Do You Hate Haircuts?

voxman

I do. If I had my way all Barbers would be rounded up and sent to Lumberjack Camps.

Actually I know of one who wanted just that...but I digress.

Let's form a cool club for the Longhairs amongst us.

maxresdefault.jpg.d7ca9e582fdad18f448e86d02d70cfd0.jpg

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I love getting my hair cut/fade.

You can still join because you have a cool avatar, but you have to pay 2X dues.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

After my HT (only hairline lowering) I realised that my hair dressers butchered me for decades!

Because I had to shave down for the procedure so I grew my hair without getting any cuts for 5 months. I was amazed to find out how thick and wavy my native hair was. I was always under the impression that my hair was super fine and thin. False. It was only thin because hairdressers thin it out excessively just so that they look really busy when doing the job. The thinning cut might be good for some customers but for me they're doing more harm than good.

I think most hairdressers are employing a one cut suits all approach and that's where they stuff up.

From now on I only let them cut the sides and back. Just a tiny bit on top and I make it crystal clear that they should not even think about "thinning it out".

• 3 weeks later...

Getting haircuts definitely went from fun to not fun when I started to lose my hair. After a while, I just got my own clippers and started doing it myself to keep it as short as I wanted it. Also it let me get more frequent cuts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I've been cutting my own hair since I was a teenager.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I have a love/hate relationship with haircuts.

I love how I feel right after a haircut. I always feel like I have a 7-10 day window after a haircut where my hair looks its absolute best and fixing it is so easy. Then after the first 10 days, I start struggling trying to fix it. And because my hair grows fast, I end up needing more frequent haircuts, and in LA, a good haircut does not come cheap - so this money adds up quick.

I will say that since my HT it's gotten a lot easier - mostly because I don't care to let it grow now, so I don't have to get it cut as frequently as I did before. My wallet appreciates this big time.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Pretty nerve-wracking these days. Quality of the barber makes or breaks it. I like a relatively short and clean cut look but given that I have pretty noticeable temple recession, it has to be done right. A year out from some Konior artistry and hopefully that will no longer be the case :)

Youll hate haircuts if your donor looks crazy, things are uneven, and if you have varying density issues. Seriously, next time salon workers point out something during and after a haircut, it will be about that time to find another place.