Bimatoprost and Setipiprant

I am excited about Allergan's two new products = Bimatoprost and Setipiprant. Bimatoprost might be coming out soon --

Do you guys think its worth waiting for an HT until these cures come out?

I think it is time to get the ultimate HT and then use these products to hold on to everything once they become available.

There is a lot of talk about PGD2 antagonists. I am hoping a good one becomes available soon in order to avoid the dreadful DHT blockers.

I think both seem like potentially interesting treatments - however it's important to note they haven't been rigorously tested in pattern baldness yet. Some men have reported anecdotal positive results from finding their own Seti or Bimatoprost, but there's a lot of testing to be done before they're guaranteed to be effective and the dosages etc. are established. I also feel that neither will be a cure, unfortunately - alone or together.

I think the real hope is that these two will be of similar or slightly better efficacy than Propecia and minoxidil, but with an overall improved safety profile. Neither has any involvement with sex hormones, and overall they seem to be very safe. If they end up being as effective as the finasteride/minoxodil combination with less chance of serious side effects (and a fairly similar cost) I think that would be very exciting.

Personally, I'm not sure I would wait until these two drugs are on the market. Firstly, there is no guarantee either will reach the market as pattern baldness treatments and, even if they do, there is no definite timeline. It could be 2 years, 5 years, 8 years or longer - although I would expect it to be less than 5 years if they do prove effective. And, of course, nobody has any idea what the cost would be - it could be the same as finasteride, it could be 10x more expensive.

I am not on finasteride, out of some of the same concerns most other people have - but I am also realistic that there is no guarantee these newer treatments will be effective or available any time soon - though let's hope they prove as exciting as they seem.