WARNING: if considering Dr. James Boland in Colorado Surgical Center READ THIS.

Sanjar41

In 2006 I took my hack HT doctor Joseph Karamikian to small claims court in NY. He never showed his face instead sending his lackey lawyer. I went a total of 4 times. Finally I gave up and decided to just move on with my life, get it fixed, lesson learned. I suggest you do the same, and follow some of the great advice you were given by others to fix your situation. Best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I'm so sorry for what you've gone through. As baldness patients we probably have to place a high level of trust into our doctors (and their clinics). Possibly in the future we can do something as suggested in this post to protect ourselves more..

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177585-hair-density-how-justify.html

Best of luck with your recovery and repair efforts..

I heard about this clinic online, but their prices seem way too cheap and only had one doctor I never heard of on this forum, so I passed on thinking of using them. It pays to do research and in the end, if you have not heard of a service one way or the other, assume the worst. I do commend you for posting your warning. I hope things get better for you and perhaps obtain the services of a malpractice attorney. You definitely seem like a case of a botched surgery. Sorry.

Good thoughts above. Agreed as mentioned earlier there's sufficient evidence of negligence to move forward more aggressively than usual. Documenting and logging everything should be first step. Every last detail.

Agreed, though, that time wasted in court will likely accomplish nothing. Exposing him much easier to accomplish. Could even contact a local news station and detail. Right up their alley.... But I would take the high road and focus your energy on corrective measures.

I think contacting your CC company is a good idea too. Just be careful what you share. AMEX for example will refund just about anything you claim to be fraud. Chase is pretty good with matters like this as well. Depending on your credit and history your chances will vary.

Good thoughts above. Agreed as mentioned earlier there's sufficient evidence of negligence to move forward more aggressively than usual. Documenting and logging everything should be first step. Every last detail.

I agree, start documenting and chronicling every last detail of this procedure. Clearly they used outdated techniques, but I'm not sure they can be held liable, unless it was in writing that they were going to perform FUT or FUE, and I doubt that was the case.

However, the $5,000 paid, at a bare minimum, should be refunded. I doubt they would willingly do this, so involving the BBB and contacting your credit card company might work to get refunded.

The sad part is that this clinic is allowed to go on with business as usual, and no penalties or censure by any organized medical body will result from this.

When it comes to getting a HT, it truly is a jungle out there.

It's been almost a month after that so called procedure> when I think carefully,they didn't even wash and disinfect my scalp ( which I told them it's very oily) and that female butcher ( Catherine) seems put some of those grafts in my crown and I guess because there is no room for those grafts they all become like red pimples on my scalp and they're so itchy,painful and seems never heal. I feel I'm really dying,I don't know what to do. I feel so weak and if I wanna see dermatologist I guess it takes a month or two to get an appointment . I'm posting the picture which I took now. if anyone knows how to deal with this painful problem please let me know.I appreciate in advance.

Picture with higher resolution here: http://i.imgur.com/TjPZiQ1.jpg

IMG_20151027_023430.jpg.80dd7bd6488d833740800ebb7796b774.jpg

Sanjar41,

If you can't see a dermatologist, go and see your GP, he should be able to help you.

Try to buy Nizoral shampoo 2% ketoconazole.

In the meantime, you might try one of these remedies: ( please monitor what you are doing at all time)

1/ apple cider vinegar can help relieve the itch associated with psoriasis. Saturate your scalp with a mixture of one to two parts water and one part vinegar several times a week for 10 minutes (just don’t try this at-home treatment if you have cracked or bleeding skin). Use a fine-toothed comb to gently remove scales once they’ve plumped up from the moisture, then shampoo and rinse as usual.

2/ Combine Dead Sea salts (or Epsom salt) with a fine-to-slightly-coarse grain with olive or coconut oil until you reach a paste-like consistency. Gently rub a small amount of the mixture into your scalp anywhere from once a week to once a day, depending on the severity of the plaques, then wash it off,

3/Tea tree oil, an essential oil distilled from the leaves of a plant native to Australia, has antibacterial and antifungal properties that can help keep the scalp free of infection that may result from frequent scratching. If you have dandruff, psoriasis, or a dry, itchy scalp, mix one part tea tree oil to 10 parts olive oil and dab the affect areas with a cotton ball. Leave it on for five minutes before rinsing out.

I am not a doctor and those are only home remedies that might help or not help you, so I insist you see a doctor for proper treatment. Continue to take pictures as proof to document the after procedure.

Good luck

Darlinglocks

FUE: 1524 Grafts with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - Dr Tejinder Bhatti's Profile

Before you do any of what darling locks suggested, go see your GP to see what the issue is... If it is a bacterial infection, antibiotics should do the trick.. I would not use Nizoral just yet as you don't know what the cause of the inflammation and red dots are yet.

Before you do any of what darling locks suggested, go see your GP to see what the issue is... If it is a bacterial infection, antibiotics should do the trick.. I would not use Nizoral just yet as you don't know what the cause of the inflammation and red dots are yet.

I agree with Spidey. Definitely get examined by your GP before proceeding with any home remedies. Based on your immediate post-op pics and details of your surgery, an infection is highly likely to have occurred.

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

I am very sorry for what you have been through.

Don't try and treat this yourself go to a doctor right away.

Thank you for spreading the word about this clinic they

should not be touching anyones head.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks like folliculitis you need to see a dermatologist, the clinic should be taking full responsibility, they need to pay for what they've done, word needs to be spread, Yelp, every hairloss forum that exists, literally their lack of care is disgusting. You need to file a complaint with colorados attorney general it's Cynthia Coffman for Colorado

NAAG | Who's My AG?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Why would it take 2 months to get a dermatologist to look at this? That is not the case at all. I have never had to wait more than a a week or two for an appointment. Don't delay getting medical attention.

As for the poster who said this was more a case of negligence than fraud, I find that comment way off base. He was lied to, and was told the doctor was doing the surgery and yet a tech, possibly someone with zero medical training, was the real person who did this surgery. That is clear cut fraud.

Please document this and get your credit card company to help you.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your post. I had seen several bad reviews but they were all old doctors and I was considering using Boland. I seriously appreciate you saving me from this potential nightmare. I would still however love to see if there are some people with positive experiences out there.

Best of luck, we feel for you and you shouldn't have to accept this hack job.

Usually Chris sits down and discusses the procedure prior to scheduling. Being that FUT's are their specialty, I'm curious who thought doing an FUE would be best? I see two immediate issues with doing FUE's. One is the extraction and the second is placement. No one could ever convince me that the FUE method would not interrupt the integrity of the follicle or damage the unit during extraction.. To me, it's all about preparation and causing the least harm to these fragile follicles prior to, during and at their placements. Anyone who has seen the FUE procedure has to know there's a lot of room for error and trauma to the hair follicle unit during the procedure, especially extraction.. (redundant I know, but can't be overstated.)

That said, I've had two procedures in the past 2.5 years and the last one was exactly one year ago. Neither were FUE's. I need to post some 'One Year After Results" photos to give you an idea of what I'm talking about but I chose FUT because I didn't want to walk around with a half shaven head like you chose.

I also want to say TMK that your photos are precisely how FUE's look immediately after surgery. I suppose the 1MM punch size allows adequate space for follicle to be placed without causing too much scaring and w/o harming the unit.? Depending on how your body heals, there really shouldn't be a lot of scaring (if any) once the placement sites heal. At least that was my case.

My impression was that Catherine does good work but is very focused and doesn't like to chit chat while performing the procedure. I respect that. IMO you were in competent and professional hands but you also have to remember, these are people.. It's always smart and wise to show the utmost respect to any medical professional while in their care. To act otherwise would be foolish.

If I had any criticism it would be that your graft placements do not appear to be 'high density placements'. But there could be a good explanation. Viability may be jeopardized placing units too close due to inadequate blood supply.. That could have been her assessment based on initial observation. Better safe than sorry..

The last thing my friend is to give some more time. You might be pleasantly surprised once all is healed and grafts begin to grow.. Take the meds, stay away from hot hot showers, use the Nioxin treatment and be patient.

Merry Christmas!:D

I made the biggest mistake in my life and went to Colorado surgical center located in city of Lone Tree they told me they are the best in the market and everything sounded so convincing until they butchered me like this.and they are saying it's 2500 grafts with highest density!! can you believe it? even he didn't perform the surgery and he left the clinic early and left me with a very scary and unfriendly tech ( her name was Catherine ) and when I said where is the doctor and I'm not happy, she left the room too! Just imagine trapped in the middle of procedure and bleeding ... and she didn't come back until I apologized.it was so scary experience and it was like I'm one of the victims in SAW movie. Also I had no idea about using 1mm punches and later I learned about that and permanent scars of this size of punch. I made this post to warn the future possible victims and ask doctors this question: I just want to know is there any hope to fix this? I saved my hard earned money to bring hope back to my life but they destroyed my life and dreams and stole my money and I feel so miserable. do yourself a favor and don't even think about going there and dear doctors, please tell me what exactly I need to do and what are my chances to fix this catastrophe. Thank you

Here is their website: Denver Hair Transplant - Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute

Edited by DD214
  • Face Palm 1

It is insane to say this is how fue procedures look. This poor guy was butchered and you cannot say otherwise DD214. There is zero and I mean zero percent chance of this turning out ok. This looks like a botched job from the eighties. It is ridiculous for you to defend this . In my opinion this patient should seek legal action after the treatment he received by this tech. It is obvious that this patient is suffering now not only physically but also mentally from what has been done to him. I personally find it classless for you to come on here and add to his pain by ignoring the truth. It seems obvious to some of us that you somehow work for this clinic.

• Like 1

• Administrators
It is insane to say this is how fue procedures look. This poor guy was butchered and you cannot say otherwise DD214. There is zero and I mean zero percent chance of this turning out ok. This looks like a botched job from the eighties. It is ridiculous for you to defend this . In my opinion this patient should seek legal action after the treatment he received by this tech. It is obvious that this patient is suffering now not only physically but also mentally from what has been done to him. I personally find it classless for you to come on here and add to his pain by ignoring the truth. It seems obvious to some of us that you somehow work for this clinic.

Just take a look at his posts, literally every single post is about to this clinic, The fact that he would even try and act like this outcome will turn out ok is an insult, he's also going to try and flip it by saying you're a rep from a competitor he already did that with me lol.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Just take a look at his posts, literally every single post is about to this clinic, The fact that he would even try and act like this outcome will turn out ok is an insult, he's also going to try and flip it by saying you're a rep from a competitor he already did that with me lol.

Yeah I noticed that on the other thread. Funny thing or I should say not so smart thing is why on earth would anyone connected to this clinic want to post and reopen a thread that I am sure they would pay to go away? Now more and more people are going to see these pictures of this poor guy. There is no way to defend this procedure. I am sure anyone that sees these pictures gasps like I did when I first saw them.

Sanjer - how are you doing now? I agree obviously with all the other posts (well except 1) This is just horrible. I have seen some true horror stories and this is right up there with the worst. Shocking that its 2015 and this is happening still.

Again like others have mentioned you can go to a true expert next time Maybe someone recommended from this forum. At least next time you can really do your homework and get a decent and well know Dr for patient care and proven results.

The good news is that they have hardly used any of your donor really. If anything does grow in it could be hidden with another (decent) HT.

All should not be lost - although its a terrible waste of money to be butchered like this.

I really hope your able to get another procedure done.

You have this community at your disposable ! Feel free to message me if you like.

I have had 5 Hts both FUE and FUT so have experience.

• Like 1

.. and that's that someone can think having 2500 grafts surgically extracted and then inserted in a shaved scalp will not bleed, scab or cause ANY amount of scaring whatsoever... You try it and take a picture and let us see your findings. :rolleyes:

Edited by DD214
  • Face Palm 1

Unlike 'some people' I only post about clinics I actually know about. Been there twice and had two procedures, know the staff, comfortable with their system and spent my entire career working in healthcare.. I think I may know more about this clinic than most people. Wouldn't you say? lol:p

• Face Palm 1

• Administrators
Unlike 'some people' I only post about clinics I actually know about. Been there twice and had two procedures, know the staff, comfortable with their system and spent my entire career working in healthcare.. I think I may know more about this clinic than most people. Wouldn't you say? lol:p

It's completely obvious you work for this butcher chop shop, do your self and the clinic you work for a favor and stop posting you're only making it worse, I can post my post op pictures of my donor and recipient area and it looks nothing like this butchers work. It appears like he got plugs not follicular units, I haven't seen this type of work since the 90's it's really incredible and sad. I encourage David and Bill to check this IP address, in a previous thread Blake identified Chris the clinics rep under another account and made him identify himself, I wouldn't doubt this is a duplicate account of that same person or someone in that office. Original account was hairexpert72, rickibobbi,bobbyJFK are other potential accounts.

View my thread

I'm sure the moderators do their due diligence and check posters' IP's for fraud and the like.. You're going to have to come at this from another angle. You're also going to have to accept that this clinic has produced some happy satisfied customers over the years. Let me also say that I assure you I do not work for Chris (I hope he sees this as I know he would chuckle) and as I have posted before, he couldn't afford me. ;)

Dude, I like the clinic. I like the staff. I like the system. It's that simple.. So go on and rant about things you have little understanding. That's your prerogative. But don't expect me to change my position. It's not gonna happen..:o

It's completely obvious you work for this butcher chop shop, do your self and the clinic you work for a favor and stop posting you're only making it worse, I can post my post op pictures of my donor and recipient area and it looks nothing like this butchers work. It appears like he got plugs not follicular units, I haven't seen this type of work since the 90's it's really incredible and sad. I encourage David and Bill to check this IP address, in a previous thread Blake identified Chris the clinics rep under another account and made him identify himself, I wouldn't doubt this is a duplicate account of that same person or someone in that office. Original account was hairexpert72
Edited by DD214

Usually Chris sits down and discusses the procedure prior to scheduling. Being that FUT's are their specialty, I'm curious who thought doing an FUE would be best? I see two immediate issues with doing FUE's. One is the extraction and the second is placement. No one could ever convince me that the FUE method would not interrupt the integrity of the follicle or damage the unit during extraction.. To me, it's all about preparation and causing the least harm to these fragile follicles prior to, during and at their placements. Anyone who has seen the FUE procedure has to know there's a lot of room for error and trauma to the hair follicle unit during the procedure, especially extraction.. (redundant I know, but can't be overstated.)

That said, I've had two procedures in the past 2.5 years and the last one was exactly one year ago. Neither were FUE's. I need to post some 'One Year After Results" photos to give you an idea of what I'm talking about but I chose FUT because I didn't want to walk around with a half shaven head like you chose.

I also want to add that your photos are precisely how FUE's look immediately after surgery. The 1MM punch size allows adequate space for follicle to be placed without causing too much scaring and w/o harming the unit.. Depending on how your body heals, there really shouldn't be a lot of scaring (if any) once the placement sites heal. At least that was my case.

My impression was that Catherine does good work but is very serious and focused and doesn't like to chit chat while performing the procedure. I respect that. At all times you were in competent and professional hands but you also have to remember, these are people.. It's always smart and wise to show the utmost respect to any medical professional while in their care. To act otherwise would be foolish.

If I had any criticism it would be that your graft placements do not appear to be 'high density placements'. But there could be a good explanation. Based on your scalp, grafts viability may be jeopardized by placing them too close due to inadequate blood supply.. That could have been an assessment based on her observation. Better safe than sorry..

The last thing my friend is to give some more time. You might be pleasantly surprised once all is healed and grafts begin to grow.. Take the meds, stay away from hot hot showers, use the Nioxin treatment and be patient.

Merry Christmas!:D

What planet are you living on? Planet shill?