WARNING: if considering Dr. James Boland in Colorado Surgical Center READ THIS.

Sanjar41

I made the biggest mistake in my life and went to Colorado surgical center located in city of Lone Tree they told me they are the best in the market and everything sounded so convincing until they butchered me like this.and they are saying it's 2500 grafts with highest density!! can you believe it? even he didn't perform the surgery and he left the clinic early and left me with a very scary and unfriendly tech ( her name was Catherine ) and when I said where is the doctor and I'm not happy, she left the room too! Just imagine trapped in the middle of procedure and bleeding ... and she didn't come back until I apologized.it was so scary experience and it was like I'm one of the victims in SAW movie. Also I had no idea about using 1mm punches and later I learned about that and permanent scars of this size of punch. I made this post to warn the future possible victims and ask doctors this question: I just want to know is there any hope to fix this? I saved my hard earned money to bring hope back to my life but they destroyed my life and dreams and stole my money and I feel so miserable. do yourself a favor and don't even think about going there and dear doctors, please tell me what exactly I need to do and what are my chances to fix this catastrophe. Thank you

Here is their website: (link removed)

IMG_20151005_214154.jpg.aa71455e2cc11523827d79fdd8aec206.jpg

IMG_20151014_095354.jpg.f495c776463a372b093c52920513e4be.jpg

IMG_20151007_163231.jpg.d35179793158d16e018a26caf1208689.jpg

IMG_20151010_054728.jpg.d9d379f5f7684b80da3294e3eed31e82.jpg

• Sad 2

Damn. I thought these days were over. Jesus Christ. Thanks for posting. Also, a clinic not continuing a case until you apologize seems crazy, and maybe illegal. I would look further into that.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Sorry to say, but this is bad, very bad!

Right now you need to be patient, I know its hard but your scalp needs time to heal.

Fixing this Butchered case, largely depends upon the availability of your donor, I hope you have some good donor hair left, to fix this After few months please consult some good doctors which are recommended over here.

By the way how much you spend on this?

Thanks for sharing,this shows how important it is to research before undergoing HT!

Where are you located? Dr James Harris is in Colorado and top notch. Maybe he could at least see you. Would love to see pro bono work in situations like yours.

Thank you for sharing and please do your best to stay postive, the group here will rally with suggestions for sure.

What lead you to this group in the first place? The more you can document the better.

I thought there were laws against techs doing transplants in the USA, if If I understood correctly the Dr didn't perform the surgery, thank you for posting hopefully it will stop other victims from going there, I really hope you can get this fixed ,I agree with esrec would be nice if some of the top Docs offered pro bono I realise they're not a charity but actually it would probably increase business for them, best of luck to you, of course it all comes down to your donor supply hopefully you have plenty left.

I feel for you Sanjar41.

If this is what they call the golden standard in hair restoration, it looks terrible.

Try to make as much pictures as possible and monitor the growth.

You need some time to heal but try to contact them and see what they have to say on this.

Legal actions are always a possibility. There is a possibility to fix this but you need to heal first.

http://www.coloradosurgicalhair.com/images/-graft.JPG

Darlinglocks

FUE: 1524 grafts with DR. Tejinder Bhatti

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - Dr Tejinder Bhatti's Profile

Thank you everyone. I'm located in Los Angeles and They charged me $5000 for this so called surgery. I think they feel so safe and laughing at me because seems lawyers are not interested in cases like this. I wanted to go back to community with confidence but now I'm imprisoned in my small apartment because of this look. now life is darker and scarier and more miserable than before and I can't even look at myself in the mirror. If I can't legally go after them ( I assume the lawyers know something that's why they're not interested) then how it's possible to sue them? destroying a person's life and stealing his money and much more unfair and illegal things.. if these are not crime and not punishable by law then what will happen to our society? but I still believe in good people and I hope someone help me to see the good days again. Thank you again everyone.

Absolutely disgraceful that this human being has a Dr. title before his first name. This is not right.

Unfortunately, at this point you can not do anything. You will have to wait it out until your scalp fully heals then consult one of the top docs around to see what repair work can be done. Good luck and do keep us posted!

Yea, that should be criminal, this place is a house of horrors. Don't be too despondent, you can fix this,l repair surgery has come a long way in the past 10-15 years. I know how hard it is to be disfigured, because I was for years. But even back in the early 90's they were performing strip surgeries. What they did to you was something from the 1980's.

It's very important that you describe your situation in detail and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

Tell them that they performed an outdated procedure on you and that the doctor's assistant was the one doing the majority of the work. This industry has such a long and checkered past that they have locked themselves up pretty safely from the threat of litigation, but that does not mean you cannot take other options to seek justice. It is also very possible that you can recoup your money, but this incident needs to be documented, and soon. The BBB is a very effective means of seeking justice and reimbursement outside of the courtroom.

Options for repair include using beard hair as a filler to your punch grafts, and SMP tattooing into your donor area. You are going to have to patient, it might be a long journey to get where you want to be, but you can get there. It took me 15 years. That was before non scalp sources became available like they are today. Good luck.

I think theres enough evidence of negligence already to move ahead more aggressively than your average "poor" result would allow.

Would love to see the Mods contact some of their top docs and see if they could assist this gentleman sooner than later. Even if its just a consult with a plan of attack once timing is right. Its great to celebrate the victories on this forum, but situations like these are much more important.

OP- do you have a log of events, timelines, play by play? I would document every single thing from start to finish as a beginning point.

please tell me what exactly I need to do and what are my chances to fix this catastrophe. Thank you

Sanjar, you need to contact a reputable doctor and follow their guidance. If need be the mods here might be able to provide you with a few recommendations.

Good luck...

let it begin... Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute - Cosmetic Surgeons - 9218 Kimmer Dr - Lone Tree, CO, United States - Reviews - Photos - Yelp

looking at their site, they seem to advertise modern FUE and FUT techniques... something seems fishy with this post...

• Moderators

This kind of thing happened to me way back in the late 80s and early 90s. The company claimed that the person working on me was a physician/doctor and made me believe that the person i was consulting with, made the hairline design, placed the grafts, etc was a Dr. but it turned out that the real Dr had a general family practice and showed up for the graft removal and then left the building. It only has to be a Dr to remove grafts, not to place them in. It's a gray area about making the holes for graft insertion, but mine was not done by a Dr.

A malpractice lawsuit for hair transplants is very hard to do because it's elective surgery. I imagine every state is different, but at the time I was going through it in NJ it was not possible to sue for malpractice for this.

What you can sue for is consumer fraud, so you should be looking for a consumer fraud law firm. You can generally get 3 times the amount of money you paid, so if you paid $5000 you can sue for $15000. The lawyer will get about a third of that, so you would end up with $10000. You should also ask the lawyer about being compensated for any costs of repair work, because that MIGHT be allowed to be included in the cost to you and thus be able to sue for a much larger amount. Every state may be different on this.

What you need to do first before contacting a lawyer is formally request a refund due to the fact that you did not receive the procedure you paid for. Thier web site mentions follicular units and even has a picture of single, double, and triple hair folilcular units. There are also photos of what the donor and recipient should look like when done correctly. You need to save all of their web pages because you will need that info later if the don't refund you. Don't assume the web site will be there later! Once a lawsuit starts they will change the info on the site. Make sure you have the current info so you can show that is what you were informed you would get.

Since they list themselves as being on the BBB I would write a complaint there requesting a refund AFTER writing one directly to them and waiting for a response. That way you can show proof that you went through normal means (first directly with them, then to the BBB) to correct the situation and did not go straight to a lawyer. This is important to show that you aren't simply suing to get money back and make a profit.

The web site says they charge $2 per graft, but it seems to me they are charging per hair. This is part of the consumer fraud. It looks to me like they are maybe 3mm to 3.5mm punch grafts and you have between 400 and 500 grafts. This comes in at 5 to 6 hairs per graft if you paid for 2500. That sounds about right for that size graft.

Try to find a hair transplant Dr who would be willing to testify that the procedure performed on you was sub standard and extremely outdated. This will tremendously help your case.

REPAIR

The possible good news is that the hair will probably grow. Let it grow a year before doing any repair work, although you should certainly visit with DRs before that to see what they think and to find one who will help out with your case. You need to take pictures of the results after a year without having any other factors involved that could be seen as changing the result. No matter what you think, the clinic will argue that the reason it didn't come out right is because you had work done somewhere else before waiting for the full outcome and the other clinic is the reason it looks bad. Believe me, they will claim that and you really won't have a way of proving them wrong.

Once it grows, I think you can probably do 2 strip surgeries through the punch graft donor area to mostly eliminate the punch holes. You won't get a large amount of grafts in each session due to a lot of the area will be spots with no hair from the punches, but I think that would be our best way to fix the donor area. I think it will take 2 sessions to get enough hair to both cover the recipient area and to eliminate as much of bad donor area.

I would probably just place grafts between most of the current grafts except possibly for the very front hairline. Depending on how pluggy it looks you may need to FUE a few grafts out. I don't think I would punch them out completely as you may get some scars with that, but it really depends on how pluggy they look once they are grown.

Good luck to you. I wish you the best. I know how bad it can be as I went through it. MAKE SURE YOU DOCUMENT EVERYTHING.

AL

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Again thank you so much everyone. I see couple of questions and I would like to answer. first,why I went to Colorado from LA? the answer is very simple! Please look at their website and you see they're saying they are performing "gold standard" procedure, they have 27 years of experience and they charge only $2 per graft. please don't tell me I got what I paid for because they offered best service, they said 2500 grafts is enough to take care of my baldness after they saw my pictures which I sent to them and $2 per graft.That's what they offered and that's what I paid for.it was $5000 and I saved that money for curing my baldness not to get rubbed and butchered like this. before going there,I even sent them a picture from another person's one day post-op and they confirmed I will get even better result than him! and you see the meaning of best result in my pictures.I will update this thread with more pics and updates.

Thank you all.

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, there is a guy who was damaged as well by another doctor, and he was able to convince his credit card company that the surgery constituted fraud. The credit card company did a successful charge back and refunded the money to him. I can't guarantee that this will work, but it's worth the effort.

If the doctor was not present and the surgery was done by a tech, then this is a clear cut case of fraud and deception. I would personally give this a shot.

And for anyone else out there considering surgery, this is why you should use a credit card, because at least it gives you some options.

More like negligence than fraud, would be surprised if OP would be covered/indemnified for loss under his credit card (presuming he paid using CC) resulting from a badly performed surgical procedure. I presume the surgeon is not recommended by this site?

OMG !

I am shocked! How on earth could This shit happen? The last couple of Month the HT stories/results here is getting worse by the Day.

I have had a bad HT myself and going for another one in 10 days. I Think you need to book a HT ASAP with one of the top docs. And trust me, choose one on of the best.

Damn i feel so so sad for you