Shaved head after fue

Hi guys

I just wanna give an update on my status before

I m post one month now from my fue 3650 grafts no pain now little numbness somtime but a lot of itching in donor area and somtime in the receipient area, redness is only now on the hairline, no heavy shed so far and the transplant hair start growing in ugly way , the skin surface not normal yet you can feel pumped and tightness when you touch it.

Donor area still red with thin hair and when i touch it i feel some pumps there and i m afraid those are the scars and they would be like this forever.

Anyway

I m trying to find a pitcure for shaved head after fue (shave to the bone) in receipient area or donor area i could nnit find any normal picture on the net. Does anyone try it so far ? espically with the new advanced fue technique not the scarry old fue

How it will be?

It is an important thing and that is why i choosed fue with small punchs, at the end my destiny might be bald again in the future and i just postpone it by HT.

• Administrators

Hey Sam, coincidentally there's another Sam on YouTube he got about the same number of grafts FUE, here's his video shaved to the bone.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Wow thanks for that

Actually i cannot comment on that

In first place It look nice in front but when he zoomed it to the donor area the scars apppear clearly but you cannot say it would be appeared in each angle or be very noticeable in public really i could not judge on it, what do you think ?

• Administrators

I highly doubt anybody would even notice, nobody inspects your hair that closely, only people who would know are other men who have had hair transplants. To be honest the scars are insignificant, if he got smp you wouldn't be able to see any scars.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

HTsoon - Thanks so much for sharing that video. A couple thoughts:

1) I absolutely love that guy's attitude. I'm sure many of us (definitely myself) can learn a lot from his carefree, stress free approach to his look/hair. Personally, I would've been a nervous wreck anticipating the little white scars - but this guy seems to "get it". Would he like a full head of hair? Yes. That's why he had two hair transplants. Would he most likely prefer not having the little white scars? I'm sure. But he has them and there's nothing he can do about it. So he has a positive attitude about it all anyway. He seems to be a master at "loving what is" (at least as far as his hair is concerned) and that's one of the biggest lessons I think any of us can learn in life.

2) The scars, while noticeable to us, really aren't that bad. And as HTsoon also mentioned, it's nothing a little SMP couldn't fix.

It's nice we all have a handy little tool to use now when wondering what the FUE scars would potentially look like should we ever want/need to shave down. Does it look perfect? No. But for me it's infinitely better than the alternative strip scar.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators
HTsoon - Thanks so much for sharing that video. A couple thoughts:

1) I absolutely love that guy's attitude. I'm sure many of us (definitely myself) can learn a lot from his carefree, stress free approach to his look/hair. Personally, I would've been a nervous wreck anticipating the little white scars - but this guy seems to "get it". Would he like a full head of hair? Yes. That's why he had two hair transplants. Would he most likely prefer not having the little white scars? I'm sure. But he has them and there's nothing he can do about it. So he has a positive attitude about it all anyway. He seems to be a master at "loving what is" (at least as far as his hair is concerned) and that's one of the biggest lessons I think any of us can learn in life.

2) The scars, while noticeable to us, really aren't that bad. And as HTsoon also mentioned, it's nothing a little SMP couldn't fix.

It's nice we all have a handy little tool to use now when wondering what the FUE scars would potentially look like should we ever want/need to shave down. Does it look perfect? No. But for me it's infinitely better than the alternative strip scar.

Spot on dude, his attitude is much like mine, I think once you've gotten to Norwood 6 there's no where else to go but up, nothing compared to the strip scar which would raise eyebrows and questions everywhere you'd go. He does have hair his result is actually pretty good for how bad his hairloss was, he just wanted to see how bad the scars would be, I'm glad he did it cause now I see it's not bad and SMP would pretty much make it unnoticeable.

View my thread

Wow, great video! Most patients wouldn't shave down like that just for the sake of documentation! Kudos to "Sam B" for doing that!

And, to the original Sam, I think it -- and a few other comments made on the thread -- sums it up well:

FUE was popularized to avoid the linear scar. Because of this, superficial FUE scarring is generally less noticeable when you're buzzing down to these sort of levels.

The important thing to remember, however, is this: you're always going to have "scarring" after surgery. It's evidence that something actually occurred! No one should try to sell anybody on the idea of a true "scarless surgery." If you shave an FUE scalp down to a 0 or 1, as Sam did in his video, you're going to see evidence that work was done. Less apparent than an FUT? In most cases, yes.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• Administrators
Wow, great video! Most patients wouldn't shave down like that just for the sake of documentation! Kudos to "Sam B" for doing that!

And, to the original Sam, I think it -- and a few other comments made on the thread -- sums it up well:

FUE was popularized to avoid the linear scar. Because of this, superficial FUE scarring is generally less noticeable when you're buzzing down to these sort of levels.

The important thing to remember, however, is this: you're always going to have "scarring" after surgery. It's evidence that something actually occurred! No one should try to sell anybody on the idea of a true "scarless surgery." If you shave an FUE scalp down to a 0 or 1, as Sam did in his video, you're going to see evidence that work was done. Less apparent than an FUT? In most cases, yes.

FUE is not scarless, but the scars are insignificant, these scars are apparent to us because we know about the procedure, to the random person I doubt they'd even look twice, I don't think the poster thought FUE was scarless, he just wanted to see what it would look like to shave completely to the bone, and this is evidence that if your transplant should fail the scars are insignificant, with smp probably not even visible, I guess in Sams case he had his cake and ate it too cause he shaved his head and is able to grow his hIr back out.

View my thread

Spidey, try using an aloe rich shampoo and cr?me rinse. That should help with the itching at this point in time.

As far as this thread goes, it's very hard to predict how much the scarring will show from any HT procedure or how short of a hair style that we can wear.

The good thing is the trade-off of having hair again...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Creams tend to work better than gels because gels tend to dry out while a good quality cream will stay moister for longer periods.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

In addititon to the heavy itching sometime, i m still feeling like pressure, tightness when laughing or caughing or moving , numbness in transplanted and donor area, it is like constant discomfort feeling, also the skin surface still not normal

When all of these should be healed and vanished ? Or they will continue like this for long time

Edited by Sam23

• 2 weeks later...

Sam,

Your symptoms should improve as each week passes, It does take six months or so to regain enough elasticity for the sensation of tightness and even the numbness to improve.

None of these will have a negative impact on your regrowth so it just takes time for the healing process to manifest and before you know it, you'll feel normal again.

Gillenator

Yes it does, now after 45 days the donor area is improving every day and the hair start covering everyrhing, on receipient area now the redness vanished but my clinic gave me injections (cocktial of vitamins and growth factors cells) so it back red as the first day and even worse, now i start climb the mountain again and hope the skin be better.

Also, they prescribed pantogar and minoxidil 5% (rogain liquid), till now i have not use minoxidil as i know once you start you should continue and even not switch to other product and i read that lipogain is better that rogain.

So Any advice, what i can use?

Thanks

Yes it does, now after 45 days the donor area is improving every day and the hair start covering everyrhing, on receipient area now the redness vanished but my clinic gave me injections (cocktial of vitamins and growth factors cells) so it back red as the first day and even worse, now i start climb the mountain again and hope the skin be better.

Also, they prescribed pantogar and minoxidil 5% (rogain liquid), till now i have not use minoxidil as i know once you start you should continue and even not switch to other product and i read that lipogain is better that rogain.

So Any advice, what i can use?

Thanks

Sam,

IMHO, I am leary of using minoxidil for "first time users" so soon after a HT procedure.

Not that I am trying to discourage you from following your doctor's advice, but some "first time users" experience excessive shedding from using minoxidil for their first time. And so whenever asked, I tell guys to wait until their procedure grows out. Sometimes the initial use of minoxidil causes the hair follicles to go into the resting phase which is confirmed by the evidence of the shedding cycle.

In addition, I know that some docs advocate using minoxidil in the recipient area to jump start the graft regrowth but I am not an advocate of that either. The grafts will grow on their own and all that minoxidil may do is to start the regrowth a tad bit sooner, nothing more.

That's been my observation anyway. I used it myself and did not notice any real difference or benefit compared to when I did not use minoxidil in my recipient area.

Gillenator

Hey Sam, coincidentally there's another Sam on YouTube he got about the same number of grafts FUE, here's his video shaved to the bone.

This is a good example of how shaving your head after FUE does not look natural if you have significant hair loss. There is a massive disparity between the donor zone and the recipient, a lack of miniaturization at the hairline makes the hairline and temporal work will always look too harsh. The way the hair groups doesn't look natural either.

"Shave my head after FUE" is an option primarily for the NW 2-3's that are considering HT's, not for anybody above that, especially if they have significant crown loss.

I will end up as NW 6 or 7 in the future, and i already had FUE on frontal third and a little on mid scalp now i see that the hairline would not disappear even if you shave and if you check his second video you will see him when he start grow again. The hair on hairline is so strong and its distribution and density are larger than any other spot, this is unatural and it will appear clearly when you shave. It is bother me a lot now and give me depression, i feel stuck, i will end up soon as NW 6 or7, It is like waiting disaster and being always worry about it. I wish if i can undo everything. I do not know if second session will solve the problem or laser to remove the hair line or make it weak, SMP will make it worse, so what can help to have a good shave head again ?

• Administrators
This is a good example of how shaving your head after FUE does not look natural if you have significant hair loss. There is a massive disparity between the donor zone and the recipient, a lack of miniaturization at the hairline makes the hairline and temporal work will always look too harsh. The way the hair groups doesn't look natural either.

"Shave my head after FUE" is an option primarily for the NW 2-3's that are considering HT's, not for anybody above that, especially if they have significant crown loss.

What are you talking about? He shaved his head completely with a razor, did you even watch the video? I doubt it. In my opinion he looks normal with a shaved head, 10000x more normal than he would with a scar ear to ear. Placement of grafts has nothing to do with the procedure that's more to do with the surgeon, plenty of FUT patients who have harsh hairlines. Have you even had a hair transplant? Serious question

View my thread

• Administrators
I will end up as NW 6 or 7 in the future, and i already had FUE on frontal third and a little on mid scalp now i see that the hairline would not disappear even if you shave and if you check his second video you will see him when he start grow again. The hair on hairline is so strong and its distribution and density are larger than any other spot, this is unatural and it will appear clearly when you shave. It is bother me a lot now and give me depression, i feel stuck, i will end up soon as NW 6 or7, It is like waiting disaster and being always worry about it. I wish if i can undo everything. I do not know if second session will solve the problem or laser to remove the hair line or make it weak, SMP will make it worse, so what can help to have a good shave head again ?

Why are you paying attention to a guy who's never even had a procedure? If you shave your head completely with a razor like he did you don't see a hairline, you're overthinking it, you can always have the procedure reversed and remove the grafts if that's what you're worried about. But I doubt it will have to come to that.

View my thread

What are you talking about? He shaved his head completely with a razor, did you even watch the video? I doubt it. In my opinion he looks normal with a shaved head, 10000x more normal than he would with a scar ear to ear. Placement of grafts has nothing to do with the procedure that's more to do with the surgeon, plenty of FUT patients who have harsh hairlines. Have you even had a hair transplant? Serious question

I watched the video, and I also watched his latest video. Shaved head after getting an HT does NOT look natural. It looks quite odd to see the distribution of hairs, and you still look bald.

His result is very average. He tried to cover a large balding area with FUE, and he has sparse coverage and a very high hairline. It's not bad, but not great either.