Results of 2000 FUT w Dr. Scott Alexander from April 1st 2015

hairback423

I wanted to write a review on Dr. Alexander and Staff from Biltmore Hair Restoration. I work in the medical field and am in surgery on a consistent basis so the surgical environment was a big deal to me. So I want to add that the surgical environment is next to perfect. From the free consultation by Dr. Alexander, to the follow up with him after surgery after ONLY 5 months he has been great. His staff is caring and are willing to answer questions at any time.

Pictures are worth more than words in my opinion, so I am going to post pictures before and after my operation. I just want to add that Dr. Alexander made this an amazing experience and I would recommend him to anyone looking to get a hair transplant. Dr. Alexander and Staff are professional, caring, and knowledgeable when it comes to hair loss, surgical hair restoration, nonsurgical hair restoration, and working with their clients. Thank you Dr. Alexander and Staff for helping me get my hair and confidence back. I can't express to you how much this has changed my life!

Best Regards,

Dan

paperclip.png

DBPreOPB.jpg.7beb259dccc7a4f06411f3edac1f9c2c.jpg

DBPreOPA.jpg.f467f62bb464ae699c592be326ddfc9a.jpg

DBImmedPOA.jpg.deca0db2152f37c799c68b2a06836d40.jpg

DB6MNPOC.jpg.e916e6bed49ac67de31cfa38a1a3acfd.jpg

DB6MNPOB.jpg.19712bdab580e24e156acadc15a60657.jpg

DB6MNPOA.jpg.6d547b97d370fe2a259524867aaf78b0.jpg

Great write up. Dr Alexander's FUT work is very reliable. He continually demonstrates consistently good results, and this is adding weight to FUT (opposed to FUE) for me. If you look at the work posted here as raw data, the FUT category exhibits consistent success. In scientific studies, the ability to reproduce a procedure with reliable results (reproducibility) indicates good protocol. The fact that strict FUT protocol leads to these type of results on a consistent basis indicates that it is a reliable, reproducible procedure.

Research, research, research!

Doctors I'm considering:

FUT:

-Feller

-Hasson

-Konior

• 3 years later...

This is Dan following up 4 years later. Unfortunately the hair that was transplanted has thinned and started to fall out. I have used propecia, rogaine, nioxin shampoo & conditioner religiously, directly after transplant. I am disappointed in the fact I was told transplant hairs never will be affected, as they are "resistant" to DHT. I was a little taken back when I went back to Dr. Alexander and I was basically told, "i must be in a shedding faze". I spent alot of money on the procedure only to have the trasplanted hair thin to the point it's very noticable.  I was told by Dr. Alexander before my transplant April 1st 2015 that I may need another transplant later in life, but behind where this transplant would be because the transplanted hair will not thin or go away. Which I was ok with because I know hair loss is progressive, but it shouldn't happen exactly where I had the transplant. I dont know what to do Dr. Alexander offered to do another surgery for again what I paid the first time almost 9k.  I guess no guarentee In life and no help unless I drop another 9k.  Dr Alexander was great and did a good job at the time. I have no idea why the "permanent DHT resistant hair" is falling out. And I did FUT and have a large linear scar where now shaving my head is not a viable option. Please help with advice on what I should do. I desperately looking for a solution and help. It just baffles me that I would be now having to have to pay again 4 years later to have the same exact thing done. 

Dan

20190318_211846.jpg

20190318_212102.jpg

20190318_212059.jpg

20190318_211919.jpg

20190318_211838.jpg

20190318_211830.jpg

It's kind of unfair to have we pics compared to a 4 year old result. 

What I will say is that when hair thins behind a frontal transplant, the whole thing looks thinner. Overall, if you combed your hair and dry, I think it could look a lot better.  

Good luck.   

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

This is everyone’s worse fear .. not sure Why this would happen .. especially since u did FUT .. so the sweet spot was taken .. should be dht resistant .. ur transplanted hair definitely thinned our .. the hair behind it Actually held up pretty well .. the meds must of worked for that area .. cuz in ur pre-op the midsection n crown was thinning .. but it’s holding up .. so that’s good news .. u should check the health of ur scalp n donor hair before proceeding further .. go see a doc .

I included pictures 6 months after transplant and now. I'm not trying in anyway to swade anyone's opinion. He is a great surgeon and I dont regret using him. I just dont know why this is happening when its supposed to be resistant. 

Dan

Sorry to hear youre experiencing this.

Are you dealing with any scalp issues like flaking or itching/inflammation?

Are you on any other drugs besides finasteride?

Have you experienced a big life change or stress within the last year?

Zoloft for depression. Not more stress than usually especially now. If its stress related will in come back. What can I do. I would obviously get another transplant I just can't afford another 9k at this point. Also I'm terrified this would happen again and I'd be in the same boat. 

21 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

This is everyone’s worse fear .. not sure Why this would happen .. especially since u did FUT .. so the sweet spot was taken .. should be dht resistant .. ur transplanted hair definitely thinned our .. the hair behind it Actually held up pretty well .. the meds must of worked for that area .. cuz in ur pre-op the midsection n crown was thinning .. but it’s holding up .. so that’s good news .. u should check the health of ur scalp n donor hair before proceeding further .. go see a doc .

Where would I go to see my scalp health? 

Go see ur dermatologist if u have health insurance .. .. If u can’t afford it .. u should look overseas for ur 2nd transplant , if ur original doctor don’t want to give u a discount ..  I think u need u need ur whole frontal third done .. n get it nice n thick . N pray to god u can retain enough of ur crown :)

U should also include some pics of ur hair after the one year mark after surgery so we can see how successful it was .. if it wasn’t that dense , it’s only natural that with further hairloss after 4 years things will look thinner .. but let’s see the pics of ur temples after the ht .. since it was bald before .. that would give a better visualization of the transplanted hair thinning out or not

6 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

U should also include some pics of ur hair after the one year mark after surgery so we can see how successful it was .. if it wasn’t that dense , it’s only natural that with further hairloss after 4 years things will look thinner .. but let’s see the pics of ur temples after the ht .. since it was bald before .. that would give a better visualization of the transplanted hair thinning out or not

I put picture after 6 months post procedure. 

3 hours ago, hairback423 said:

I put picture after 6 months post procedure. 

6 months is no good tbh for a proper comparison as still in the growth phase... any pics a year post op or even better 18 months? so we can clearly see it was a successful transplant and compare how it looks compared to now.  

3 hours ago, Upshall said:

Can you show us where your scar is located. Just want to make sure it’s in the safe zone. 

Also, when you saw doctor A, did he agree that his worked has thinned? Did he provide an explanation as to why? 

All he said was I may be in a shedding stage. Then discussed doing another transplant. I will take pictures of the back as soon as I get home.  Thanks for your help.