2,123 FUT Grafts with Dr. Rahal (Oct. 8, 2015; second procedure)

win200

A tiny bit of numbness in the donor, but going away quickly. My scar is not fantastic, but that's not Rahal's fault--my scar from the first procedure was just meh, so surprising. The part above my right ear is wider than the rest. The entire scar is pretty red still.

Is your growth looking pretty similar?

Any tricks for snapping pics of the donor? Tough when you have some length back there.

Yeah I'd say similar. My forelock started peaking first and sides were lagging, now its reversed. But the forelock is what I obsess with in general so I have to acknowledge my peception may be off.

How is post op to date w Rahal compared to first procedure?

Any tricks for snapping pics of the donor? Tough when you have some length back there.

Yeah I'd say similar. My forelock started peaking first and sides were lagging, now its reversed. But the forelock is what I obsess with in general so I have to acknowledge my peception may be off.

How is post op to date w Rahal compared to first procedure?

No tips on the donor pics--I need to snap one of the scar for Rahal to keep on file. I'm just going to have my boyfriend peel hair back from the scar with a comb and then take the picture with his other hand.

Yeah, it's funny how the growth rate varies by area. It's certainly not uniform. My sides are significantly further along than the forelock, for some reason.

Looks very promising for such an early stage Win. :)

Thanks! It makes you borderline crazy waiting for growth, but I'm encouraged by what I'm seeing so far. I have no idea if this is above or below the average for three-month growth, but it's certainly not a bad sign. Strangely, I can't remember what things looked like at this point in my first procedure.

Lookin' good win :)! At what point did you first notice the shockloss? Are you only seeing this where grafts were placed in between existing hair, or has any of the shock moved beyond the recipient zone?

Only the recipient zone. The existing hair that was commingled between the newly transplanted hair is definitely a bit thinner, though not significantly. Much of the now-thinner hair is from my first transplant.

My hair was buzzed to almost nothing for the procedure, so I couldn't really tell that the recipient zone was thinner until about two months when it grew out.

Not that I need a week-by-week update, but I thought this picture really showcases the extent to which the hairline is coming in. There are definitely two hairlines now; the transplanted hairline and the denser, previous hairline behind it. Every day looks better than the last and I think that this will look very normal/good (though certainly not complete) by month five.

FullSizeRender.jpg.2d5371c1664747a551db68da0a9ebc6b.jpg

Not that I need a week-by-week update, but I thought this picture really showcases the extent to which the hairline is coming in. There are definitely two hairlines now; the transplanted hairline and the denser, previous hairline behind it. Every day looks better than the last and I think that this will look very normal/good (though certainly not complete) by month five.

Looks great! When did the redness subside?

Honestly, it's such a gradual process that I have trouble putting a finger on it. There's still some lingering redness, but I think there was a bit drawdown between 2.5 and 3.5 months--especially those last two weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Four months to the day today. Pics aren't the best, but I think they show the progress. I'm feeling mixed about it. I love the hairline, but I'm feeling *somewhat* nervous that it's still very thin looking. Under fluorescent lights, the hairline vanishes almost completely. I'm probably just being paranoid--words of encouragement appreciated. Thanks, guys!

FrontThreeMonths.thumb.jpg.3a91f43aaa6cfe6dd20f37f20ba1bec7.jpg

RightThreeMonths.thumb.jpg.1751ff28a9ec510589f50884a8058f7f.jpg

LeftThreeMonths.thumb.jpg.250e348f5f402729b0479555d0989256.jpg

The hairline is looking good. Sure, it needs to thicken out, but it's only four months into the process. You know you'd be telling anyone else it's early days and not to freak out at this stage - and it applies to you too! The odds are well in your favour for this to turn out great.

C'mon Win, anyone can tell this is trending towards a killer result. Remember its only at the 4 month mark where most folks exit the Ugly Duckling phase and look like they did pre-surgery. Its only going to get better and better as more hairs grow and mature. You're acting crazy

C'mon Win, anyone can tell this is trending towards a killer result. Remember its only at the 4 month mark where most folks exit the Ugly Duckling phase and look like they did pre-surgery. Its only going to get better and better as more hairs grow and mature. You're acting crazy

Haha, thanks for the head check. It's easy to be level-headed when you're looking at other peoples' results... less so when it's your own head. You always assume the worst-case scenario.

Haha, thanks for the head check. It's easy to be level-headed when you're looking at other peoples' results... less so when it's your own head. You always assume the worst-case scenario.

I hear you mate, but even if you only get 50% of the success you are hoping for, you still appear to have a good head of lush hair behind it, but this Rahal we are talking about, so it's gonna be closer to 100%. You have already won

I hear you mate, but even if you only get 50% of the success you are hoping for, you still appear to have a good head of lush hair behind it, but this Rahal we are talking about, so it's gonna be closer to 100%. You have already won

No, you're right. Luckily, everywhere but my hairline is at or very close to original density. I just forgot from my first procedure how torn up you look for months after surgery--and how it looks like everything went wrong until it all sort of comes together at once and takes you by surprise.

• 3 weeks later...

Not that I feel the need to do week-by-week updates, but I've been slammed at work over the last few weeks and really hadn't kept an eye on my hair. I figured that not much had changed since my last update at four months, but looking now that is noooooot the case. This lighting isn't awful but isn't great, so things look better than they look here under some circumstances and worse under others. The picture quality isn't top-notch so there's probably a little false density presented here, but the bottom line is that not even five months this looks really, really good. I was freaking out (exaggeration, but still) to Rahal's clinic that the right side is coming in more slowly (still true and not shown well in these pictures), but they let me know a) it's early, and b) this is my second procedure, and second procedures grow in more slowly. So bottom line, there's still a lot of growth and maturation to augment this result.

5b32eb1dbd861_FiveMonthsFront.jpg.a75779aab567f0e3ee4db4680603153f.jpg

5b32eb1dda51e_FiveMonths.thumb.JPG.79465c20af696a1770b87dc0e5edc445.JPG

Not that I feel the need to do week-by-week updates, but I've been slammed at work over the last few weeks and really hadn't kept an eye on my hair. I figured that not much had changed since my last update at four months, but looking now that is noooooot the case. This lighting isn't awful but isn't great, so things look better than they look here under some circumstances and worse under others. The picture quality isn't top-notch so there's probably a little false density presented here, but the bottom line is that not even five months this looks really, really good. I was freaking out (exaggeration, but still) to Rahal's clinic that the right side is coming in more slowly (still true and not shown well in these pictures), but they let me know a) it's early, and b) this is my second procedure, and second procedures grow in more slowly. So bottom line, there's still a lot of growth and maturation to augment this result.

You can stop right here and declare this a winner. Luckily you still have more growth and maturing to come. Go out and enjoy life, you won mate! A lot of us are incredibly envious of your hair and hairline in the current state. Don't want to here about you freaking out anymore mister!!!!

Haha, thanks guys! I'll upload a pic soon that shows the area on the left side that needs to density to come up, but at five months there's still plenty of growth/maturing to do. And worst case scenario, the left gets a few FUE grafts to top it off. Not the end of the world.

Yes, I love the hairline design. It's exactly what I wanted and the artistry is amazing.