Anyone used Dr. Sam Lam in Dallas, Dr. Bernardino Arocha or Dan McGrath for FUT?

MichaelB

I am considering Dr. Sam Lam, Dallas, Dr. Bernardino Arocha in Houston and Dr. Dan McGrath in Austin. I have met or talked with each and have been impressed until I come across negative reviews about any. Bottom line I would only feel the best talking to someone that had the surgery for similar FUT graft amount (1000-1200) for front side density but don't know anyone. Has anyone here actually had the procedure from them or know firmly about someone that has?

Any help would be appreciated.

Side note: for what it's worth, I had FUT done 20 years ago by Bosley and was probably going back to them until I met again with them and saw the numerous negative reviews here that reflected my same experience in just the basic communications with them through and past consult. TERRIBLE customer-service, no empathy, just focused on getting you signed up and they bad-mouth other locations of their own company!! For that I thank this forum for opening my eyes and causing me to cancel what would have been a nightmare.

Thanks for your reply. Did you have the procedure from Arocha? I have only talked to them but not in person. I was really impressed with Dr. Lam and his background in the transplant field but only saw one review on here and it was not good. Hope to find someone that has used Dr. Lam or Dr. Arocha as my first two choices.

thanks.

Thanks for your reply. Did you have the procedure from Arocha? I have only talked to them but not in person. I was really impressed with Dr. Lam and his background in the transplant field but only saw one review on here and it was not good. Hope to find someone that has used Dr. Lam or Dr. Arocha as my first two choices.

thanks.

No I did not personally have work done by Dr. Arocha, I did not know about him until I saw some of his work profiled here on the forums and its been very impressive. I live in the US but wanted an FUE procedure so I chose Dr. Rahal in Ottawa and am very pleased with his work and clinic.

thanks.

I had my second procedure with Dr Arocha (first with a different doctor) and my experience with the Dr and his clinic wasn't great. Consultation was misleading, procedure was painful, communication is poor (They still ignore my emails), and i am not happy with my results.

I do understand that most Dr will have some good and bad results but don't ignore the bad ones either. When i did my research he only had one bad review at the time before having my procedure but now there's more.

If i were you i would defiantly talk to as many HT physicians as you can before deciding on one. Find one that you feel comfortable with, one that will meet your expectations, and one that is willing to do whatever they can to see that you're happy.

This is my personal experience so i can't speak for others. Good luck!

Edited by Td06

• 6 months later...