What to expect from Dr. Konior (pics) in 2 weeks

Hey guys! I live 5 mins away from Dr. Konior's office, and seeing how he is one of the best HT docs in the midwest, I booked an appointment. Some things about me and questions:

-I'm 24 and I've been balding since I was 16. The pictures show what I lost over 6 years.

-I started propecia two years ago at the "late" age of 22 and it completely stopped my hair loss.

-I am obviously a diffuse thinner (although my hairline thinned the most), but toppik easily hides it. My main concern is my frontal third because it's a pain in the a** to apply hair concealer and style that area. I don't care about my crown and don't mind if I'm in my 40s with a bald patch on top--that's quite normal for that age.

-I want to enjoy my 20s and 30s, so a HT is absolutely necessary.

-How many grafts do you guys predict I will need for just the frontal third to get thick density?

-Do you think Dr. K will operate on me?

Thanks!!

image454324.jpg.4f55af303a62b90aeb83cf5758ffbd06.jpg

image78765.jpg.8d84c2ef86c11851d7712963a437ecfd.jpg

image45454643.jpg.1ed7666326b7d0a4723eafa13d1ea0d2.jpg

image454545.jpg.e6708a8dab8b8edf44911e75c4c95075.jpg

Edited by beginnerbaldy

He's going to tell you what the rest of us likely will--you have great hair and not yet in need of an HT. Stay on fin if you're already taking w no issues.

Konior is a tremendous doctor. Trust whatever his advice is.

He's going to tell you what the rest of us likely will--you have great hair and not yet in need of an HT. Stay on fin if you're already taking w no issues.

Konior is a tremendous doctor. Trust whatever his advice is.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I don't agree that I have great hair and I'm sick of using so much toppik on my frontal third. If I get a 2000-3000 graft hair transplant on that that part, it would allow me to style my hair the way I want. I'm also planning to switch to Dutasteride soon to further future proof my hair.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I don't agree that I have great hair and I'm sick of using so much toppik on my frontal third. If I get a 2000-3000 graft hair transplant on that that part, it would allow me to style my hair the way I want. I'm also planning to switch to Dutasteride soon to further future proof my hair.

I can empathize, and then some. Prior to my surgery I was using toppik and couvre as part of a routine that took almost 6 hrs from start to finish. I did that routine for almost 4 yrs. I suffered mentally and it was damaging to my entire life. It was a devastating day to day process. I would sneak home early and at odd times to hide from my then girlfriend. My family had no idea either, it was exhausting. I could go on, as could others, but I won't. I also had significantly more loss than you're suffering from. I only share bc I know what you're going through. I had my first consult in 2012 and made myself be patient even in my darkest hour bc I knew that thinking long term (I'm only 34) would yield the best outcome. I finally moved forward last month. I'm glad, even w the suffering, that I waited.

You're in great hands w Konior. A true expert.

I can empathize, and then some. Prior to my surgery I was using toppik and couvre as part of a routine that took almost 6 hrs from start to finish. I did that routine for almost 4 yrs. I suffered mentally and it was damaging to my entire life. It was a devastating day to day process. I would sneak home early and at odd times to hide from my then girlfriend. My family had no idea either, it was exhausting. I could go on, as could others, but I won't. I also had significantly more loss than you're suffering from. I only share bc I know what you're going through. I had my first consult in 2012 and made myself be patient even in my darkest hour bc I knew that thinking long term (I'm only 34) would yield the best outcome. I finally moved forward last month. I'm glad, even w the suffering, that I waited.

You're in great hands w Konior. A true expert.

I hope you're doing well now! While i'm not suffering that much (i would say that this is simply an inconvenience), I'm simply not satisfied with my hair and would like to have normal density frontal hair. My toppik routine takes me about 10 minutes, but I feel like crap whenever I don't have it on. Your routine takes you 6 hours?!

I hope you're doing well now! While i'm not suffering that much (i would say that this is simply an inconvenience), I'm simply not satisfied with my hair and would like to have normal density frontal hair. My toppik routine takes me about 10 minutes, but I feel like crap whenever I don't have it on. Your routine takes you 6 hours?!

Totally fair of you to want more now-you're human. Only share my story to emphasize importance of patience-no doubt it's difficult.

And yes, 6 hours. Not non stop but couvre and toppik is a combo of wet and dry application so final appearance would take that long. I'm pretty meticulous. Id usually shower and apply then sleep. By morning it looks right bc both products look better with time.

3 weeks post op...more patience required. Sensing a theme? ;)

Konior is one of the best in the biz so whatever he tells you is great advice. You're lucky he's in your backyard. Good luck.

Email him. He'll let you know. He may have you come in.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Tough one.....from what I gather, he doesn't like to do surgery on people that young unless it's an extenuating circumstance (like you are ridiculously bald at 24 and are so depressed you haven't left the house in years). You definitely don't fit anywhere near that category. That being said, if you are stabilized and have good donor, etc.....I bet throwing 1,000-2,000 up front would do a lot for you and you'd be golden.

Tough one.....from what I gather, he doesn't like to do surgery on people that young unless it's an extenuating circumstance (like you are ridiculously bald at 24 and are so depressed you haven't left the house in years). You definitely don't fit anywhere near that category. That being said, if you are stabilized and have good donor, etc.....I bet throwing 1,000-2,000 up front would do a lot for you and you'd be golden.

Thank you very much for your answer. I think I'll just be honest to him about enjoying my 20s and 30s. I mean that is when hair matters the most right? This is how my hair look after toppik and is what I want to replicate in the front:

41ywrqz.png.741a81d6d95cc3107cab268335e8f12a.png