SUNSHINE TEST

AGA is a gradual progressive condition. In the early stages, the thinning is not detectable to the eye. The lost is apparent under microscopic examination. Patients first notice that their hair is thinning when the hair is wet or under bright lights.

These are useful examination techniques : 1.) wet hair exam; 2.) bright light or sunshine.

The photos below showcase the patients hair before surgery and compared to his hair 1 year later outside in the sunshine. As you can see, his results are so natural that you can not see through the hair to the scalp.

11018727_10153566235178745_5488407344258268729_n_zpshm3k72u4.jpg

11988531_10153566235123745_6191823368228125372_n_zpsfc41jpbd.jpg

11221512_10153566235148745_7297079961859638017_n_zpsmfrhjs65.jpg

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PupDaddy, DancesWithHair and Hairsearch21,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. This patient couldn't be more pleased and was so happy that he insisted that we show his results while standing in the sun.

Pupdaddy- this patient had 1 session that was an FUT 3005.

Best wishes guys,

-CeCe

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hi Win2000,

At AHR, we believe in showing REAL and NATURAL patient results on this forum. We know that not everyone has the same DNA and therefore every patient has a different caliber of hair. Some people may have thinner hair than others and some people may have thicker hair than others. It is very important that people keep this in mind when they have a hair transplant. Dr. Arocha works hard to produce the best outcome for all of his patients, whether they have thin or thick hair. Our team takes great pride in the work we produce and it is very nice to see your comments and kudos posted on the forum under our post.

Thank you for taking the time to view our post and comment.

Best wishes,

CeCe

• 2 weeks later...

It's a nice result. I will say, however, that I find my transplanted hairs always look much better in sunshine than inside my work environment under fluorescent lighting. Natural bright light seems to reflect back. The ultimate test I have found is the Home Depot test - go look at transplanted results in the bathroom mirror section under dim fluorescent lighting. But wait until Halloween - it can be a bit frightening! ^^

Also be prepared for the Home Depot staff to give you stares as you comb through your hair in front of each and every bathroom vanity mirror/medicine cabinet. :)

• 6 months later...
Also be prepared for the Home Depot staff to give you stares as you comb through your hair in front of each and every bathroom vanity mirror/medicine cabinet.

Harry, the key is to comb your hair while you just walk around, that way it doesn't look unusual when you're in front of the mirrors:)

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

harryforreal and ArochaHair,

LOL, I almost fractured a rib! How could I forget the Home Depot test?

911fan and hairthere: We at Arocha Hair Restoration appreciate your kind words and you taking the time to view and comment on our patient results!

Dr. Arocha,

This is a very interesting topic. The truth is, lighting can affect the appearance of the results. Some lighting is more harsh than others. And the direction of the sun and the way it hits your scalp also makes a difference. I've noticed from personal experience that when I am looking at the sun straight on that my hairline looks a lot thicker then if the sun is coming from the back. It all has to do with the way the light hits the scalp and creates a shadow. That said, we all know that hair transplantation is the art of illusion. There is no way to re-create for natural hair density given the nature of supply and demand. Thus, it's about strategic placement of the hair and making it appear as natural and thick as possible.

In my opinion, you do a great job with this. Keep up the great work.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Bill-Managing Publisher,

We are very happy that our patient has one less thing to worry about. Life can be stressful enough!

By the way I appreciate your kind words about the kind of job my team and I perform on our patients- we take our job seriously!