Dr.Bisanga, BHR Clinic, 2988 FUE 0 - 12 Months

Norwood classification:NW4 diffused thinner.

Hair Characteristics: medium fine

Donor Density: Measured in 3 areas as 70/70/80 Follicular units per cm2

Graft breakdown:-

1s 667

2s 1147

3s 1015

4s 159

Laxity: n/a

Miniaturisation: 10 to 15 percent

Medication:- None at time of surgery then patient went onto Minoxidil post op and has continued.

Recommendations:

2500 to 3000 grafts for frontal third with conservative hair line. Minoxidil also recommend to assist the thinning hair on top.

Pre-surgery design

01.%20Pre-op%201_zpsobpejeyx.jpg

01.%20Pre-op%202_zpsiurwwsii.jpg

01.%20Pre-op%203_zpswdayvz6j.jpg

01.%20Pre-op%204_zpsstfr8udb.jpg

01.%20Pre-op%205_zpsoown8oaj.jpg

01.%20Pre-op%206_zpsleonvn3p.jpg

01.%20Pre-op%207_zpstzokohhe.jpg

Placement

02.%20Post-op%201_zps6hbwyaqw.jpg

02.%20Post-op%202_zpsd2n8ckrx.jpg

02.%20Post-op%203_zps0cmdixwm.jpg

02.%20Post-op%204_zpsoa8xvkys.jpg

Donor Extractions

02.%20Post-op%205_zpszcsiqzq7.jpg

02.%20Post-op%208_zpsqlrlqizc.jpg

02.%20Post-op%206_zpsnfdnndri.jpg

02.%20Post-op%207_zpsezcedidk.jpg

Result at 12 Months Photos Provided by Patient.

03.%2012%20Months%201_zpsel2p1d6l.jpg

03.%2012%20Months%202_zpslye8wnyt.jpg

03.%2012%20Months%203_zpsnjsa0y58.jpg

Patient Quote:-

The transplant really came out great and I'm very pleased with the result. Looking back the change is really remarkable.

I'm still using Minoxidil and it's seems to hold for now, hopefully for few years.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 1 month later...

Hi sl. Thanks for sharing this fue result. I have a question, is the safe zone for where grafts are taken different in fue than fut? Because it looks like this patient had fue grafts taken from almost the bottom of where his hair is on his neck?

FUE for me?? Maybe???

Hi Sunseeker

Thanks for the question.

The practical "safe zone" for Strip is not comparable as such to the safe zone mentioned for FUE.

For Strip it is with regards to an area safe to take a Strip from and to remove tissue, whereas for FUE it is where the hair itself is safe to take. For example, here the FUE goes down to above the nape, if you look you see it shaved and a thumb size area non touched before it goes down then to neck hair.

The FUE area is greatly extended to harvest grafts from all over the donor and can be circa 180 cm2 on a good candidate and is spread throughout the donor when the patient has good hair evident. It will differ (the safe zone) for patients in size and some can be 6cm x 30cm as said and for others 4cm x 30cm or less taking into account other factors such as retrograde alopecia etc that limits FUE safe areas or previous surgery etc. It can also change over time as one ages.

So, hope I answered but basically the techniques differ greatly and for sure Strips are far more local in a specific are and take all of the grafts in the defined Strip zone ( a rich and well defined area) . It is not global in terms of harvesting throughout and needs to be not too low to Stretch and neither too high to have issues of the loss dipping into it.

FUE is taken throughout and for sure what is safe for FUE in terms of good quality hair would not be the same for Strip because you simply would not take it in any part of the donor but usually keep it to the defined safe area that is traditionally used. There are of course variations but I am talking in general.

Hope helps.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Really nice result. Congrats to all.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson