I just had FUE w/Artas Robotics But...

ralphnyc

Hello everyone!

I just had my first ever FUE with Artas but I feel that the doctor could have lowered my hairline and filled in the temples. That's what I was expecting and told him so, however, he refused saying that my whole look will not look natural and that it will crappy if my current hair starts to fall as well.

I totally disagree. What do you guys think?

Attached are fresh pictures, 2 hours after surgery.

hair.jpg.1fc3588408caa08b5d8bf9695d9de8be.jpg

IMG_5801.jpg.de86717041b8661156ff1d2274941131.jpg

Yeah - looks like an awful hairline, he needed to fill in the sides more. I see you were deciding between Dorin and Rahal at one point. I know Rahal refuses to use Artas, so it wasn't him. I can only summize you ended up going with Dorin or maybe Dr Bernstein (based on Artas and refusing to lower your hairline) which would have been a mistake on your part. In addition, electing Artas is also a poor move based on the fact that the likes of Rahal, Lorenzo and Feller concluded it wasn't as good as manual. Based on your prior posts you seemed to be doing the right level of research at the time, but it seems you went against the advice provided to you in your prior threads and didn't follow through on performing solid enough research on Artas vs manual, as well as agreeing on your goals with the surgeon well in advance of the surgery date. Sorry mate, but if you weren't happy with the hairline he was proposing, and he refused to meet your goals, you should have walked out then and there.

Apologies if this is coming off as harsh, and luclkily you still have options in a year to go for a 2nd procedure (with a diffirent surgeon) to meet your goals, but, ladies and gentlemen Ralph is a perfect example of someone who went against the advice of knowledgeble and expeienced posters and never performed thorough enough research. Live and learn I guess

..I feel that the doctor could have lowered my hairline and filled in the temples. That's what I was expecting and told him so, however, he refused.

Well, what's done is done. I guess you can always find a doctor for your 2nd procedure who will work with you on your wishes.

You may be satisfied with it once is grows. Only time will tell. No sense in regrets at this point!

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Yeah this seems like a bernstein, why didn't you go with dorin or other nyc docs?

Idk he's conservative but can say from many convos with him, he's an extremely detailed and meticulous guy. His work is rarely bad, just ultra conservative.

Either way best of luck on your decision moving forward. Good news is you can correct it.

Unfortunately there are several non-HT places (cosmetic dermatologists, etc.) now pushing ARTAS and Neograft. I've seen it in person and it's shocking the lack of knowledge and experience these people have. These places are using techs to do everything and somehow getting away with it. I think we are going to begin to see many cases of robotic FUE botch jobs in the near future.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hello everyone!

I just had my first ever FUE with Artas but I feel that the doctor could have lowered my hairline and filled in the temples. That's what I was expecting and told him so, however, he refused saying that my whole look will not look natural and that it will crappy if my current hair starts to fall as well.

I totally disagree. What do you guys think?

Attached are fresh pictures, 2 hours after surgery.

Sigh, I had quite a few PMs with Ralph back in May when he was researching. I definitely tried to encourage him to travel for the surgery, but he seemed pretty adomant he wanted to get it done in NY. I don't think this is Dorin's work though, and I would be shocked if it was Wesley. Feller doesn't use ARTAS, so it smells like Bernstein, although I suspect he produces better than this. I remember Betnstein's proposed Harline during my consult with him going way back and was way too conservative. This work just looks atrocious in that he left huge gaps on the sides, although maybe that's just me. Sorry Ralph,mI hope this isn't as bad as it looks and you now have a year to start researching properly for that 2nd procedure.

looks like you had about 1800 grafts, probably should have gone for 2500

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Thanks for all your feedback, which only reassured my opinion on the issue.

This procedure wasn't done in NY nor in Canada- you get what I mean by that.

To be very objective, the results will not be as drastic as I wanted them to be. His approach is extremely conservative. The Doc only filled in the current thinning area. According to him, circa 980 grafts were used.

Having said that, I will definitely need a second procedure to close the temples and lower the hairline. I just wished it was done all at once.

Hi ralphnyc, It is a sort of odd design but Im sure it'll be a good start to your HT journey. I would have gone for around 3000 to get the whole frontal third area and made the side and top connect a bit more smoothly but again you can hit that up in the next round in a year or 2. Good luck growing.

Hi Ralph,

Please can you name your surgeon. I think its important info for other potentail candidates considering that surgeon. There is absolutely no reason he couldn't have knocked it out in one go. Yup around 2,500 grafts would have done the trick. 980 grafts is absolutely pathetic.

Hi Ralph,

Please can you name your surgeon. I think its important info for other potentail candidates considering that surgeon. There is absolutely no reason he couldn't have knocked it out in one go. Yup around 2,500 grafts would have done the trick. 980 grafts is absolutely pathetic.

Agreed. Nothing you said was mean or unfair and there's been no attempt to disparage the doc. Your pics support your concerns.

Extremely conservative approach but i hope it grows well. Some scalp and facial structures cant support higher levels of conservatism, however, you may just want to wait and see how it turns out. My own concern is the yield and rates of ARTAS. Few docs posted results with Artas across various forums but the yield comparisons did not look equal to manual doctor hand surgical labor cases. Some docs have stopped using it and reported the machine did not work for them so it is collecting dust. One thing you have to ask yourself is, did you pay a doc to do surgery or did you pay a doc to have surgery by the machine he/she owns?

Bottom line is you deserve a great result, wait it out, take monthly photos in hd and even video if need be. Document everything for your safety. If it turns out uneven or hairline looks distinctly noticeable, tell that doc to either repair it or refund you for suggesting a pattern against your original wishes. In fact, i would urge you to send in all pics and correspondence to ftc if things go awry. This is exactly the type of stuff being collected due to the level of harm and deception, marketing fraud in the industry. If there are business entities that pop up to discount your experience, that should also be forwarded along with dates and times and screenshots of posts, exchanges. Wish you the best. I really hope it turns out well for you.