Failed FUE. Repaired by Dr. Feller. Thank you Dr. Feller

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you may be looking at the pictures from his second surgery. The ones from the first (where the hairline was redone by Dr Feller) are on the first page.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

My alter ego, huh? Now things are getting interesting ; )

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• Administrators
This thread is a conversation between Bloxham and his alter ego. :)

Just picturing that made me lol in real life.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Another not good fue result. I signed up on the forums because I was having a hard time trying to convince myself to do a fue procedure and it feels like all Im seeing now are bad fues. Makes me wonder.

But I'm really happy for this patient. He looks a lot better after the other surgery.

FUE for me?? Maybe???

the photos from his 3rd HT still leave me with the one question

Did he get a good growth from his 2nd HT (first FUT) - Id say no he didn't,

is he on meds? foams? what was his 14 day post care treatment like,

he seems to be a poor grower - both FUE & FUT similar results on this patient

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Case studies like these are as close as we may ever get to a true evaluation of the yield differences between FUT and FUE. The experiment has been fairly well standardized. The same patient/physiology, similar timeline, and modern surgical protocol. The only variable in the experiment is the method used to perform the procedure. The conclusion is fairly obvious: the FUE grew poorly and the FUT grew well.

Research, research, research!

Doctors I'm considering:

FUT:

-Feller

-Hasson

-Konior

23tsbpg.jpg

This is why I am so hesitant to have further work done. I'm sorry guys but that just screams unnatural / obvious transplant.

That and we now have four pages and FailedFUEGuy. after writing a rather lengthy post, has not replied back ?

He has only one post from ten days ago where he makes a blanket statement about FUE and disappears ?

"DO NOT DO FUE IT DOES NOT GROW AS WELL AS FUT. I AM LIVING PROOF."

I just don't know what to make of this...

Actually this reminds me of a somewhat similar case also by Dr Feller I believe where the hairline was frontloaded with nothing behind it. To each his own I suppose but in my opinion very unnatural.... and very obvious. Seeing cases like these very much concerns me...

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159110-plug-removal-dr-beehner.html

attachment.php?attachmentid=33988&d=1347575529

Another not good fue result. I signed up on the forums because I was having a hard time trying to convince myself to do a fue procedure and it feels like all Im seeing now are bad fues. Makes me wonder.

But I'm really happy for this patient. He looks a lot better after the other surgery.

Dr. Feller did a really nice repair job but don't be misled about the fact that the original procedure was a FUE. I've seen bad FUE's and bad FUT's all over the place (as well as great ones).

I think this is MUCH more a matter of your doctor's skills and not the procedure. The grafts either sat out too long, had significant damage coming out or were placed improperly - all challenges with HT surgery and the reason to be very careful about your doctor selection.

For what it's worth, I had a FUE 6 months ago with one of the pioneers in hair transplantation surgery, Dr. James Harris. I consider my results terrific so far, am VERY glad I chose FUE and I have lots of growing still left to do. Dr. Harris did mine with with fewer than 1,800 FUE grafts.

5b32e8baa64df_HairProgressat6months.jpg.1daeda4580b0866460a0434a18044078.jpg

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

Hi everybody. I came back to the clinic today to have my staples removed, and Dr Feller and Dr Bloxham told me about the thread. Wow! I had no idea it would take on a life of its own like this. I didn’t think it would be controversial either.

Sorry for not coming back to check in and update. I have two young daughters and work full-time, so my time spent online is pretty minimal. I’ve been on the hair transplant network forums before, but I thought it was okay to just share my story. Didn’t know it was best to stick around and answer questions and such. I obviously feel very passionately about the whole situation though, so I can do my best to check in if it is going to help other guys like me out.

I also didn’t mean to be sly about the name of my FUE doctor. He’s one that comes pretty highly recommended and is discussed on here a lot. I know people want me to say who it was, but I still don’t feel right about it. I don’t think he really did anything wrong. I think it was just FUE period.

I also wanted to comment about the results of the FUE and the FUT. I’m not sure if the pictures really do Dr Feller’s work justice, because there really is no comparison between the FUE I had before and his strip surgery. It’s night and day. The FUE didn’t grow and the FUT gave me exactly what I wanted and helped me move on with my life. Period. I meant what I said in the beginning of the thread. The first procedure was really tough for me on a lot of levels, and I don’t want guys to go through the same thing. FUT grows better. I went to a “good” FUE doctor according to pretty much everywhere online, and you can see how his FUE grew versus how Dr Feller’s FUT grew. No comparison! I’m not some kind of scientist, but it wasn’t hard to figure this one out (especially after talking to Dr Feller).

I had Dr Feller and Dr Bloxham take a picture to share. Just to prove I’m a real guy! Funny stuff. They said they would put it up for me later today. I’ll try to stop back and update as my new surgery grows out. Thanks for all the support.

Hi everybody. I came back to the clinic today to have my staples removed, and Dr Feller and Dr Bloxham told me about the thread. Wow! I had no idea it would take on a life of its own like this. I didn’t think it would be controversial either.

Sorry for not coming back to check in and update. I have two young daughters and work full-time, so my time spent online is pretty minimal. I’ve been on the hair transplant network forums before, but I thought it was okay to just share my story. Didn’t know it was best to stick around and answer questions and such. I obviously feel very passionately about the whole situation though, so I can do my best to check in if it is going to help other guys like me out.

I also didn’t mean to be sly about the name of my FUE doctor. He’s one that comes pretty highly recommended and is discussed on here a lot. I know people want me to say who it was, but I still don’t feel right about it. I don’t think he really did anything wrong. I think it was just FUE period.

I also wanted to comment about the results of the FUE and the FUT. I’m not sure if the pictures really do Dr Feller’s work justice, because there really is no comparison between the FUE I had before and his strip surgery. It’s night and day. The FUE didn’t grow and the FUT gave me exactly what I wanted and helped me move on with my life. Period. I meant what I said in the beginning of the thread. The first procedure was really tough for me on a lot of levels, and I don’t want guys to go through the same thing. FUT grows better. I went to a “good” FUE doctor according to pretty much everywhere online, and you can see how his FUE grew versus how Dr Feller’s FUT grew. No comparison! I’m not some kind of scientist, but it wasn’t hard to figure this one out (especially after talking to Dr Feller).

I had Dr Feller and Dr Bloxham take a picture to share. Just to prove I’m a real guy! Funny stuff. They said they would put it up for me later today. I’ll try to stop back and update as my new surgery grows out. Thanks for all the support.

just to be clear, the hair line on this patient is from 1600 FUT and if so how is this not FAILED FUT GUY

16jlquc.jpg.f06e19b5e819611c0c79969501ace798.jpg

@F.F.G - 14 days post op care, did you do anything different between your FUE & FUT procedures? did the Doctors advise you differently?

Hey FUEGuy,

Dr Feller went through some of the pictures today and sent me this one; hopefully this is what you had in mind:

2uqizv6.jpg

He's alive! He's alive! Hahaha. Thanks again for being a good sport. Everything is looking great. Can't wait to see this grown out!

Seth,

I'm a bit confused. You don't think his FUT grew well? Even if you think he may be a "poorer" grower in the first place -- which I don't think he is -- do you really not think there was a noticeable difference between the FUE and the FUT growth:

14ears2.jpg

Seems like you think he doesn't grow well in general? Correct? And if this is the case and his physiology just doesn't respond well to surgery (which I still disagree with), why were the results from the FUT so much more dramatic?

Interested to hear what you're thinking here -- or if I'm even understanding correctly. Haha.

Oh also, Seth:

To my knowledge, really nothing different in the post-operative care. He also didn't make any lifestyle changes, medication changes, et cetera.

@ Blakey !! its a great improvement no can deny that, but the image from on top that I shared (post op) clearly shows a completely different story to the photo front on with dry hair (hiding the gap) of 1600 FUT, really does not look like 1600 thus making me come to the conclusion that he is just not a great grower, remember you added 1600 to his original hair line, combined looks barely 1200 again i can only come to one conclusion that he is not a good grower. finally where is the before 1700 FUE photos, id very interested to know what he started out with

Yo,

Gotcha. You think it looks like he only has around 1,200 total in the hairline, huh? I would have guesstimated closer to 1,600 if I saw him come in off the street. He is wet in that top down. And I did shave slightly into the back of the first FUT transplants to blend them with the second procedure a bit (though the goal on him was as much coverage as we could get!). So maybe this is making it look a bit different than the presentation photos?

Regardless, glad to hear you think it's a good improvement overall. He's seriously an awesome guy, and I'm glad we were able to give it to him. At the end of the day, that's what it's really all about.

And I'll check to see if we have any of his true "before" photos (pre-FUE). He has shown me some on his phone and to me he looked exactly the same as he did before the FUE. Just some wispy hairs hanging on throughout the front. I do think he's going to check in more too, so maybe he'll upload it -- or send it to us and we can do it for him.

yes at best 1200-1300 combined, the important fact is he's over the moon with the results,however its misleading that its failed fue when actually its not a great FUT result as well, which again leads me to feel he's just a poor grower. Blake you said it yourself he looks like 1600, when he already started with grafts so really it should look like 2000 - 2200 which confirms he is just not a good grower

Seth,

I think it would have looked closer to 2,000 - 2,200 if some of the FUE grew in AND the FUT grew well. However, I just don't think much of anything grew from the FUE. And what did looked very wispy and fine, so it wasn't really providing any support for the growing FUT. Because of this, I think he looked like around 1,600 grew, meaning almost no growth from the FUE and good growth from the FUT.

Blake we're going around in circles, i just think he's had an overall low growth for both methods and considering we've yet to see the before FUE shots makes it even harder to judge,

5b32e8bd5df24_17001600.JPG.282a123caaf698b6d1ff5c6fd9df23a2.JPG

Seth,

Yeah, no need to go back and forth for days here! Haha.

I'll see if we do have any pre-FUE shots -- and maybe FUEguy will even share them himself.

... post continued below -- is HTN being "glitchy" for anyone else?? ...

I do understand that you think he's a poor grower in general, but I'm curious as to why you think the FUT grew better? I noticed you were asking about some post-operative things and medications. Did you think this played a role?