.5 mg Avodart 2/wk Sides

giantanddwarf

I started fin again three months ago and had manageable but pretty noticeable sexual sides. Thankfully they are rapidly subsiding. How bad are the potential sides from taking dut twice a week? Anyone done this with 1 mg fin daily and have anything to report? I don't want to have to stress out because of sides again but dut + fin seems too good to pass up...

I take Finast and have been for 6 years. Pretty much stabilized. I started taking Dut twice weekly and lost hair. Tread carefully, because some people (Not just me) lose hair on Dut and I don't mean just an initial shed!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I take Finast and have been for 6 years. Pretty much stabilized. I started taking Dut twice weekly and lost hair. Tread carefully, because some people (Not just me) lose hair on Dut and I don't mean just an initial shed!!

Interesting. I will have to monitor closely w/pics once I start on dut. Many an obstacle on the path to hair restoration.

So you lost hair after replacing fin 7x with avodart 2x? or were you taking 5fin+2dut? Didn't you lose crown hair on fin though?

So you lost hair after replacing fin 7x with avodart 2x? or were you taking 5fin+2dut? Didn't you lose crown hair on fin though?

I have never stopped taking finest 7 days a week but when I added dut twice a week, I lost hair.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

The slightest hormonal changes can induce a telogen effluvium. This can be acute or chronic. I'm going to assume the Dutasteride is lowering your DHT a little bit. If your hair loss continues past 3 to 4 months, you are most likely a non responder or have another contributing factor that is causing it. I don't believe taking 2 Dutasteride pilla a week is gonna do much more than Finasteride. With its long half life it needs to build up to at least 15mg or more for it to even take effect on the prostate gland. At this level and even higher are where the hair results show from their tests. You will never reach that level taking 2 a week. I'd honestly get off the Finasteride cause taking 2 Dutasteride a week is equivalent to taking 5mg of Finasteride a day. All the Finasteride will do is cause dips and peaks with your hormonal levels.

giantanddwarf to answer your question. If you are that sensitive to Finasteride you will most likely be sensitive to Dutasteride. It is not the type of drug you take that causes the side effects. It's your bodies sensitivity to the hormonal changes that cause them. You could go the natural route of Saw Palmetto and still get the same side effects if you're that sensitive. Everyones body is different and not everyone responds well to it.

Edited by ForeverLacey