butcher chop shop staff now. you might think I am only one person,not even able to speak English perfectly, trusted us like a kid so lets steal his money and f..k his head. who cares. he can't do anything. he said he saved this money little by little so he can't afford a lawyer. he is not even from Colorado,so let's steal his money and kick him out! but my answer is no. you'll see the amount of support here and I'm so happy now to find myself not alone. I'll seek help and I'll make sure no one become like me under your criminal hands. Dr. Boland: you have one last opportunity as a civilize person and a Doctor to apology, take responsibility and fix this catastrophe, not by your hand ( which I don't trust, neither you nor other scary staff of your clinic) but by one doctor who is well known here and you must stop destroying other people lives like me. You did this, so pay for this. Be brave and human and take responsibility or you and your DD214 can sit and laugh together to me and to other members of this forum but I assure you I will do whatever I can in order to make other people find out about you and your clinic more and more. I post these pictures everywhere and ask internet to help me to raise funds to get this catastrophe fixed ( if it's fixable) and I will hire a criminal/Medical malpractice lawyer to come after you. I wanted to bring light and hope to my life but you made my painful and lonely life more dark and colder than before. I don't give up. I want you to respond here and defend yourself and I guess this time you better take off this DD214 mask and talk by yourself. If you think carefully and if you smart, you still have a great opportunity to fix your reputation HERE and NOW or you can just hide behind this DD214 character and let him/her help me to show your and your staff true nature to everyone. I want thank everyone who supported me and made me feel much better and I'm sure someday I'll be able to go out without hat and I'll share my pictures here on that day.Please keep helping me and support me. I'm a lonely person in the US with no family here but you guys are my family now. Hopefully next Christmas I'll be able to go out and enjoy life,not like now imprisoned in my small apartment and hide myself. Happy holidays everyone.

Sanjar thanks for posting. Stay strong man. If you're up for it could you post some updated pics? It'll help the community to provide better recommendations.

I will also contribute to the fund. Thanks

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

Sanjar, I hope you get yourself sorted.

Perhaps a doctor on here can give you advice going forward looking at the pictures in the OP and even if you had updated pictures to show.

'Tis the season of giving!

It would be wonderful for you if a doctor on here could go one step further and do a pro bono case.

Finally if I was in your position and I had the strength, I'd stand outside Dr Bolands clinic for a month everyday without a hat on if I could and actively encourage his patients entering his clinic eachday to do a u-turn.

If I was brave enough, I'd even approach the local media where the clinic is located.

Finally, I'd also look into taking this clinic to the courts. I've no idea how it works in the U.S though.

Can they be done for a nurse carrying out the procedure?

Goodluck with everything.

Edited by leindub

SanJar

I do believe you can be repaired but there will not be too many doctors that will be capable in my opinion.

If all the grafts grow the main thing is to make this transplant natural. Because the grafts are transplanted throughout your head this is a large area to transplant and after seeing your donor it may not be able to handle it. Maybe I am wrong but I only thing this can be done via FUT. You will more likely have to go to a doctor that is able to get a big number and is comfortable with this. Let say you are able to get 4000 grafts, this may be enough to camouflage the first 1/3 of your head (if all the graft grew). Then all graft behind this can be FUED out and also transplanted in the front 1/3. Then roughly a year later if possible you can get the midscalp and crown transplanted less density (its depends on your donor).

I am not a doctor and this is my opinion. I just want you to see in my opinion what could be involved and to be careful what another clinic may tell you able your repairs.

Set up the page and we will contribute some funds to get it started. We can also maybe forward your case and story to some of the top docs. I know you're not super confident with your english---I'd be happy to help edit a brief summary (along with others--maybe even mods) to share if you'd like.

Personally, I would vote Konior or Shapiro for the repair work. They are both extremely meticulous and skew conservative. I'm bias of course, but their bedside manner is also impeccable. If you want to get the max grafts obv Hasson needs to be in there too.

We got you man.

Count me in for chipping in to a GoFundMe page. Anyone ever started one before? Heck, if we can get a thousand dollars (hopefully a lot more) it would cover airfare for consultations with a few top doctors, or a down payment on repairs. I'll start out with $100.00, and hopefully we can raise the ante from there.

We need to do something for this guy, this community can step up to the plate and help, and there are a lot of caring people here. And it's Christmastime. Let's do this.

I don't think this is going to be an easy repair. He should start sending online consults to the doctors he is interested in and see what they say. Better to start early even though there is nothing that can be done until at least 9-12 months. In the meanwhile he should try to get his money back from his doctor.

Sanjar41. I am so sorry to hear that. I thought I had a bad time with my two low density surgeries and scarring from the ARTAS Robot but my case is nothing compared with yours.

Please try to contact Dr. Epstein and Dr. Feller. I know that they love to help cases like yours (hopefully Pro Bono?). I know Dr. Epstein did a very similar case a while ago.

Please do not give up. Your case is difficult but I think in a good hands can be solved. You should take action now! Do not wait!

THIS SHOULD BE A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR ANY FUTURE PATIENT TO AVOID INCREDIBLE CHEAP SURGERIES THAT ARE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! I can't believe people keep trying this house of horrors and also that no one decided to take legal actions!! This should be an easy case of a clinic destroying someone's life for any court.

Minoxidil 5% twice a day

Propecia 0.5mg every other day

Ketoconazole Shampoo twice a week

Biotin, MSM, Multivitamins supplements.

1st Surgery October 2013: 1973 Grafts. ARTAS Robot. HORRIBLE DENSITY, DAMAGED DONOR AREA.

2nd Surgery Sept 2014: 1926 Grafts. Manual FUE. Little better results but still poor density (specially in the crown) compared with other top doctors.

3rd Surgery Nov 2015: 2880 Grafts. Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid, Spain. Amazing results!

I read this on rip off report,

STATEMENT FROM COLORADO SURGICAL CENTER & HAIR INSTITUTE:

The patient was offered a free procedure here, he declined. He wanted his money back, so we repaid him. For some reason he sat on the checks for over a year. When he went to the bank, they would not honor them because of the date. He was referred to the physician who performed his procedure who is now in Southern California. We don't know what they worked out.

Over a year? If that is the case can you show your result?

Ripoff Report | Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute Complaint Review Lone Tree, Colorado: 1261895

I read this on rip off report,

Over a year? If that is the case can you show your result?

Ripoff Report | Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute Complaint Review Lone Tree, Colorado: 1261895

That is a completely different case . That patient came from Utah. Sanjar came from

Los Angeles. There are other horror stories about this clinic on the internet.

That is a completely different case . That patient came from Utah. Sanjar came from

Los Angeles. There are other horror stories about this clinic on the internet.

It seems like the same case. Especially when I read this.

Hello everyone,

If you think about your hair restoraton this butchery must be the last place you think of it. They charged me $4500 and promised me the best hair restoration in the market but they destroyed my back head with 1mm painful punches ( which makes the permanent scars for ever and they didn't tell me anything about it) . They told me doctor boland will be my surgeon but he left the office and one unfriendly and scary assistant ( Catherine) did this mess. They are all thieves and butchers. look at my head and if you want to be miserable until end of your life just go there. I'm trying to find a lawyer and go after them. that day was my worse and scariest day in my life .I tried to be cool but time passes and I feel everyday more miserable than yesterday. many unpleasant and illegal things happend in that very day which I want to explain only to my lawyer but if you are thinking about hair restoation by going there,please only look at my pictures and think again.

I thought it was the same but it could be someone different.

• Administrators
It seems like the same case. Especially when I read this.

I thought it was the same but it could be someone different.

I believe that was a comment to the ripoff report rebuttal, I believe that probably was sanjar commenting, but the clinics rebuttal was about a different case, which involved a man from Utah who had supposedly already had a procedure prior, Sanjar had a virgin scalp, I think this only solidifies that this clinic is a butcher shop, another funny thing that I noticed is that Dr James Boland in his profile stated he was in the airforce, DD214 is a certificate of discharge used by the American military, is that a coincidence? Taken everything in to consideration, I find it unbelievably coincidental.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

HTsoon

I believe that was a comment to the ripoff report rebuttal, I believe that probably was sanjar commenting, but the clinics rebuttal was about a different case, which involved a man from Utah who had supposedly already had a procedure prior

That makes a lot of sense.

another funny thing that I noticed is that Dr James Boland in his profile stated he was in the airforce, DD214 is a certificate of discharge used by the American military, is that a coincidence? Taken everything in to consideration, I find it unbelievably coincidental.

Apparently there is close to 20 million veterans. After doing some research DD214 has changed his stance to the point that he appears to now be on the patients side. He educated himself and understood that this was not correct.

I've read most of this thread since it started and, after receiving a number of complaints regarding DD214's posts, I've caught up on all of it to date. Here is what I see...

!. There is no disputing that Sanjar's photos present a procedure that is, at the very least, 25 years behind the times. The photos do not demonstrate state of the art follicular unit grafting and the results will not likely be aseptically pleasing. There is simply no way to put a spin on it that makes it appear to be anything else.

If there is any light at the end of the tunnel, it's that the grafts will likely grow well as these types of plugs are pretty hearty. Perhaps another positive is that, because they will likely grow well, repair should be quite successful. But, that does not address the investment in time and money and emotional strain that it's caused him.

2. I understand the suspicions surrounding DD214. I get that 100% of his posts are about or defending this clinic. But, suspicions are not adequate to ban a member. His IP address is not shared by another other members and there is nothing in the content of his posts that violates our Terms of Service. In fact, I'd say that he's maintained a cordial demeanor for the most part. Certainly no worse than many other regular posters on this forum.

Perhaps he is (as he claims) just a happy patient. If so, I urge him to start his own thread and share photos of his journey. As they say, "pics or it didn't happen". Talk is cheap. If you are really a happy patient and interested in spreading the good word then please share your photos as you stated you would do.

If I've missed something that merits my attention please notify me in a PM.

I am aware JON86 has referenced a response posted to Rip Off report. I was not able to locate that on the site. Please forward me a link or screen shot to my email service@hairtransplantnetwork.com and I'll be happy to look into it.

Sanjar you have received some excellent advice. I suggest using our interactive map to locate recommended physicians in your area. All is not lost and I'm certain that you can be repaired.

Please continue to keep us updated.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

As a repair patient myself, let me throw it out there that a lot of your donor has been taken from you and you run the very real risk of thinning out your donor completely if you harvest any more hair from your donor region. You need to speak with someone who is very well practiced at the art of repair, and the best in the world is Dr. Umar in Redondo Beach, very near Los Angeles. I had no scalp donor to draw from in back, but Dr. Umar took hair from beside the ears, as well as nape hair, to create a 100% natural looking hairline. You can pretty much be assured that this is the foremost area of concern in your repair, and the first thing to address.

As David stated, the plugs will be hearty and thick, and that is a double edged sword, to be sure. The denser the plugs, the more they will stand out amongst the other barren areas of scalp. If you don't have sufficient scalp donor, you may need to turn to beard hair. It's all I had left to work with after Dr. Umar took my last thousand grafts of scalp hair to repair my hairline, and I had to thicken up the areas surrounding the mini grafts that I had done in the early 1990's, and mine looked just as bad as yours do. So I know what you're going through, but there was nothing that could be done for me for around 15 years, so I had to wear a hat everywhere I went. Even today I find I always keep a hat close by. It has become a strange attachment that I still rely on, but nothing obsessive like in times past. Part of it is that my hair looks pretty good now, and part of it is I've gotten older and really don't care what others think of my hair. Most people didn't care about my hair when I was butchered, and they will feel the same way about your hair.

All I can say at this point is to proceed with caution in your repair. Often times people end up doing more damage in their desperation to be repaired, and that applied to me as well. Dr. Umar is the best on this planet in repairing peoples hair, but he is not cheap. You are going to likely need to consider using non-scalp sources, such as beard hair, in order to fill in between the plugs.

Take your time and make sure you are thorough in asking the right questions of any potential repair doctor:

1) How many scalp grafts are available for repair? How many will be needed to conceal the plugs?

2) Is it a good idea to just remove the plugs from the crown and concentrate on the frontal half of the scalp for repair? (That is what I did in my repair. My crown is still bald, and I never allowed anyone to put any grafts into it, including Dr. Umar. I'm quite happy to have a bald crown these days.)

3) What is your experience level in doing repairs like mine? Do you have videos on your

website of repairs?

4) Have you ever used non-scalp donor sources, like beard hair, before?

This gives you an idea of how to start thinking, you cannot sit back and let a doctor decide what is the best course of action, you have to figure out what is the best course, and then reach an agreement with the doctor on what that course of action should be. It's often the hardest part of the repair, figuring out how to proceed with it. For me it was much harder than coming up with the money to pay for it.

Please keep us posted on how you will proceed with this, and feel free to PM me if I can help.

Just look at this response on page six on this page on this site on this website. Blaming the patient

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169325-hair-transplant-colorado-surgical-hair-institute-6.html

Then look at the rip off report here. The same two pictures and still blaming the same patient.

Who scans the internet to defend the clinic and blame patients other than a clinic?

Also this clinic has managed to change the rip off report in the last few days. Look at the updated dates and they are the last few days. There are others on here that saw the original rip off report

that we saw and that is even more disturbing since it has been altered.

I wouldn't go anywhere else.

AUTHOR: Nursecorps - (U.S.A.)

SUBMITTED: Wednesday, September 16, 2015

I don't know why this you had the problem you did but suspect there's more to this story than you are willing to share. I have been to this clinic twice in the lat two and a half years and give high praises to the clinic and staff. I too did not stricly follow post op instructions and had less than desired results the first procedure. I went bacl 9 months ago and had a second procedure and followed post op instrutions to the T. I now have a full head of natural looking hair and hairline that you cannot tell I had the procedure and the donar suture scar was done perfect. Sorry your procedure turned out the way it did but I personally think you neglected your post op responsibilties.

This was a rebuttal to strata that others can agree has since disappeared.

Ripoff Report | Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute Complaint Review Lone Tree, Colorado: 1174249