Hair Transplant Malaysia - FUT - Dr Ruban Nathan

Hey All -

I've just had a hair transplant completed at Dr Ruban's clinic in Kuala Lumpur.

I have seen some people asking about transplant clinics in Asia and there haven't been any mentions of Malaysia so here goes.

I arrived at 8am, and met Dr Ruban and his staff at his clinic. I was given an anxiety pill and a glass of water [can't remember the drug].

Dr Ruban had previously discussed the aims of this session and we had agreed to have 1300 grafts in the front section of my head.We'd also discussed the hairline which was drawn and re-agreed.

This is the first of 2 sessions, Dr Ruban advised a second session in around 8 months to work on the top of my head.

Dr Ruban performed the strip harvest and his colleagues disected the grafts under microscope. The anasthetic was a little painful but overall this was pretty pain free.

300 single grafts and 1000 double grafts were harvested which took about 3-4 hours. I relaxed and patiently waited in the clinic.

Dr Ruban then administered more anasthetic to the implant area, was a bit painful. Then the work started implanting the grafts. Dr Ruben made the "holes", his team implanted th grafts.

It took from 8am until 5pm in total. I slept reasonably well, woke 2 - 3 times.

I visited the clinic the next morning to get a hair wash. Oddly I was light headed and sick after the bandage around my head covering the strip stitching was removed, but I felt better after 30mins or so.

I've attached before and after images of the work so you can see for yourself the initial work.

IMG_2251.jpg.eea20c4ae20b999d14c2a5eb26f541e2.jpg

IMG_2252.JPG.af2ba212022e26de7b00fd7e6393672f.JPG

IMG_2257.JPG.de23e55c196d08e7ed1b14db2b6b12d1.JPG

Good lunch with the growth. Unfortunately I think that was about 25% of the grafts you could have used. Grow well.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think so too, this is just my first session. The plan was that this would allow us to both see the effect. then in around 8 months take a view on the density/grafts for the rest of the head.

Its a bit more long winded and requires 2 sessions but in the meanwhile I'll have a renewed frontal section and some more detailed info on next steps.

I'm only 38 so hopefully have plenty of time to get it right :)

I'm of a similar level of baldeness and age, living in SE Asia so interested to follow your progress. I imagine this look will be good from the front. Surely the same number of grafts will cover the remainder if thats what you wanted.

Do continue to keep us all updated with photos as to how is goes over the coming months as I may be having my transplant done with Dr Ruban.

Whats your plan for your next treatment? FUE or more FUT? Or are you just going to wait and see first?

Edited by Happyslapper

It's been 5 days now since I had the transplant. I've just been taking it easy, not been outside as in KL the UV is high.

So the method I've diligently followed post op is:

1. sleeping elevated

2. regularly spraying the implanted area with saline prob every hour or so

3. lots of water to drink and healthy food

4. absolute minimum touching of the area, however itchy tempting it is!

5. daily wash - i've showered every day but not showered my head - i take the shampoo, dilute it, gently pat it into the transplanted area then rinse with a cup. baby shampoo on the rest of the head. very very gently wash through whole head with water

generally i've felt ok, bit lazy, few headaches, i had some mild eye/bridge of nose swelling on day 3/4 gone by today.

already the scar is healing well

once the results of this transplant are clear I'll do the next stage. I wanted to see the result and use that info for the next stage regarding density,grafts,etc

i'll do fut again the only really painful bit is those injections they do at the start.

here's the update of how it is now looking

I'll update periodically over the next year so you can see the final result - depending on result I'll either be back to Dr Ruban or i'll see Dr Pathomvanich in Thailand.

IMG_2275.JPG.9fafd6d8dbb7837a8ed506e156869088.JPG

IMG_2276.jpg.cd282ee5b0cfe2565c76e15ff57791f8.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I didnt go for transplant, but my hair is growing back.

I did the following:

1. Saw a skin doctor for my dandruff problem and shampooing hair every day.

2. Eating Maxone D-ribose L cystrain supplement. I feel this really helps.

3. Stop swimming in chlorine water pool regularly. I used to swim 3 times a week.

4. Exercise in gym more regularly and eat healthier.

My hair is denser and growing back on the balding area.

• 2 months later...

i am an expat studying in malaysia , and i am considering doing hair transplant very soon, is very unfortunately to get hair loss at young age . Last time i got do at bangkok for 2800 graft , but the result is bad , i am hoping my next transplant is better ....due to the bad scalp coverage from my previous transplant, i am using something call toppik hair building fiber to temporarily cover my baldness , came across a local company sell them at Toppik Malaysia - toppikmalaysia dot com . Anyone that want a temporarily solution before going to a transplant can try these, at least it help to conceal my bad baldness