Giant thanks to Dr. Feller and his wonderful Staff

beldarcone

I am from France. Not really, but I am from New York and I want to thank Dr. Feller and his staff for the great day I had with them. I have to admit that nervous doesn't begin to say how I felt before going in to the office and surgical suite. I parked at the office building (lots of parking) and went upstairs and found that I was walking next to somebody. When I looked up it was Dr Feller. He looked at me and said " Are you my patient today?" and I felt much better right then and there.

He unlocked the office and after a short wait he took me into the consult room for pictures at different angles. Then he drew a line on my head and it looked perfect. If only he could give me my hair back from that line I would be so happy. Then more people came into the office until like 10 people came through the door. Dr. Feller said they were all here for me. I didn't realize how many people were needed. Anyway, we went into the back and I was given cookies and water and was told to leave my phone on so I could use it during the day. That surprized me. Then two of the ladies came in and cleaned my head and cut my hair in the back. After that, Dr. Bloxham, who is a very very nice guy, came in and made me feel comfortable and numbed the back of my head. I made him take is time and he did. He kept saying no rush and that he'll go at my pace. Before I knew it was really numb. Weird feeling, or should I say lack of feeling. Then dr feller came in and told some pretty good jokes and started taking the strip. I felt nothing. My phone rang and Dr. feller said it was ok for me to answer so I did. I was surprised by that because he kept taking the strip! Then I heard clicks and dr. bloxham said those were the staples going in. Never thought of myself as a piece of paper, but I guess a first for everything. Then before I knew it it was done. Absolutely no pain at all. Then They laid me down and numbed the front. Won't lie, I didn't like that. But it went very fast. While that was happening dr fellers "army" as he calls it were dividing my grafts. There are rooms of techs dividing my grafts and dr feller kept running around to the rooms checking the quality and giving numbers to dr blake. Very organized. Then the doctor started to make holes or slits in the recipient area from my hairline. I was worried the line was washed away but dr bloxham gave me a mirror and I coudl see it was still there.

I couldn't believe I would get my hair line back. But he started to make the slits there but not put the hair in. They do that after the slits are made and it gives the techs time to cut out the grafts. So then two of the staff came in, such nice ladies, and started puting the grafts back in. Painless. Totally painless. I fell asleep. When I woke up Dr. Feller was in front of me admiring his handy work. The hairline was done. He asked if I wanted to see it and handed me a mirror. It was AMAZING, I had a hairline again!!! I could see the little hairs.

This went on for a few more hours. 15 minutes for lunch then back at it. By 3pm we were done. Dr. Bloxham injected the back of my head for some reason. I wasn't feeling pain. They put a headband on me and then gave me the most generic grey baseball hat I had ever seen. Gave me instructions and I headed home. I went back to have my staples removed and that went well. Thank you Carla! I can still see my hairline to be as the hairs have been growing since the surgery. There are little scabs at first, but they were gone by my forth shower.

I want to say a word about Dr. Feller. He is EXTREMELY intelligent and caring. I have met smart men before, but this guy is over the top. And he is funny too. He read me like a book and made me laugh just when I needed it. HIs staff are also the nicest people. Professional and caring. Everyting I was hoping for. I can't say thank you enough to everyone at Feller Medical. I recommend them to anyone who is a bit nervous about having a procedure but want your hair back.

Also, I met a few of Dr. Feller's older patients when I was there and they looked fantastic so I am looking forward to joining "The brotherhood" as Dr. Feller calls it.

I will post pictures when the doctor sends them to me and I figure out how to do it on here.

Good day everyone.

Beldra,

Thank you for the excellent write up! Your description of how the day flows will be very helpful to those researching hair transplant surgery down the road. No doubt about that!

I'm very pleased you had such a positive experience, and I look forward to updates! I probably said it once before, but don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything!

Be healthy and grow well!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Beldarcone:

Thank you for this write up. I'm highly considering Dr Feller for a FUT procedure as well.

I have a few questions (and maybe someone from the clinic could reply if Beldarcone is not sure of the answers). Does the clinic still use custom cut blades with lateral incisions? Are surgical steel staples still used for closing the donor? Did the clinic mention anything about upcoming medical therapies (like PGD2 blockers/PGE analogs, injections of growth factors, duplication/cloning)?

I'll check in on your progress.

Research, research, research!

Doctors I'm considering:

FUT:

-Feller

-Hasson

-Konior

Nice to hear that you had a great experience I had also gone with 2 of my friends to Dr. Feller and both times I went I stayed the whole time with them I even got to check on their progress Dr. Feller would let me see from time to time as the grafts were being placed it was a cool experience both times. I even ate lunch with my buddies when they brought in his lunch.

Bunsen,

Yes, we use blades cut to the width of the patient's individual FUGs ('custom cut blades'). We also still close with surgical staples too. We feel this provides the best, and least visible, scarring in our FUT patients. The future treatments is a whole other discussion! Haha. All of the ones your mentioned are currently in different phases of trialing (both professionally and in groups online), so they aren't offered in clinics yet. But who knows what the future will hold!

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Beldra,

Thank you for the excellent write up! Your description of how the day flows will be very helpful to those researching hair transplant surgery down the road. No doubt about that!

I'm very pleased you had such a positive experience, and I look forward to updates! I probably said it once before, but don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything!

Be healthy and grow well!

Thank you doctor. You and Dr. Feller were great. I can't believe I actually did it and now my hairs are gong to grow instead of fall away. I will be back for pictures soon.

Nice to hear that you had a great experience I had also gone with 2 of my friends to Dr. Feller and both times I went I stayed the whole time with them I even got to check on their progress Dr. Feller would let me see from time to time as the grafts were being placed it was a cool experience both times. I even ate lunch with my buddies when they brought in his lunch.

HairJo, I didn't have anyone with me for my hair transplant, want to keep it quiet, but there was another patient in the next room getting FUE from Dr. Feller and his wife was there with him the whole time. She was very nice and was nervous at first but said her husband was having no problem at all when we were talking. When I had lunch I was allowed to watch through the window as the FUE was being done. Dr. Feller saw me and gave me a thumbs up. How did he know I was there with those big magnifiers on? Great guy.

Lunch at Feller Medical is very good by the way. Get the chicekn ceasar wrap !!!!!

Beldar signing off.

Beldarcone:

Thank you for this write up. I'm highly considering Dr Feller for a FUT procedure as well.

I have a few questions (and maybe someone from the clinic could reply if Beldarcone is not sure of the answers). Does the clinic still use custom cut blades with lateral incisions? Are surgical steel staples still used for closing the donor? Did the clinic mention anything about upcoming medical therapies (like PGD2 blockers/PGE analogs, injections of growth factors, duplication/cloning)?

I'll check in on your progress.

I know Dr Feller cut the blades for my grafts because he told me he was doing that then he showed them to me. Not sure about lateral incisions. He went from the front to the back of my head, not the sides or laterally. He used staples to close the donor. They sound like ratchets. Don't know about the other therapies at all. Dr. Feller didn't discuss them with me at all.

Beldarcone,

I had mine done in July with Dr. Feller and his team. I had the same experience as you did. They are friendly caring and extremely professional. I was nervous as well but as soon as I spoke with Dr. Feller and Dr. Bloxham I felt comfortable.

And when Dr Bloxham says "you can call me anytime" he means it. I have text him on weekends and all different hours of the night. Always responded.

I highly recommend them to anyone. I will be passing by the office in a few weeks to have them check on my progress.

Simply the BEST!!!!!!!:):)

Beldarcone,

I had mine done in July with Dr. Feller and his team. I had the same experience as you did. They are friendly caring and extremely professional. I was nervous as well but as soon as I spoke with Dr. Feller and Dr. Bloxham I felt comfortable.

And when Dr Bloxham says "you can call me anytime" he means it. I have text him on weekends and all different hours of the night. Always responded.

I highly recommend them to anyone. I will be passing by the office in a few weeks to have them check on my progress.

Simply the BEST!!!!!!!:):)

Bklyn,

Thank you for the kind words! It's been very nice interacting with you, and I hope you'll keep all of us updated on your progress!

• 1 month later...

You must have a lot of time on your hands (and be very patient) if you can afford to hold your friends' hands to Dr Feller's then sit twiddling your thumbs/ playing on your phone for hours while they get operated on - and on more than one occasion. Or, alternatively, you're making it up.

You don't know me pal or anything about my life so keep your nasty assumptions to yourself .You seem to be on here enough playing on your phone seems like you have a lot of time on your hands but only to spread doubt and negativity

It's just a bit of healthy skepticism. I mean seriously, who does that??? Sure, a wife or girlfriend would stay with their man throughout the op, but how many guys sit with their buddies for hours while they get their scalps surgically pricked and stuffed? On two different occasions. Extremely rare, surely. I could understand if you had hung around to witness the operations for a little while. But to stay for hours both times? I find it very hard to believe, sorry.

If I have to explain which I'm not obligated too but I will I am on disability I don't drive and my friends have done a lot for me so I didn't mind staying with them when they went for their surgery . They have come with me and taken me to many of my doctor appointments and I found watching the surgery interesting and don't mind at all sitting in a doctors office all day I sit home all day anyway . Anyway I think this is pretty petty and really has nothing to do with hair restoration once again I feel like this a personal attack and not called for on this forum

If that's the case then I apologise. I wasn't trying to make a petty personal attack, I just found your story hard to believe. Thanks for explaining, now it makes more sense. All the best with your future HT.

London, you make it too easy for me, but I think I'm going to bite my tounge and not say it this time - lol

That London guy does look like he likes to get peoples backs up.... I did not go alone for mine. I have a good friend who was happy to give up two days for me. Guess thats a perk of having friends :-/

I can't see one of my friends happily sitting through an HT operation on me, let alone for two days. Guess I must not have your special charms. My girlfriend, yes, but I wouldn't put her through it (nor want her to see it).

Edited by LondonHTseeker