Failed FUE. Repaired by Dr. Feller. Thank you Dr. Feller

First I want to say that this guy looks great especially without that much left to work with Dr. Feller gave him a great hairline and the patient is very happy . Why I ask to the Dr.Feller haters out there preferably the FUE army on this site in my view I see you as you have a full time job just living and breathing for Dr. Feller to post and then pouncing like vultures to rip him apart . To me this looks very suspicious to me always coming from the FUE army. You just pick the subject and results to death anyone who is not a conspiritor can see this guy looks great for the amount of he had left to work with . Haters stop making it so obvious . I would go to Dr.Feller just because he stands up to people that attack his work not like most doctors who don't even want to show their work they are afraid the army will come out and find one little hair out of place and rip the doctors apart. I do agree I would like to know who did the FUE for future people to know who booked with him so they can run as fast as they can.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't post op care essential in either FUT or FUE? cleaning regiment, keeping grafts constantly hydrated for the first few weeks, etc. of course it matters - I know some docs or clinics who provide very detailed post op instructions and materials, while others provide NIL..

Home,

Based on my conversations with FUEguy, the instructions he was given were similar to ours and other established clinics. And he's a very compliant guy and followed them well. I have no reason to believe this caused any growth issues.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

then if there is no physiological issue and he can grow well with an FUT procedure, he should be able to grow just as well with an FUE procedure that is performed properly - ie. where grafts are not damaged in the harvesting process and are implanted within a short period of having been extracted- I had FUE with only 2k grafts to my frontal zone - while I knew I wasnt going to get a dense result, I certainly got good coverage and an excellent growth yield - the doctor doing the procedure and a proven technique is the key - I'm thankful to Dr. Rahal for my excellent result and I'm proof FUE can be a success

Home,

FUE growth rates are simply more variable and yields are lower on average. This is because of the stress and strain the grafts are subjected to during the extraction process. Even in clinics with very established protocols, like the one you mentioned above, it occurs. This is simply a reality of FUE. If you look over anyone's overall track record, you'll see much more variation with the FUE compared to the FUT. You're going to get more reliable and consistent results with the FUT. No one is saying you can't get good results with FUE, but it's much more of a "flip of the coin."

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

yeah i got all the cons you guys have been stressing - all the FUE results I've seen from Rahal's patients are not "a flip of the coin" - they are as consistent as his FUT results - its a combination of his surgical skill and procedure technique, post op care, etc. I think its very disingenous to suggest otherwise when you have the procedure done by a reputable, skilled surgeon - otherwise FUE would not be a viable option that only seems to be growing in demand not vice versa.

Home,

I disagree. It it imperative to go to a top FUE doctor to maximize your chances at good growth -- just as it is with FUT. However, I don't think any of these top doctors would state that the yields are "as consistent." There is simply more variability and lower yields with FUE. How much is a point of heated debate, but I haven't heard any doctor with the ability to do both FUT and FUE claim they are identical. Otherwise, why would they offer both? And remember that popularity of a procedure does not necessarily equate to the most consistent results. It also has to do with the perception of it being "new," a perceived less invasive nature, different scarring, et cetera.

Regardless, I'm very, very pleased you obtained good results with you FUE procedure!

Home,

Just to reiterate what I was discussing earlier, here is something taken directly from Dr Rahal's site:

The Benefits of a Follicular Unit Transplant

- A fuller, more dense look

- More consistent hair growth

- A completely natural result

- Superior hair yield

Follicular Unit Transplantation | Dr. Rahal

Esrec,

You nailed it! At the end of the day, the patient is happy and he looks great! This is what matters.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Reviving a 4 month old thread I see, and so it begins the anti-FUE campaign 2016.

Next thread will be titled

"Why FUT is STILL and will forever be the gold standard " by Dr. Alan Feller.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Maybe that will save people from getting more bad FUE results like I said before Fue is OK for the right people and the right doctors but I would never recommend having a big session small areas are fine and at least you can see how it works for the person. This patient had 2 failed FUE's so that would indicate he's not a good candidate for that kind of procedure.

• Administrators
Maybe that will save people from getting more bad FUE results like I said before Fue is OK for the right people and the right doctors but I would never recommend having a big session small areas are fine and at least you can see how it works for the person. This patient had 2 failed FUE's so that would indicate he's not a good candidate for that kind of procedure.

Bad results happen with any procedure, do you really think Dr. Feller has never had a bad result, every doctor has had a patient with subpar growth, in my opinion reviving a 4 month old threads is unnecessary, we all know how he feels about FUE, to say bad results are the norm is simply not true, I can name off several forum members who've had successful FUE's including myself.

Let's keep this site educational and motivational no need for another anti-FUE campaign like last year, like it or not FUE is here to stay, and high norwoods with extensive hairloss are achieving favorable results with comparable growth as shown by doctors such as Lorenzo. Both procedures are good and benefit the community I think the fact that we can choose is fantastic.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.