FUE HT with Dr Marwan Saifi, Wroclaw, Poland - FUE 2050 grafts 2/10/15 - Diffuse Norw

It's looking great and at only 4.5 months
Thanks man, thanks for the feedback.

I think it looks on par with the month you're at. I'd expect that to thicken up as months go by. the daylight picture is the best way to judge it and I think it looks good imo.
Thanks for the feedback wizz cheers. Daylight there is no hiding place that's why I put it in. Hoping it will thicken up nicely over the next few months fingers crossed

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude Romp, what the heck were you talking about, your hair is looking amazing at 4.5 months, jeez I can only imagine in another 3 months. This is going to be a homerun.

Ha thanks mate I'm hoping the density will pick up in the mid scalp but I have to say so far so good. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Today is the 5month mark. Longest 5months of my life. I don't look into the mirror every 2minutes anymore to check if there is any growth which is great. I'm just letting it do its thing but nobody really can explain how hard the first few months are waiting to see if anything will happen. Anyway some pictures and I tried taking a few in harsh light as it wouldn't be fair to make them look great in favourable lighting which can easily be done. It is still light in mid-scalp and right is slightly behind the left but am hoping for it to thicken up. Overall I'm delighted at the 5 month mark and have gotten lots of compliments and people asking why was I shaving it. here's hoping for more thickening.

2016-03-02_14_27_32.thumb.jpg.07ff1e773e580bc13cead921425d6102.jpg

2016-03-02_14_28_12.thumb.jpg.ad536ec75b737e21de09d16597d85870.jpg

2016-03-02_14_25_47.thumb.jpg.1fe9658565fbf899d9a3edda18b247b3.jpg

2016-03-02_14_19_49.thumb.jpg.ed6243fd3c6595179e48ea127723e940.jpg

2016-03-02_14_30_33.thumb.jpg.20ad7330d4bbbf7b18f8b0ee8723f39a.jpg

2016-03-02_14_23_24.thumb.jpg.6837cbc834be4dabfd62a60046e17239.jpg

Coming on great. Hopefully more growth to come. Have you tried a bit of toppik, to see if it gives it a volume boost?

Ya man I have tried it just once and it made my hair look great but I don't want to get into the habit of using it as it's time consuming and would i'd be worried bout rain wind etc so I'm not going to use it but it has a great effect. I can see why celebrities etc would use it for big nights etc. I'm hoping it will all thicken more and I won't need it :D

• Administrators

It looks great at 5 months, it will thicken up, the hairs are in their adolescence wait until they're fully matured, it's pretty amazing even right now happy for you bro:D

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It looks great at 5 months, it will thicken up, the hairs are in their adolescence wait until they're fully matured, it's pretty amazing even right now happy for you bro:D
Cheers mate if I could get a head of hair even half resembling yours I'd be delighted. I noticed yours thickening up nicely each month so that gives me hope of more to come.

You're really coming along dude! Remember 5 months is still very early, the next few months should be exciting. Also good on you for the overhead shot-95% of the time this is absent when people or clinics share.

Stay away from that mirror ;)

Just looked at your pre-op and for 2K grafts this is a solid result. I think you probably need to do another 1-1.5K down the road to get the desired density you are wishing for. HTSoon did 4K in a similar area for comparison. I think you were a bit more hairy than him going into the procedure though.

The important thing is from the front view you already look really good and in 6 months it will be even better. Only birds and 6'5 men will really be able to see some of the issues from overhead. Unless you are 5'1 and then maybe quite a few more people may notice ;)

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

You're really coming along dude! Remember 5 months is still very early, the next few months should be exciting. Also good on you for the overhead shot-95% of the time this is absent when people or clinics share.

Stay away from that mirror ;)

Ha, the mirror obsession has passed thankfully. As for the overhead shot just keeping it realistic. It's easy take the pics that make it look really dense just goes to show clinics can make a pic look great by a simple lighting adjustment.

Just looked at your pre-op and for 2K grafts this is a solid result. I think you probably need to do another 1-1.5K down the road to get the desired density you are wishing for. HTSoon did 4K in a similar area for comparison. I think you were a bit more hairy than him going into the procedure though.

The important thing is from the front view you already look really good and in 6 months it will be even better. Only birds and 6'5 men will really be able to see some of the issues from overhead. Unless you are 5'1 and then maybe quite a few more people may notice ;)

Thanks for the feedback mate. I'm lucky I'm 6ft 2 so it's mainly birds that will be looking down on my scalp ha. I am of the same thinking that a 2nd pass would be needed down the line but hoping I might get a few years out of this one first. I never had crazy expectations to begin with considering my level of loss but I'm extremely happy so far and as you said for 2,000 grafts I'm very happy. The best is when people sayin I don't kno why you were buzzing your hair these last few years:D

you've come a long way and its already a significant improvement from your pre-HT stage, the hairline looks to have been placed just right and as soon as you start adding some more density - I think you're going to be very happy - I too like the unique extraction pattern and strip that was leave unharvested! very interesting - congrats and continued best wishes in your growing!

you've come a long way and its already a significant improvement from your pre-HT stage, the hairline looks to have been placed just right and as soon as you start adding some more density - I think you're going to be very happy - I too like the unique extraction pattern and strip that was leave unharvested! very interesting - congrats and continued best wishes in your growing!

Thanks you very much mate. Have you a thread somewhere how many grafts did you get with Rahal? ur own profile pic is impressive

thanks for the compliment - while I don't have a thread, in my profile you can see my albums of pics of my HT progress - I had 2 FUE procedures with Rahal spaced out over a year. Sept 2014 was my first with 2k grafts for hairline and frontal zone restoration. And then a year later, Sept 2015, we did another 1,500 grafts for the mid-scalp and up to the crown. So a total of only 3,500 grafts in both procedures. I am a high NW5A to 6, and my donor was not so great, but considering where I started, I am very pleased with the results, it is night & day for me! and Dr. Rahal is indeed a top knotch surgeon and just great guy - his clinic & staff offers some of the best pre and post-op care anywhere, I'm very pleased I ended up going with him!

I was also considering Lorenzo in Span because I definitely wanted FUE - but thankfully I found Rahal in North America who would do FUE on me, most of the other docs I consulted with in North America were all recommending FUT - I'm from the NJ/NY area so traveling to Canada was a quick 1 hour flight! You have your pick of some great FUE docs in Europe

Yes Europe has some great surgeons but many are quite expensive particularly the UK or Belgium. Turkey is much cheaper but only a handful of quality clinics. I think that whole American clinics recommending the FUT is simply because they are not as skilled in the FUE procedure

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to leave it til 6 months but I hav noticed changes in the past 2 weeks only. It seems to be maturing and thickening every week and I have felt some small hairs only popping through in some parts of my scalp recently. Took these just after waking up no styling product or anything. The mid scalp is slowest for me but its getting there. A lot of people are asking me what the hell is going on I'm just saying it's minoxidil so I think there their sales might hav jumped recently :) happy happy :D

2016-03-16_10_31_54.thumb.jpg.340d84e424191c6b0fc74a39d0010ea0.jpg

2016-03-16_10_31_07.thumb.jpg.48f515afb54b9de05c1a2bad976d0262.jpg

2016-03-16_10_30_22.thumb.jpg.cff0f8ba7ce9a7e218b59bf19770f40b.jpg

2016-03-16_10_32_51.thumb.jpg.ff01e1f3ad58cb2f2e96f99f22ae62ed.jpg

2016-03-16_10_34_05.thumb.jpg.d0e1c7fc67b6c1d7aba5ca1a40c1a45c.jpg

2016-03-16_10_35_04.thumb.jpg.b0e84e1a96c5f3ea4e48f8d2464ee717.jpg

2016-03-16_10_36_38.thumb.jpg.4d931461077a817f8702db371ccabb5b.jpg

Tremendous mate. You must be over the moon and still bit to go:)@

No meds or anything else?

Cheers mate. Im delighted. No meds no. My regime consists of

minoxidil twice daily

lasercomb every 2nd day

Saw Palmetto tab

biotin/selenium tab

CR LAB shampoos

Great face framing and he got the hairline perfect. Any lower wouldn't have looked right imo. You don't even notice the mid section of the head much. It shows how important it is to get the frontal hairline right.

Great face framing and he got the hairline perfect. Any lower wouldn't have looked right imo. You don't even notice the mid section of the head much. It shows how important it is to get the frontal hairline right.

Thanks mate. I'm with u on the framing of the face. In my early days on here i often heard guys say framing the face can do wonders for balding men and I thoroughly agree the more cases I see.